We are 218,757 members in 81 forums discussing 154,917 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Just a whinge about insurance

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues —

Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: Apr 15, 2019 07:56AM

NancyD wrote:

I had my yearly onc appointment in September, paid my $40 co-pay, and then this week I received an invoice from the hospital/clinic for $40.

It seems the clinic has started charging a separate fee to the patients for use of the facility. I've been seeing this dr for over ten years and NEVER have had another co-pay. Previously, it was all included in the dr visit and had one co-pay. Obviously, you can't see the dr out in the parking lot, so I am mad as heck about this newly introduced way to siphon money from the patient. There have been administration changes over the years, like almost not re-signing a contract with my insurer, that have cause me angst. To add more pain, this came three days before taxes were due (I'd already filed), and I might have used the deduction.

The hospital uses a third party to process their invoice, and they were of no help...just referred me to my insurance provider. I've decided this is an unfair charge and will refuse to pay. There goes my 850 credit rating, but I don't care. It's not an extreme amount, but it's the principle of the thing.

Anyone else have unfair charges introduced? What did you do?

Life is good. It's not perfect. but it's good. Dx 2/22/2008, IDC, Left, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/22/2008 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 7/11/2008 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 9/5/2008 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 1/28/2010 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap