Join Us

We are 218,144 members in 84 forums discussing 160,921 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Just wow- broken and dislocated ankle

Forum: Bone Health and Bone Loss —

Talk with others about bone density, osteopenia and osteoporosis, and ways to keep your bones strong

Posted on: Mar 23, 2016 09:22AM

brandyrose wrote:

Four days ago I was at a barbeque at a friends cabin up a ski hill, and I was walking from the outside of the cabin to the campfire, slipped on some snow when ice and found and could not get back up. I could not put any weight on my foot and I end up going down from the ski mountain to emergency in the hospital that night that was not really a lot of fun then they did x-rays on my foot and determined that I had broken my ankle in three places as well as dislocating it.

I had to have surgery on it that night and then stay in the hospital for three days after that recovering . The thing that shocked me is that I had never had broken bones before and it wasn't really until after I did research but I realize that there was a strong correlation between breast cancer treatment and loss of bone health.

Anyways, this means more time off work, loss of income, and pain.. I'm so frustrated.

Brandy

"Courage means being scared to death but saddling up anyways." -John Wayne Dx 6/23/2014, DCIS, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/18 nodes Surgery 7/8/2014 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Surgery 8/13/2014 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 9/29/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 2/26/2015 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Apr 2, 2016 03:46PM conniehar wrote:

So sorry to hear about your ankle! Have you had a DEXA scan to determine if this was just a freak accident or if you do have bone loss? Sending good thoughts that you heal quickly!

Connie Dx 3/7/2007, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)