Join Us

We are 218,228 members in 84 forums discussing 160,960 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Laser/radiation therapy

Forum: Alternative Medicine —

This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Sep 20, 2011 06:53AM

tina98 wrote:

I have heard something about removing calcification and cancer cells with laser or some types of radiation. Is that true?

Apparently, the machine can produce some kind of light which kills the cancer cells without causing too much damage to the good cells. Does something like that really exist?

Dx 6/28/2011, DCIS, Stage 0

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Dec 31, 2011 05:10PM chef127 wrote:

Tina 98,

I cannot believe there are no posts here.

I had a very large BC tumor which required a mast. The surgery didn't bother me as much as the aggresiveness of the surgeons, so I did a little research.

I found a wonderful surgeon who has been using lasers to remove BC for over 20 years. I decided to use him. He did a partial MX, lased and scraped all leftover tissue and he got clear margins, My breast is smaller but my nipple is still there. The result is amazing. I even went out to lunch 2 hours after surgery. 

I'm sorry I just found your post. If you want any more info you can pm me. I'm 3-4 months late.

Hope this helps..................................Maureen

Dx 8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 1/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 1/3/2012 Breast

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)