Join Us

We are 224,367 members in 83 forums discussing 163,513 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Alternative Treatment

Forum: Alternative Medicine —

This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Aug 8, 2011 10:32AM

dougbrimor wrote:

Has anyone used alternative treatments such as Lorriane Day, Chris Beat Cancer, The Hallelujah Diet and skipped the cookie cutter 6 weeks of radiation and five years of Tamoifen?  I am so confused , even the 2011 cancer book that the radaition department gave me in my red folder states that radiation can cause a second cancer, that they are working on improving these satatics.  I read the whole book cover to cover and was just blown away by what they are admitting of these chemicals.  Anyway, would like to know if anyone else is swinging on this bridge?  Thanks

Dx 7/18/2011, <1cm, Stage I, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 62 of 62 (1,846 results)

Posts 1831 - 1846 (1,846 total)

Jan 25, 2013 07:09PM geewhiz wrote:

Essa, do you mind sharing a source for laetrile you are comfortable with? I spent some time googling and its hard to tell who to trust out there!

Jan 26, 2013 11:57PM abigail48 wrote:

& how do you shell apricot seeds if you want to go that way for laitrile?..........the rash from the cinnemon bark oil, indonesia variety, is about gone:  I plan to try & put it in a glass ashtray & apply it to the hard non-crusty half of the cyst, the part that appeared 2nd, with a q tip so perhaps no rash will develope

Jan 27, 2013 07:16AM NattyOnFrostyLake wrote:

Hello Abigail, Hi Essa and every body! I haven't been here in a while and wanted to pop in!

There was some audio about using apricot pits on the web by a doctor. My friend gets organic apricots, takes off the fruit part, and then breaks open the pit with a hammer. She does this outside. The seed will emerge about 1/3 the size of the pit. You can pulverize it so you get every bit of nutrient.

My friend does this once in a while and has mentioned that AIDS patients use this treatment also. I can't find organic apricots where I live and I don't know whether the actual pits are available anymore but they were when I was first diagnosed. I took six a day.

Good luck to all!

Jan 27, 2013 07:51AM purple32 wrote:

RE: BREAST BLEND

http://www.dreliaz.org/recommended-product/for-breast-cancer/

Do any of you take this ?
It is being touted for use for triple negatives ( FEB 2013 Prevention mag) as a Medical breakthrough.

Claims that it supresses Triple Negative cancer and also reduces spread to lungs by 70%. I know it contains DIM, as well as other ingredients.

Pls do your own careful/thorough research.

Hope this helps someone !

BILAT LE! from 5.12.12.LX DX 3/2012 IDC <1 cm stage 1 GR 1 ( 0/2 nodes) ER PR pos HER2- RECURRENCE same breast Jan 2020 LX FEB 2020 . NO rads or hormones. Dx 3/2012, IDC, Left, <1cm, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 5/1/2012 Lumpectomy: Left

Jan 27, 2013 07:52AM - edited Jan 27, 2013 01:42PM by purple32

Just read in PREVENTION FEB 2013.  Dr Andrew Weil claims the white button mushrooms are the least useful of all.

BILAT LE! from 5.12.12.LX DX 3/2012 IDC <1 cm stage 1 GR 1 ( 0/2 nodes) ER PR pos HER2- RECURRENCE same breast Jan 2020 LX FEB 2020 . NO rads or hormones. Dx 3/2012, IDC, Left, <1cm, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 5/1/2012 Lumpectomy: Left

Jan 27, 2013 11:28AM abigail48 wrote:

I've been looking for the mushroom of imortality since I learned what reike mushroom was.  I harvested one here, the mice ate the soft part & I may have thrown the rest away before I knew.  can't find it anyway.

I tried the apricot pits with a hammar, perhaps not well enough.  I guess a vice would do it, but I don't have one.  vices are good to open blackwalnuts & butternuts

Jan 28, 2013 09:02AM HLB wrote:

Good to see you Abigail. I have been saving all of my apricot pits. Just in case :-)

Dx 10/2004, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/29/2004 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Surgery 11/29/2004 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 1/1/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 9/14/2005 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 7/22/2012 Femara (letrozole) Dx 7/23/2012, IDC, Stage IV Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Jan 30, 2013 05:05PM - edited Jan 31, 2013 12:32PM by Bluebird-DE

Apricot pits - you need bitter apricot KERNELS - edited to add the 'kernels' are inside the pits.  I order through Apricot Power, organic and bitter... ordered by the pound,  already exposed and dried.  You can get the same nutrients through organic millet, you are after Vitamin B17.  Just do a bco search for other foods, i wrote a list somewhere on here.

