Topic: Alternative Treatment

Forum: Alternative Medicine — This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Aug 8, 2011 07:32AM

Posted on: Aug 8, 2011 07:32AM

dougbrimor wrote:

Has anyone used alternative treatments such as Lorriane Day, Chris Beat Cancer, The Hallelujah Diet and skipped the cookie cutter 6 weeks of radiation and five years of Tamoifen?  I am so confused , even the 2011 cancer book that the radaition department gave me in my red folder states that radiation can cause a second cancer, that they are working on improving these satatics.  I read the whole book cover to cover and was just blown away by what they are admitting of these chemicals.  Anyway, would like to know if anyone else is swinging on this bridge?  Thanks

Dx 7/18/2011, <1cm, Stage I, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 9 of 185 (1,846 results)

Mar 10, 2012 06:07PM Bluebird-DE wrote:

I use DMSO for pain, in knees, perhaps a bee sting.  It helps whatever treatment to be absorbed more thoroughly, deeply.  It also does help pain.  I also use MSM for my protocols, again, making the treatments more viable, imo, and I prefer to hope of all hopes that this is working for me. 

The reason DMSO is only a solvent now in USA is that the trials that were proving it to be useful for so many health challenges were discontinued.  Recently, I read The Miracle of MSM: The Natural Solution for Pain. 

DMSO = MSM (15% of DMSO breakdown is MSM)

MSM is a metabolite of DMSO.  dimethyl sulfoxide

I will also be using it for LE, topically, starting this evening.  But up to now, I have been drinking some highly diliuted MSM water each day followed by other supplements in 15 minutes.

"Every mistake I have made has proven to be invaluable information for someone. Namely, me." Me. Diane Dx 7/15/2011, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs/other, Grade 3, 3/11 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/4/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Left Radiation Therapy External: Lymph nodes

Mar 11, 2012 09:14AM Ruby- wrote:

"anyone try DMSO? not an alternative, really, a chemical used in paper manufacturing, said to cure cancer, but also said to shrink brain as well as cancer. a temptation not an alternate therapy I guess"

Your source ? 

“The cell’s intracellular cytoplasmic sea is an ocean of symphonic motion awash with incomprehensible complexity.” Howes, M.D., Ph.D Dx 2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 16, 2012 10:18AM abigail48 wrote:

the helpful paer od cruciferous vegetables is sulfur

(dmSo)

My sourse about this stuff:  an aquaintance:  "you've never heard about dmso???I'm really surprised. "  (etc)

Mar 16, 2012 10:30AM abigail48 wrote:

the lorriane therapy according to an observer, is a modified gerson therapy.  I read the cancer cure rate, for all cancers I guess, is 3%.  I did a quick think:  of the 35 people I know or heard sof who had cancer, 3 were cureds,  2 breast cancer, both had mastectomies fairly early, & 1 lung cancer.  he used a modified gerson therapy, some years later began bleeding & so then had surgery.  he's fine 20+ years later.  the others, 35 are all deadsd.  different kinds of cancer, blood, stomach, breast (most those), pancreatic, have no idea of what therapy used

Mar 16, 2012 10:31AM abigail48 wrote:

that's about .99 0r 1% cure rate

Mar 16, 2012 10:42AM abigail48 wrote:

but that cure rate isn't 5 year survival, or whatever they call cure now, it's many many year survival & d

ead of something else or still living.  one of the women survived for more than 60 years afterwards.

Mar 16, 2012 10:43AM abigail48 wrote:

• but I'm not concidering surgery:  I'd die of fear.

Mar 17, 2012 12:13AM luv_gardening wrote:

Abigail, be aware when women say they've survived BC for a long time that they probably had an early stage which was surgically removed, or DCIS which can go away without any treatment.  They wouldn't have progressed anyway.

I don't know anyone on these alternative threads who would advise anyone not to have surgery at the very least.  Some women have sad tales to tell of how they had no surgery at first and used alternatives, then found they had mets due to their inaction.  If cancer grows through the skin that's a shocking and painful thing, worse than 100 operations. If it's near the chest wall then that also is a fatal situation if not removed.

You won't die of fear from an operation.  You will have help to get over your fears, just let your health care providers know.  Trust them, they want to help you.  Is there someone you can take along to appointments?  I'm worried about you.

Does the surgeon want to do a lumpectomy or a mastectomy?  I had a double mastectomy (BMX). Otherwise I'd have mets by now.  I didn't follow all their recommended treatments but I wanted the cancer removed as it sends out bad cells around the body if left there.

Dx 7/2/2009, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 9/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 17, 2012 12:37AM Hindsfeet wrote:

joyslieswithin...good to see you here. I've learned a lot from you and respect your balance & research.

Dx 6/13/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Mar 17, 2012 06:25AM Kaara wrote:

Abigail:  I second what JoyLiesWithin is saying.  Even the most ardent alternative professionals strongly suggest surgery, beause the body will have a much better chance of fighting off invading cells if the tumor is removed first; otherwise, the body has to work too hard to try and destroy the tumor.  If it can be removed, do it quickly.  Mine was quick and almost painless.

Kaara Dx 11/14/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 9 of 185 (1,846 results)

Scroll to top button