Topic: Help! I might lose my job because of BC

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues — Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: May 9, 2016 11:26AM

Posted on: May 9, 2016 11:26AM

maggierose520 wrote:

Days after informing HR that I was going to be out for some time to recover from surgery the director of my organization and the HR manager sat down with me and my supervisor to go over a formal reprimand for my excessive use of sick time. The problem is that I have not be able to accrue enough sick time over the past 3 years at this organization. I've been out for maternity leave, and then used a lot of time for depression/anxiety. Since I don't have enough sick/vacation time to cover the entire length of my I requested that our sick leave bank policy be instituted. It was then that HR researched every single time I had requested sick leave, vacation time, and used floating holiday time. The information was compiled on a color coded excell spreadsheet. I was demoted, and lost 3% of my pay. Meanwhile, my supervisor is as indignant as I am. Any advice? In addition to beating BC I now have to worry about losing my insurance, feeding my family, getting new insurance and possibly looking for a job. Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this?

Cheers! Dx 4/13/2016, DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Surgery 5/25/2016 Lymph node removal: Right Surgery 6/8/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Surgery
Scroll to top button