Join Us

We are 219,697 members in 84 forums discussing 161,627 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Financial assistance for Medicare

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues —

Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: Jan 7, 2021 08:21PM

AmersonB wrote:

Financial assistance

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jan 7, 2021 08:22PM AmersonB wrote:

I am looking for financial assistance for Medicare. Thank you.

Jan 7, 2021 09:08PM MinusTwo wrote:

Amerson - what is your diagnosis, treatment and current health status? I may be wrong, but I think you get financial, assistance through Medicaid - not Medicare. Another option might be social security disability.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jan 8, 2021 09:00AM AmersonB wrote:

I haven't been actually diagnosed yet, but I found a lump and went for an exam yesterday. That doctor sent me straight to the er. She said I shouldn't wait another day. I am scheduling a free mammogram, but I am just thinking about any further medical financial issues because I don't have insurance. Thank you so much for your time!!

Jan 8, 2021 09:21AM - edited Jan 8, 2021 09:25AM by MelissaDallas

AmersonB, check out this national breast and cervical detection program:

https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/nbccedp/

This is only valid if you are 64 or younger. Are you talking about not having a medicare supplement and not being able to pay the medicare deductibles and copays? If so, please ask for an appointment with the hospital’s social worker team

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)