Topic: Alternative Treatment

Forum: Alternative Medicine — This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Aug 8, 2011 07:32AM

Posted on: Aug 8, 2011 07:32AM

dougbrimor wrote:

Has anyone used alternative treatments such as Lorriane Day, Chris Beat Cancer, The Hallelujah Diet and skipped the cookie cutter 6 weeks of radiation and five years of Tamoifen?  I am so confused , even the 2011 cancer book that the radaition department gave me in my red folder states that radiation can cause a second cancer, that they are working on improving these satatics.  I read the whole book cover to cover and was just blown away by what they are admitting of these chemicals.  Anyway, would like to know if anyone else is swinging on this bridge?  Thanks

Dx 7/18/2011, <1cm, Stage I, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 10 of 185 (1,846 results)

Mar 17, 2012 08:20AM luv_gardening wrote:

Eve, thanks for the vote of confidence. I've been off here for awhile but have come on to follow your progress.  You've had such a trying time.  It's good to see you working out treatments on your terms.  I'm sure that a sense of empowerment is important in recovery and I'm hoping you can one day put these treatments behind you and give your time and attention to living your life and enjoying your loved ones.

Hi Kaara, Thanks for lending your support.  I wish we could all reach out through the screen and share hugs and chats over a nice drink of tea, coffee or herbs. 

Dx 7/2/2009, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 9/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 17, 2012 03:35PM Luna5 wrote:

JoyLiesWithin ... I agree with you ... surgery was an easy choice vs chemicals and continued follow-up.  I probably did overkill with the Hysty/ooph but the thought of more scans ... (yes, I know cancer can happen in the areas that used to have parts but then I would just consider myself mega unlucky)  I think ... if you can cut it out - cut it out.  The big decisions are what additional treatments/supplements you want. 

These threads have taught me that there is no one protocol.  Even with mainstream medicine re: statins ... no holistic doc including my dog's holistic vet would ever think you should take statins ... yet mainstream docs including my daughter think if you have high LDL you should be on a statin.

Soooooo breast cancer docs are even more "all over the map".  My oncologist wanted me to do chemo and not do OncotypeDX.  Others on here from all over the world have oncologists who think they should not do chemo with much higher OncotypeDX scores than I had.

Unfortunately, there is no one right answer.  But, I personally have chosen surgeries and supplements and total change in food, liquids, exposures, etc. over chemicals.

Bi-Lat Mast, Hysty/Ooph, OncoType DX 0, No Tamox, No AIs,No Chemo, No Rads, We can all make informed choices without making the same choices. Dx 4/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 17, 2012 04:39PM abigail48 wrote:

joy, thnka for your concern.  I have no primary care physician or surgeon, I don't do allopathy.  I'll be 75 the end of may, knew nothing about all this when the evidence began, I expected to be dead before the date set a year family reunion, lo!  I'm okay almost 7 months from then, 48 years since I got the cysts from 1st type mexican estrogen.

Mar 17, 2012 04:45PM abigail48 wrote:

in my favoriet weeky newspaper, the ava, there was an obit last week about a youn (40ies) woman who had sergery, radiation, chemo, was "okay" for 5 years then "it" returned & she was dead that year.  must be very uncomfortable to have it return after a mastectomy, for instance.  I'd like to see if I can best that wdoman't record without torture therapy, but in 5 years I'll be 80.  & with sergery I couldn't work.  I'm a painter, do to a long story I was unable to work for 10 recent years & just got back to it in 2010.  have 11 new oils!!

Mar 17, 2012 04:52PM Kaara wrote:

abigale48:  In the end we have to do what we think in our hearts is best for us.  I wish you all the best.  Sending prayers and healing energy!

Kaara Dx 11/14/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 17, 2012 04:52PM sweetbean wrote:

Abigail, 

It sounds like your mind is made up, but if you don't have reconstruction, you'll be back to painting in a week.  (Reconstruction is the really painful part, most ladies say the mastectomy was not that bad.)

I don't know what your stage is, but I knew a Stage 1 woman who tried to get rid of her cancer without surgery and just using alternative methods.  Within 6 months, she was Stage IV.  She died in March 2011 at the age of 51. 

Dx 11/18/2010, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 2/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+,

Mar 17, 2012 06:31PM abigail48 wrote:

that will certainly help, kaara!!

I wouldn't be back to work in a week if my arm swelled.

I have no idea of the stage, jethro kloss said, I recently re-read him, he thought cancer spreads everywhere long before it's detected

Mar 17, 2012 06:43PM Ruby- wrote:

Hi Abigail, 11 new oils, that's very impressive ! My prayers and thoughts are with you also.  

Does anyone know whether this is a myth or not ? I've always heard that when they open you up, contact between the cancer and the air makes it spread like wildfire.  Am gonna start googling to see if I can find anything.

“The cell’s intracellular cytoplasmic sea is an ocean of symphonic motion awash with incomprehensible complexity.” Howes, M.D., Ph.D Dx 2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 17, 2012 06:50PM abigail48 wrote:

healing thoughts from me to kaara & maud also.

I've been thinking sulfur cream.  googled it:  dmso was mentioned.  dm is mint I think.  sulfur gream might irritate more.  my not very good apricot kernal cream helps a lot when I feel discomfort, usually when a weather frofnt is comming in.

Mar 17, 2012 06:52PM abigail48 wrote:

we're all. everyone, is fighting, posponing death all our lives.  it's not as if we can evoid it.  we can do what we think sensible for our own situation, & live well as long as possible

Page 10 of 185 (1,846 results)

Scroll to top button