Topic: Alternative Treatment

Forum: Alternative Medicine — This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Aug 8, 2011 07:32AM

Posted on: Aug 8, 2011 07:32AM

dougbrimor wrote:

Has anyone used alternative treatments such as Lorriane Day, Chris Beat Cancer, The Hallelujah Diet and skipped the cookie cutter 6 weeks of radiation and five years of Tamoifen?  I am so confused , even the 2011 cancer book that the radaition department gave me in my red folder states that radiation can cause a second cancer, that they are working on improving these satatics.  I read the whole book cover to cover and was just blown away by what they are admitting of these chemicals.  Anyway, would like to know if anyone else is swinging on this bridge?  Thanks

Dx 7/18/2011, <1cm, Stage I, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 8 of 185 (1,846 results)

Feb 24, 2012 07:59AM - edited Feb 24, 2012 08:06AM by Ruby-

Newton the Alchemist

Sir Isaac Newton, the famous seventeenth-century mathematician and scientist, though not generally known as an alchemist, practiced the art with a passion....most scholars now concede that Newton was first an foremost an alchemist. It is also becoming obvious that the inspiration for Newton's laws of light and theory of gravity came from his alchemical work.

The revered founder of modern science and the mechanistic universe -- also ranks as one of the greatest spiritual alchemists of all time.  

www.alchemylab.com/isaac_newto... the Alchemist 

The Dibner Library of the History of Science and Technology, Smithsonian Institution Libraries

http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/newton/mss/norm/ALCH00081

No comment 

“The cell’s intracellular cytoplasmic sea is an ocean of symphonic motion awash with incomprehensible complexity.” Howes, M.D., Ph.D Dx 2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 24, 2012 10:41AM Black-cat wrote:

Maud,

What point are you trying to make with the Newton post  and how does it pertain to this forum? You copied and pasted this information and than wrote no comment.  It makes no sense to me.

"It is impossible to reason someone out of something that he did not reason Dx 7/24/2009, IBC, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 24, 2012 02:16PM Ruby- wrote:

Well, I hear the distinguished Sir Isaac Newton turning over in his grave, so I thought a little lesson in history would benefit quite a few posters on this alternative forum.

“The cell’s intracellular cytoplasmic sea is an ocean of symphonic motion awash with incomprehensible complexity.” Howes, M.D., Ph.D Dx 2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 24, 2012 06:44PM Black-cat wrote:

Why would Isaac Newton be turning in his grave?   What lesson is there to be learned on reading his biography?  How is learning about Isaac Newton going to be benefiting members of BCO and which posters on the alternative forum need this benefit?

"It is impossible to reason someone out of something that he did not reason Dx 7/24/2009, IBC, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 25, 2012 02:24PM Ruby- wrote:

By what authority am I being asked to justify my post ?

Feb 25, 2012 05:02PM Ang7 wrote:

How I read it was that she was asking you what your post is all about not asking you to justify it...

Very pleased Penguin Cold Cap user Dx 5/25/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/4 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Feb 25, 2012 05:24PM Kaara wrote:

The subject of alchemy was discussed several pages back and this was simply a comment on those posts IMO!  Can we move on?

Kaara Dx 11/14/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 3, 2012 04:08PM abigail48 wrote:

homeopathy is a form of alchemy & is an alternate treatment.  there's a site I just found about the homeopathy alchemy, not as treatment, just as information (on a very quick read)

Mar 4, 2012 04:21AM abigail48 wrote:

reading more on this site this morning I see that they offer a form of gold.  gold apparently turns to sludge in the body & isn't absorbed, causes only trouble. the water info on the site could be good, but the gold offering makes me question the whole bit of info

Mar 10, 2012 04:48PM abigail48 wrote:

anyone try DMSO?  not an alternative, really, a chemical used in paper manufacturing, said to cure cancer, but also said to shrink brain as well as cancer.  a temptation not an alternate therapy I guess.

Page 8 of 185 (1,846 results)

Scroll to top button