Join Us

We are 218,036 members in 84 forums discussing 160,860 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Informative, detailed article on bone loss and its management.

Forum: Bone Health and Bone Loss —

Talk with others about bone density, osteopenia and osteoporosis, and ways to keep your bones strong

Posted on: Jan 3, 2015 04:52AM

Momine wrote:

This has probably been posted before, but I just found it elsewhere and thought it was really useful. It gives clear, but detailed, info on risk, types of osteoporosis, specific tests to assess bone turnover and regeneration etc. It answered many questions that I have tried to get answers to for a while now.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2827823/

Dx 6/1/2011, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 7/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/20/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/13/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 1/9/2012 Surgery 3/8/2012 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jan 3, 2015 07:59AM doxie wrote:

Thank you, Momine. This is a very informative article.

Dx 8/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/1/2011 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Radiation Therapy Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jan 4, 2015 03:22PM Musical wrote:

Thanks Momine. The link didn't work for me, but just pasting it in the addy bar did. Some great info in there, but some a bit technical for me to understand. There were some mentions there in relation to cancer tx's (chemotherapy) but I didn't see anything to do with AI's, unless it's referred to with a tech name. I did see a mention that bone changes are very slow, so perhaps that's ties in with only needing BDS's biannually.
Psa 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (KJV)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)