Topic: No Insurance

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues — Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: May 9, 2011 05:54PM

Posted on: May 9, 2011 05:54PM

deniseobrien wrote:

One of my best friends was just diagnosed with state 3 breast cancer...she has no health insurance...are there any organizations she can contact that could help her with the cost?  Her doctor is telling her that chemotherapy is not an option.  She needs to have the breast removed.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

May 9, 2011 06:07PM mrsnjband wrote:

It may depend on where she lives.  She may qualify for medicaid or her area my have other options.  Check with the American Cancer Society may have some sugestions. NJ

Norma June, Bi-lateral MX 2008, Bi-lateral DIEP 2011 Dx 1/10/2008, IBC, <1cm, Stage IIIB, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/24/2008 AC Chemotherapy 3/9/2008 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 5/28/2008 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 7/9/2008 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 8/10/2008 Surgery 8/14/2011 Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Surgery 8/14/2011 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery 12/11/2011 Reconstruction (left)

May 9, 2011 06:15PM Fearless_One wrote:

I think Medicaid is her best chance, depending on her financial/household situation.   They will look at the income of whoever files the tax return for the household.

lump/chemo/rads/hyster-ooph/mastectomy/implants

May 9, 2011 06:32PM AnnNYC wrote:

Denise, there is a national program called the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP).  Some states require that the woman had to get diagnosed through the program in order to get treatment through the program, but she should still contact her state branch of the program to find out for sure.

State/local contact info can be found at this link: http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/dcpc_Programs/default.aspx?NPID=1

Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 9, 2011 07:07PM Fearless_One wrote:

Gateway to Hope offers sugery to cancer patients with no insurance or who are underinsured.    I don't know much about them, they are pretty new (2005).

http://www.gthstl.org/Our-services.html

lump/chemo/rads/hyster-ooph/mastectomy/implants

May 20, 2011 05:54PM Thriver wrote:

The BCCPT program of MediCaid in your state might pay as long as you meet the income guidelines.

My best wishes.

Thriver

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Scroll to top button