Topic: Deductible increase!

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues — Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: Jul 2, 2011 02:33PM - edited Jul 9, 2011 09:43AM by tunkylala

Posted on: Jul 2, 2011 02:33PM - edited Jul 9, 2011 09:43AM by tunkylala

tunkylala wrote:

This Post was deleted by tunkylala.
37 yrs old, IDC Stage 1, lump, no chemo, 33 rounds RAD, tmx for 5yrs, oncotype dx:2, BRCA- Dx 4/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Jul 3, 2011 08:24AM Medigal wrote:

Many health plans I have dealth with have done stuff like this and upon calling I was told it is because the company uses July for any changes.  So if you want to take advantage of any deductibles you have to do it from July to June 30th of the year.  Other companies use January to January so it is an aggravation trying to keep up with the actual "calendar" year for the health deductibles.  If your company made any changes to the plan, it also can make a difference in what their actual calendar year will be for your deductibles, imo.

Jul 3, 2011 08:59AM lago wrote:

My insurance company will be increasing their monthly premiums starting in August. For me it went up $200 a month! That's 2K per year so essentially I'm having to deal with the same thing as you.

DONE!! goo.gl/IoaN6U • Tattoos 2.7.2012 • Nipples 10.6.2011 • Exchange 6.24.2011 • Chemo 1.18. 2011 • BMX 8.31.2010 Dx 7/13/2010, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 3, 2011 10:23AM cycle-path wrote:

I think it varies from state to state. Some states have very strong consumer protection laws, and others have very weak ones. In very general terms, and with no offense meant to anyone, the "red" states have weaker consumer protections.

I am an Uppity Woman. Don't like my posts? Put me on IGNORE. Dx 12/10/2010, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+

Jul 4, 2011 06:53PM - edited Jul 4, 2011 06:53PM by peggy_j

If you get your insurance via your employer (or spouse's employer) the HR dept might help you. If you have an individual policy, the anniversary date may align with either the month you originally signed up (or perhaps your birth month). I agree that laws vary by state. I  live in CA and called our state insurance board (make sure it's the number from a *.gov website) and the person on the phone was surprisingly helpful. Our state actually sued Blue Cross for it cancelling policies when people got sick, so sometimes the states do look for their citizens. Good luck. I know the insurance problems can be tough and the last thing you need right now.

Dx 2/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 7, 2011 07:30AM Fearless_One wrote:

Companies drop people every day on individual plans.   It is always better to have a group plan.   Many people think the issue is whether or not they will take you.   But the issue is whether or not they will keep you (if you get sick). 

lump/chemo/rads/hyster-ooph/mastectomy/implants

Jul 7, 2011 12:05PM cycle-path wrote:

Even laws about whether a health insurance company can cancel your policy vary by state. In California, where consumer protection laws are extremely strong, it's very difficult for an insurer to do this. 

http://www.consumerwatchdog.org/newsrelease/ca-legislature-passes-historic-health-insurance-cancellation-bill 

I am an Uppity Woman. Don't like my posts? Put me on IGNORE. Dx 12/10/2010, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Scroll to top button