Topic: The I hate doing taxes thread

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues — Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2011 05:25PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2011 05:25PM

cookiegal wrote:

OK..now I am just whining.

But having to go through my medical bills, prescription receits, all that stuff just sucks.

Just need some support to get through this.

You deserve a cookie!

Page 1 of 3 (23 results)

Mar 19, 2011 05:53PM Medigal wrote:

Well you can call the 800-829-1040 line and ask them for help but don't be surprised if you get the wrong answers.  I recently had one rep tell me to go to H.R. Block if I needed help with doing my taxes.  I managed to get it all done without the help of anyone but myself, thank goodness.  This can be a very stressful time for some of us.  I don't itemize so I don't have to fool with all that aggravation of adding up all the medical and see if it is over a percentage of total income before it can be deducted.  Just to make sure you know "I HATE doing taxes" too!!

Mar 19, 2011 06:00PM nowords wrote:

My paper work has been spread on my dining room table and floor for 4 weeks...I vow to complete it Sunday, including copies and put it in the envelope to go to the accountant. My husband is self employed; a part time college professor and military retiree...lots of itty bitty details of expenses...mind numbing annually and further aggravated by the lymphedema Michelin man arm wrap this year during tax time...I breath a huge sigh when it is in the mail and again when I here the final amount owed, if not bad, or credit to 1st quarter taxes! I feel your pain.

Dx 4/6/2009, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 1, 7/22 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 19, 2011 06:57PM leaf wrote:

I hate doing taxes too!!  No hope for me getting it done by Sunday.  I have some ETFs, and they don't have to finalize their statements until 60 days after the end of their fiscal year, so that's often at least 60 days after Jan 30 - I haven't gotten those statements yet, so I'm trying to calculate them.  Itemization is the pits, and I have an FSA (health care spending account), so I'll have to get that together too.  I'll probably have to file an extension for my federal and state, but I can't for my FSA.  I'd better give that more priority.

Thanks for this thread so I can remember to do that because I can't get an extension for my FSA.

Classic LCIS.If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them- Isaac Asimov Dx 12/8/2005, LCIS, ER+/PR- Surgery 1/24/2006 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 7/15/2006 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 19, 2011 07:59PM cookiegal wrote:

FSA is soooo confusing, figuring out what was refunded and what was not.

You deserve a cookie!

Mar 19, 2011 08:04PM cookiegal wrote:

I bought a few 100-150 calorie treats...everytime I finish a section I get a treat.

You deserve a cookie!

Mar 19, 2011 08:15PM christine47 wrote:

Taxes suck almost a much as BC, ok, maybe not that bad.  I love the idea of treats, maybe try that tomorrow.  I told my DH we are sure to be audited next year as I will have a drastic change of income with being out of work for months.  Send an auditor now, I am bald and have steriod rage.

HA HA!

Dx 11/11/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 19, 2011 08:57PM cookiegal wrote:

Christine...I have been unemployed several times....that alone has not been enough for an audit.

(I was out for 8 months of last year...my husband was out of work for 2 months.)

However there are work-related expense I can not deduct while I am not working, which annoys me.

I can not find all of my prescriptions which is irritating me a lot!

You deserve a cookie!

Mar 19, 2011 09:23PM christine47 wrote:

Cookiegal,

Love that name, I am a cupcake fan myself.  I got my pharmacy (Walgreens) to print out a list of all my pharmacy expenses for the year.  Maybe you can get your pharmacy to do this for you.  Never had many Rxs before all this BC crap.

Dx 11/11/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 19, 2011 09:25PM mrsnjband wrote:

I hate, hate, hate doing my taxes.Yell  Did I mention I hate doing my taxes? I really hate doing my taxes.  NJ
Norma June, Bi-lateral MX 2008, Bi-lateral DIEP 2011 Dx 1/10/2008, IBC, <1cm, Stage IIIB, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/25/2008 AC Chemotherapy 3/10/2008 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 5/29/2008 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 7/10/2008 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 8/11/2008 Surgery 8/15/2011 Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Surgery 8/15/2011 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery 12/12/2011 Reconstruction (left)

Mar 20, 2011 12:24AM cookiegal wrote:

turns out my husband knew how to print them all out from our plans website...there is an hour of neck crunching I won't get back......I haaaate taxes!!!

You deserve a cookie!

Page 1 of 3 (23 results)

Scroll to top button