Topic: Alternative Treatment

Forum: Alternative Medicine — This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Aug 8, 2011 10:32AM

Posted on: Aug 8, 2011 10:32AM

dougbrimor wrote:

Has anyone used alternative treatments such as Lorriane Day, Chris Beat Cancer, The Hallelujah Diet and skipped the cookie cutter 6 weeks of radiation and five years of Tamoifen?  I am so confused , even the 2011 cancer book that the radaition department gave me in my red folder states that radiation can cause a second cancer, that they are working on improving these satatics.  I read the whole book cover to cover and was just blown away by what they are admitting of these chemicals.  Anyway, would like to know if anyone else is swinging on this bridge?  Thanks

Dx 7/18/2011, <1cm, Stage I, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 6 of 185 (1,846 results)

Feb 3, 2012 03:24PM sweetbean wrote:

seriously.  i apologize for the snarkiness, but I am all hopped up on pain meds from my exchange yesterday.  i agree with rosemary - if alchemy worked, those dudes would be rich.

Dx 11/18/2010, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 2/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+,

Feb 3, 2012 03:27PM thenewme wrote:

Meh, Rosemary - you'd probably have to sign up for a  "must see" youtube video or something, forever subjecting yourself to spammy emails inviting you to join their inner circle of fabulously rich alchemists or something.

Dx 11/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Feb 3, 2012 04:11PM rosemary-b wrote:

thenewme

You are such a cynic...but you have a point.

Dx 2/25/2007, IDC, Stage I, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Feb 3, 2012 05:01PM thenewme wrote:

LOL! Reading the stuff some people post around here, it's hard not to be cynical.  

Who knows, though?  Maybe Sunspark's friend will come here and show us all the magic alchemic cure free of charge just because he's that kind of guy.  

Dx 11/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Feb 3, 2012 07:01PM Wabbit wrote:

Hello ladies ... it just so happens that I know Alchemy and can turn lead into gold quite quickly.  For a small sum ... well relatively small in return for a cure ... I will share my secret with you.  Just let me know if you want more info.

OK ... before thenewme outs me ...  my Alchemy is really a computer puzzle game :)  But still ... you never know.  I'm going to start playing again tonight.

Dx 3/2006, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 3, 2012 08:05PM 1Athena1 wrote:

I am doing a Hard Sudoku Puzzle tonight. Maybe it will show me the way wabbit - lol!

Anyone diagnosed with cancer should learn to have a healthy disrespect for statistics. Statistics are maths. It's the science which still eludes us. Dx 3/2009, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/8 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 5, 2012 07:45AM abigail48 wrote:

I posted when I first joined this site, & havn't been able to find it, or a post where someone gave a site for alternate treatments, I wonder if the deleted posts are such, cancer is a billion dollar industry for the allopaths & perhaps that;s the reason for the deletions:  it makes one think so anyway, & whatever the reason it shows disrespect for the posters & the search for information for all of us

Feb 5, 2012 09:14AM - edited Feb 5, 2012 09:16AM by apple

the search function is excellent here Abigail.. you might try a different word combination and search within the forum you are in now.. 'The Forum:  Alternative Treatment:.   I'd help but I don't know exactly what you are looking for.   put your own threads in 'favorites' and if you click on your own name, your posting history will pop up.  Good luck.

I'm sure someone will help.

peace and love, apple - ..... Mary Magdalen Dx 4/10/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 4/9 nodes, mets, ER+, HER2+

Feb 5, 2012 09:23AM sunspark wrote:

On a historical note, I have heard that alchemists did try to pay off the Roman emperor, but who then got greedy, captured the alchemists, forced many to make gold for him (so he could pay off mercenary armies protecting the Roman empire's borders), killed off alchemists who wouldn't make gold for him. Special colloidal waters were part of ancient Egyptian practice during that time-period. The remaining alchemists went underground and saved techniques over generations - passing it father to son, mother to daughter, and so on.
On a more current note, I just saw a very recent article in the UK Daily News on the healing properties of silver in a study done at the University of Leeds. It is entitled: "Silver bullet for cancer: Metal can kill some tumours better than chemotherapy with fewer side effects". Now this I would call alchemy and perhaps there are modern day alchemists.

Feb 5, 2012 09:38AM - edited Feb 5, 2012 11:26AM by exbrnxgrl

I truly respect everyone's beliefs and opinions and don't visit this thread often because I use conventional therapy combined with exercise, nutritional support and some supplements but...alchemy ? Really? Given the current price of gold, those alchemists should be very rich by now. No intent to insult or put down but this just seems too much like snake oil.
Caryn

Page 6 of 185 (1,846 results)

Scroll to top button