We are 205,978 members in 81 forums discussing 148,910 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fundraising Opportunities for Breastcancer.org → Topic: May 11 Chicago fundraiser for metastatic breast cancer

Topic: May 11 Chicago fundraiser for metastatic breast cancer

Forum: Fundraising Opportunities for Breastcancer.org — Help support our organization, Breastcancer.org! Please note, this is NOT a forum for fundraising for other organizations.

Posted on: May 1, 2018 08:30PM

Espoir wrote:

Are you looking for a way to support breast cancer research? Please join us! The inaugural Chicago Metsquerade, a sit down dinner for 300, with silent and live auctions, music and dancing, will be held in Chicago May 11, 2018. All event proceeds will go to Metavivor, a charity that donates 100% of all funds raised to research for stage 4 breast cancer.

You can learn more about the event, purchase tickets or make a donation at Chicagomets.org The deadline for purchasing tickets is May 3. Please pm me (Espoir) with any questions.

A little background:

I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer in 2016. As I was doing my research, I was surprised to learn that up to 30 percent of early stage breast cancers (stages 0-3) will eventually progress to metastatic disease, but less than 5% of all funds raised in the name of breast cancer actually go towards researching this terminal stage of disease, stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. After finishing treatment, I decided to get involved with Metavivor (metavivor.org), a charity that donates 100% of all funds raised to research for stage 4 breast cancer.

I have met many amazing people through my experience, including Lianne Kraemer, a young woman currently battling stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. Lianne is organizing the Chicago Metsquerade, a formal fundraiser benefitting Metavivor. Metsquerade benefitting Metavivor has been held in Arkansas with great success the past two years. In 2018, Metsquerades will be held in four cities across the country, including Chicago.

Please feel free to share this information with anyone who might have an interest. Hope to see you May 11!

Chicagomets.org