Topic: Any ideas of a job I can do?

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues — Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: Oct 18, 2016 04:16PM

Posted on: Oct 18, 2016 04:16PM

Scared462016 wrote:

Hello everyone. I recently went back to with after being of 5 weeks after double mastectomy. The first week kicked my butt so bad my dr put me on modified work for another month. I'm a lvn in a skilled nursing facility. ....heavy lifting, pushing, and dementia patients that pull on you. Unfortunately my work said they could only accommodate me 2 days a week (worked threw 61/2 years but have new boss) So I went to dr and asked her to put me back to regular work starting November 1. Needless to say I'm hurt. I've done a lot for the company but know there is no loyalty. I'm figuring my exchange should be in mid February. After feeling better I want to leave company. It's a stressful job physically and mentality. I would really like to work with breast cancer patients. I know a lot of women need help. ....especially if their alone. I live in santa clarita California and again I'm an lvn. If not with breast cancer patients maybe an idea of a different kind of job than the one I currently have. Thank you so much

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Oct 20, 2016 10:41PM juneping wrote:

may be you can work at nursing home for the old people?

juneping.wordpress.com/ Dx 11/15/2013, DCIS Dx 11/15/2013, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 2/35 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 21, 2016 12:31AM ShetlandPony wrote:

Maybe if you create a thread indicating nursing job in the title, the nurses here will notice and give you some good ideas. e.g. Licensed vocational nurse-- Post-surgery job?

2011 Stage I ITCs sn, premenopausal, Oncotype 16. 2014 Stage IV mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD 1 1/2yrs. GI/perit mets Dx 2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Scroll to top button