Topic: Lowered Pre-Existing Insurance Cost

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues — Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: Jun 2, 2011 01:30PM

Posted on: Jun 2, 2011 01:30PM

Medigal wrote:

Yesterday in our local newspaper there was an article about how the government is cutting premiums by up to 40% in certain states and implementing other changes to make it easier for people with pre-existing medical conditions to get health insurance.  Wow!  I thought it was an answer to my prayers until I called the company.  The IDIOTS left the 6 month waiting period in it!

I called them and the deductibles are still real high.  Oh well it's the government!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Jun 3, 2011 05:04AM Liz08 wrote:

Medigal-

I came across an article like that yesterday & despite the premiums still being high, the 6 month waiting clause is beyond stupid!   

Dx: 1/16/08, Stage T1mic, DCIS, < 1mm microinvasion, ER-/PR-, Her2+, 0/1 nodes

Jun 3, 2011 07:19AM ICanDoThis wrote:

The 6 month waiting period is in the bill for the same reason that the 2 year wait is on Medicare - the Congresscritters don't want the health insurance companies -- who, after all, donate SOOOO much to their political campaigns -- to lose money if people jump from their health insurance to something the government helps to pay for.

Of course, you can tell that most of them are millionaires - it's really obvious that they have no idea how hard the financial part of treatment is, and how seriously it impacts our lives forever.

Sue - Proud to be Krista's Mom Dx 12/28/2007, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-,

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Scroll to top button