Laetrile is the synthetic I think.  I use the tablet that is pure bitter apricot ground and high strength, but I often call it Laetrile, sorry to confuse you and me too. What I order all the time is from Mexico through Amazon.  I will do a search.  You have to go low, build up with these, they made me very ill.  Read a lot about them, do a search on this site essa laetrile or essa apricot kernels or essa b17, do all to read everything I have shared on it, the pitfalls and the positive for you.  Let my mistakes be your guidance, please.

These links do not have an Amazon affiliate code in them, I wouldn't do that on here.

100 mg Amygdalin  Novodalin

500 mg Amygdalin Novodalin

On the page you will see 2# and 1#bags of raw bitter apricot, unsprayed too, kernels from Apricot Power.  I also love their little snack bags w raw bitter apricot kernels.

Right now I am taking 6 kernels 5x a day, no tablets. 

A rule I was told by many is do not confuse the body. 

Hubby is coming up drive and now we will make dinner.  Soon!

Questions, send me a private message, I will see it sooner.

LOVEEssa

"Every mistake I have made has proven to be invaluable information for someone. Namely, me." Me. Diane Dx 7/15/2011, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs/other, Grade 3, 3/11 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/4/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Radiation Therapy External: Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Left

Feb 1, 2013 12:34PM abigail48 wrote:

extremely informative & interesting:  years ago now gary talked about his breakfast:  he ate millet & juiced organic strawberries, & added the juice & pulp.  I've always thought of millet as a main dish, but may try this, strawberry season comming up

Feb 7, 2013 09:13PM Sherryc wrote:

Essa thanks for the comments and Purple thanks for the link to the breast formula.  I will pass that on to my DIL.  Interesting that I have been taking Astragalas for a about 1 1/2 years.  Ran across it in my research and it is suppose to be so good for your immunie system and building white blood cells.  My WBC has always been low and it is now 6.5 and I have not been sick like I used to get.

Sherry--lump left breast 9/30/10. No chemo, Zometa-6tx over 3 years.Oncotype score 23 with 14% recurrence rate. 34 rads. No family history, BRCA neg. 48 years old @ diagn. BMX/TE 3/26/2012, Exchange surgery 8/21/12, Revision surgery 11/27/12 Surgery 5/11/1997 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 9/27/2010, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 9/29/2010 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 12/2/2010 Hormonal Therapy 2/6/2011 Surgery 11/2/2011 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 3/25/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 8/20/2012 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 11/26/2012 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Feb 8, 2013 09:55AM NattyOnFrostyLake wrote:

Sherry,

My Traditional Chinese Medicine doc recommends Astralgus too. But he recommends taking breaks from it to strengthen the immune system. He says it works better that way.

Congratulations on your success with your WBC!

Feb 8, 2013 10:00AM NattyOnFrostyLake wrote:

I'm really cutting down on the carbs. Very few grains, no fruit juice. I eat only whole fruits only occasionally. With the exception of low glycemic berries which I eat about three times a week.

The insulin connection to breast cancer has been proven. That's why so many are taking Metformin.

Feb 8, 2013 10:23AM abigail48 wrote:

2 days ago gary commented that the very best honey was called by australians jelly berry honey, that it was an excellent topical antibiotic.  he also mentioned that as ewll as juicing apples to juice their leaves

Feb 8, 2013 08:07PM HLB wrote:

I have read so many wonderful things about honey! Its antibiotic properties is one of them. I use it as a facial mask once in awhile. Just smear on your face and leave it there for 30 min. Rinse with warm water. The skin is so soft and moisurized, you done even need any moisuruzer afterwards. I think I will go do that now since you gave me the idea. Just had a long foot soak in epsom salts since this weather has my feet feeling like lizards. May as well make it a spa night!

Dx 10/2004, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/29/2004 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Surgery 11/29/2004 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 1/1/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 9/14/2005 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 7/22/2012 Femara (letrozole) Dx 7/23/2012, IDC, Stage IV Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Feb 8, 2013 08:13PM HLB wrote:

Oh, and that reminds me of the book Vermont Folk Medicine by DeForest Jarvis. Its a wonderful interesting book written in 1958 all about honey and apple cider vinegar.

Jan 16, 2014 09:42AM - edited Nov 28, 2018 07:23AM by Moderators

This Post was deleted by Moderators.

Page 62 of 62 (1,846 results)