Join Us

We are 218,658 members in 84 forums discussing 161,163 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: algaecal + Strontium boost: opinions?

Forum: Bone Health and Bone Loss —

Talk with others about bone density, osteopenia and osteoporosis, and ways to keep your bones strong

Posted on: May 22, 2017 09:38AM

peggy_j wrote:

To reduce one loss,one DDS know recommended AlgaeCal (2 tablets at breakfast and lunch) and Strontium Boost (Strontium Citrate, 2 tablets at dinner.) Has anyone heard of these products and/or have an opinion?

Here's the company's website:

https://www.algaecal.com/research/#Osteo-Study

Dx 2/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Oct 24, 2019 10:06AM bennybear wrote:

Bump. I am curious too

Dx 3/25/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/6/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 27, 2019 04:31AM Hwaz911 wrote:

I started this in July and I’m hoping to have a bone density increase for the first time in many years, before my next test. The AI has given me osteoporosis and they recommend a biphosphonate because I am in my 50s. I am highly opposed to taking another medication with side effects so algae CAL says they have great results. I pray it works.

Dec 17, 2019 06:06AM Indianarose wrote:

I have been reading up on this also and am considering starting this. One Prolia injections was enough for me. So much leg hip and joint pain and can't sleep at night due to pain. Would love to hear of anyone taking this or anything natural.

Nov 19, 2020 10:38AM MarciaM wrote:

hi Peggy

I had a brief experiment with algae CAL and strontium. Both times I attempted to take strontium I ended up in the ER with a possible clot that they couldn’t find strontium can clot the blood. If you’re going to take it I suggest using an aspirin I had to scary events with us and I decided it must be the strontium so I quit strontium I understand it’s very healthy for bones but it can bring up in rare cases a blood clot. Now I’m taking a generic Avista and it made me very constipated for a long time but I’ve upped my magnesium and I’m tolerating it well now I have severe osteoporosis and I’ve got auto immune disease and I’m afraid of the pro Leah shot. I prefer to stick with natural remedy. Strontium has side effects !

Thank you 🙏

Marcia M

Marcia M Hormonal Therapy 5/19/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 10/26/2010, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR- Dx 10/27/2010, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/3/2010 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2011 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 5/14/2011 Breast, Lymph nodes

Nov 19, 2020 10:40AM MarciaM wrote:

So I wanted to reply to your post about taking an AL and supplementing with the biz phosphonate. I took bisphosphonates for 15 years I’ve been on actinelL for eight years and I finally weaned myself off. I had absolutely zero response to act now or its derivatives. Just a heads up that it may not be worth taking because it doesn’t rebuild bone

Marcia M Hormonal Therapy 5/19/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 10/26/2010, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR- Dx 10/27/2010, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/3/2010 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2011 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 5/14/2011 Breast, Lymph nodes

Nov 20, 2020 12:41PM ThreeTree wrote:

I really don't know a lot about the subject at all, but some months back I did google and read about strontium, AlgaeCal, etc. What I was surprised to read is that strontium is apparently very chemically similar to calcium, but not exactly (I'm no science person). What I read suggested that strontium will fill in the calcium deficits in your bones, but since it is not truly chemically the same, it doesn't really do the job, and that fractures can still definitely occur. I also read in one place that strontium can "fool" a dexa scan, and make it look as if you have good bone density, but you really don't, because again, strontium while similar, is not calcium. My reading lead me to believe that strontium mimics calcium to a point, but does not provide the actual strength and density that is needed. I don't know anything about how the algae affects all of this.

I don't have links; this is all just from some cursory googling I did early this year, but if you google around and read a bit, I think it will help you make a decision.

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)