Join Us

We are 216,296 members in 84 forums discussing 160,162 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My bone density is worse than my 70 year old mother's.

Forum: Bone Health and Bone Loss —

Talk with others about bone density, osteopenia and osteoporosis, and ways to keep your bones strong

Posted on: Feb 21, 2020 02:18PM

WC3 wrote:

My mother, who has had a diagnosis of osteoporosis since the age of 47, has broken multiple ribs coughing, has multiple compression fractures in her spine, has a rod in her wrist from falling on carpet, and a rod in her leg from her tibia snapping after she slipped, and who has also broken her pelvis and shattered her shoulder just got her DEXA scan back and her bone density is 5 times better than mine.

I'm shocked. Here I was thinking she was the frail one, shoeing her away from lifting packs of bottled water and it turns out I'm the frail one!

Dx 2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 6/1/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant