Topic: Alternative Treatment

Forum: Alternative Medicine — This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Aug 8, 2011 07:32AM

Posted on: Aug 8, 2011 07:32AM

dougbrimor wrote:

Has anyone used alternative treatments such as Lorriane Day, Chris Beat Cancer, The Hallelujah Diet and skipped the cookie cutter 6 weeks of radiation and five years of Tamoifen?  I am so confused , even the 2011 cancer book that the radaition department gave me in my red folder states that radiation can cause a second cancer, that they are working on improving these satatics.  I read the whole book cover to cover and was just blown away by what they are admitting of these chemicals.  Anyway, would like to know if anyone else is swinging on this bridge?  Thanks

Dx 7/18/2011, <1cm, Stage I, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 4 of 185 (1,846 results)

Oct 24, 2011 08:07AM ShelMel wrote:

I'm so glad I found this thread. I've been reconsidering taking Tamoxifen for a few weeks now. I started taking Tamoxifen in May 2011 and since then, my triglycerides and cholesterol has gone sky high and I just had an abnormal pap. I have an appointment with a gyno tomorrow to do another pap and they're talking about scraping my uterus since Tamoxifen can cause uterine cancer. I also found out that Tamoxifen can cause high cholesterol and triglyceride numbers.

My onc offered me the option to have a hysterectomy before I started taking the Tamoxifen, even though I caught my BC early, but I had just turned 40 years old, I had already had surgeries, chemo and rads and I just couldn't handle the thought of yet another surgery. 

I'll be checking out all these links. Many blessings to all of you! 

::::Life, Love, Hope, LIVE :::: mets to lungs, chest wall, sternum, liver, spleen, L5 spine Surgery 9/26/2010 Lumpectomy: Right Dx 9/27/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 12/1/2010 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 3/9/2011 Breast Hormonal Therapy 4/30/2011 Surgery 8/23/2012 Prophylactic ovary removal Dx 10/30/2012, IDC, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/17/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy 1/3/2013 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil) Chemotherapy 5/14/2013 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 7/15/2013 Halaven (eribulin)

Oct 24, 2011 02:57PM Kaara wrote:

Beeb75:  That's an interesting study.  I'm wondering, and I am certain it wasn't done, but of the women who did not take tamixofen, how many were using alternative metods of treatment such as diet and supplementation?

If one is not going to go the route of conventional therapy, then it is imperative that diet and supplements that rid the body of cancer or prevent it from growing be researched and followed.  If you want to avoid the SE's from drugs, then you have to utilize other options to keep cancer at bay IMO. 

Kaara Dx 11/14/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 14, 2011 11:07AM Right2Live wrote:

This Post has been removed by the Community.

Dec 14, 2011 12:21PM Right2Live wrote:

I wish it was easier to pass on important alternative therapy information to people......sigh

Dec 14, 2011 06:19PM dougbrimor wrote:

Was notified that there were new post, logged on and found that they had been removed, what is that all about? 

Dx 7/18/2011, <1cm, Stage I, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 14, 2011 07:21PM Rosieo wrote:

Hi everyone

Here is a little fact on Tamoxifen.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer 15 years ago.  Because I had many radiation treatments about 15 years before that (the radiation was for Hodgkins) my Dr said I could not take radiation for the bc, so the mastectomy.  It was stage 1 and I did not need chemo but the oncologist did give me Tamoxifen.  I took it for 5 years with no problems.  Now this past year I was diagnosed again on my other breast with a new breast cancer.  Stage 1 ER+Pr+ no lymph node involvement, clear margins.  Another mastectomy.  Back to oncologist.  First words out of his mouth CHEMO  I said oh no, I didn't have to take it last time and it is the same diagnosis as last time, why would I have to take it now!!  He said, they didn't give it back then for this diagnosis!!!!  Well then I asked for an oncotype dx test.  It came back 1(one)  So he said " no need for chemo" but take Arimidex.  Which I have only taken now for three months. 

But I guess I would like to ask you ladies because I know you are well read.  Why do you think the dr. is giving me arimidex.  I have no more breasts and I am 75 years old.  How much estrogen can I have  If any one has any kind of answer I would appreciate

Dec 17, 2011 03:56PM impositive wrote:

Rosieo, You might try posting that question in the "Early Stage Natural Girls" in the "alternative Forum".  I think you'll get a response there.

Jan 1, 2012 10:16PM Luna5 wrote:

Rosieo  seems stupid to me  for a doc to give you an AI to lower your estrone and estradiol if you don't know what your levels are.  Why not have your estrone and estradiol checked?  While you are at it, also check you progesterone and testosterone.  You need a little testosterone for you brain and other things and you definitely need at least 1.7 progesterone for your body to be able to kill off bad cells.  And of course only use bio identical if you supplement from a reputable compounding pharmacist.

Bi-Lat Mast, Hysty/Ooph, OncoType DX 0, No Tamox, No AIs,No Chemo, No Rads, We can all make informed choices without making the same choices. Dx 4/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 1, 2012 08:29PM sunspark wrote:

I read an article about science finding an ancient mummy that suffered from cancer. Upon mentioning this to a friend of mine, he replied that, "Yes, that it is true, some people did have cancer long ago, but only those people who chose not to go to an alchemist". When I expressed disbelief about his statement, he replied that long ago, alchemists were able to cure people of all forms of diseases by using alchemy. Then, he rapidly listed names and dates. He seemed quite knowledgeable and genuine.Thought this to be quite interesting.

Feb 1, 2012 10:17PM sweetbean wrote:

Alchemy?  The process of turning lead to gold?

People weren't being cured of cancer back then, they died.  Probably fewer people got cancer, due to a variety of factors (including the increased risk of dying from something else), but people weren't surviving it.

Dx 11/18/2010, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 2/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+,

Page 4 of 185 (1,846 results)

Scroll to top button