Join Us

We are 216,717 members in 84 forums discussing 160,161 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: just got the call....Reclast #2, sooner than later

Forum: Bone Health and Bone Loss —

Talk with others about bone density, osteopenia and osteoporosis, and ways to keep your bones strong

Posted on: Sep 23, 2011 01:16PM

cookiegal wrote:

So to make a long story short, I had my first reclast about 15 months ago, and the results were good, really improving my bone density. I had to have a follow up blood-test, and I just got the call that I have to get the treatment again, sooner rather than later. 

sigh 

You deserve a cookie!

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Sep 23, 2011 02:11PM susand wrote:

Hi cookiegal!  Why do you have to get the reclast sooner?  Weren't they considering letting you skip a year?  I am curious since I am also hoping not to have another infusion right at the 12 month marker. I am not sold on this drug and keep hoping for an alternative.  I hope this time goes as well for you if not better than last.  I loved your advice about stocking up on movies and water. 

Sep 23, 2011 02:24PM cookiegal wrote:

I had a blood test that honestly I don't completely understand, and it is a little higher than normal. So it will be more like a year and a half than 2 years. My density is still much improved. I kinda think it's overkill, but my onc loves this endocrinologist. Doing it in Dec.

You deserve a cookie!

Sep 23, 2011 02:45PM susand wrote:

Thanks.  Keep us posted.  I am always trying to find out as much info on osteo as possible!  I am glad your bone desity looks good.  All the best for #2.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)