We are 194,806 members in 81 forums discussing 144,032 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues → Topic: Anyone ElseTerrified about Repeal of ACA Bill

Topic: Anyone ElseTerrified about Repeal of ACA Bill

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues —

Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: Jul 15, 2017 07:35AM

sfar wrote:

Just wondering how people are coping with the constant threat to our health care coverage due to our pre-existing conditions. I've always believed that you need to take action when you're feeling stressed and threatened and this health insurance issue is driving me crazy. I have contacted my senators but both of them are on the same page with me. When I tried to contact the moderate "on the fence" GOPs, they don't accept email from people outside of their state. It just seems so out of our control right now and I hate that feeling. Any thoughts or ideas?

Dx 2/24/2016, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 3/30/2016 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 4/20/2016 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 4/20/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 9/12/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/17/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 7 of 7 (193 results)

Posts 181 - 193 (193 total)

Oct 12, 2017 07:35AM pupmom wrote:

He's doing everything he can to screw the 99%...Devil

Life is what happens while we're making other plans. Dx 10/18/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 12, 2017 07:00PM bevin wrote:

so thrilled the executive order was signed. now the can open up insurance across state lines, get some competition and costs will hopefully go down.  Looking forward to some positive change. My premiums are too high, my deductible ridiculous and I cant even use the insurance that was promised. Looking forward to some positive changes coming.

Age 45, Oncotype 11, Primary Tumor 2.1 cm, smaller satellite tumor nearby Dx 8/8/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/9/2010 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 10/9/2010 Breast

Oct 12, 2017 07:03PM voraciousreader wrote:

bevin...ThumbsUp

Doctor told me regarding my prognosis that I WASN'T on the Titanic! Hmmm...Really?....Okay! 02/2010 Pure Mucinous Breast Cancer, Oncotype DX 15, Stage 1, Grade 1, 1.8 cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+ 90% /PR+ 70% HER2- (+1)

Oct 12, 2017 07:58PM swg wrote:

I suggest you read what this order will do in the NYTimes. This is going to allow insurance companies to circumvent the ACA and go back to discriminating against those of us with pre existing conditions .

Additionally it will destabilize the insurance markets and you can expect more insurers to pull out of the exchanges, leading to those of us who are self employed unable to get insurance.

This isn't a good thing at all.

Diagnosed 9/11/17. IDC grade 2, stage 1. 1.2cm. in right breast. ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/11/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 10/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Right

Oct 12, 2017 09:47PM peggy_j wrote:

And his 1-2 punch, he just cut subsidies.

Trump will end health care cost-sharing subsidies

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/12/politics/obamacare-s...

Today I checked the ACA marketplace and my premiums for an ACA Silver PPO will go up over 30%. This is before these new things take effect (though the insurance companies did jack the rates by 12.5% because Trump has been threatening to cut the cost-sharing subsidies).

Dx 2/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 13, 2017 05:29AM BosumBlues wrote:

Sounds like Obamacare is dead come January 2019.

Dx IDC

Oct 13, 2017 05:42AM BosumBlues wrote:

Or maybe sooner. When the subsidies stop the insurance companies can opt out or adjust their rates accordingly.

Dx IDC

Oct 13, 2017 05:50AM pupmom wrote:

And people will start dying. If that doesn't change the red states' political landscape, nothing will. Republicans should be careful what they wish for.

Life is what happens while we're making other plans. Dx 10/18/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 13, 2017 07:31AM BosumBlues wrote:

I am not understanding this and I have read many news articles on the subject. So what is a Premium subsidy. They say these are not affected. Ugh, so sick of all of this uncertainty.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/13/news/economy/trump-obamacare-subsidies/index.html

Dx IDC

Oct 13, 2017 08:02AM lovepugs77 wrote:

The subsidies that have been killed are the ones the government pays to the insurance companies. Premium subsidies are the income based discounts individual people receive. Since the insurance companies still have to offer premium subsidies (discounts) to lower income participants, they are just going to try to raise their rates to offset the difference, or pull out of the exchange.

DX at age 39 Dx 2/17/2017, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/17/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/28/2017 Lumpectomy: Left, Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 4/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Left Chemotherapy 5/18/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 9/27/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Oct 13, 2017 08:18AM BosumBlues wrote:

The media despises Trump so maybe the impact of all of this is being blown out of portion. One can hope, but I am sick with worry over all of this. I knew Obamacare was on life support but I thought it had a bit more time. I am obsessing and need to change gears. Worrying won't change anything. :(

Dx IDC

Oct 13, 2017 09:00AM BosumBlues wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-kills-key-obamacare-subsidies-what-it-means/ar-AAtotYe

This article says those receiving the premium subsidies will be ok but those that do not qualify could see much higher costs. I guess no one knows and we will have to see how this plays out but in my mind no one is safe.

Dx IDC

Oct 13, 2017 07:16PM Michelle_in_cornland wrote:

There will be a stay granted by the Supreme Court, due to mass litigation. This will hold us all in limbo for a while, not good for breast cancer patients. As Busom said, no one is safe. Whether you are wealthy or poverty line, health insurance is vital to every, single person in this country. And, more to those who have a pre-existing condition. Not a time for celebrating, at all. Prayers for all my girls that have pre-existing conditions and need the protection of the ACA, may we find policies that do not discriminate and cover our medical procedures, tests and medications. Makes me think twice about any future surgeries and consults needed. Have to make a checklist and make sure I do everything I need to do, before our markets are out of control.

Live free - Oncotype 14, Take things as they come and you can do it!!! Dx 8/8/2016, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/29/2016 Radiation Therapy 10/6/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 2/14/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Prophylactic ovary removal

Page 7 of 7 (193 results)