Join Us

We are 218,228 members in 84 forums discussing 160,960 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: What happened to Princess123?

Forum: Alternative Medicine —

This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Jan 14, 2012 12:59PM

sweetbean wrote:

I looked her up and her last post referenced some sort of insulting thread about the Alt women?  Is that true?  Is there some sort of hidden thread where people are trashing us? Seriously, that would not be cool.  

Where did Princess123 go?  Is she posting on another board?  I really valued Princess123 and that'slife on this forum - they both were leading great discussions. 

Dx 11/18/2010, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 2/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH)

Page 1 of 1 (17 results)

Posts 1 - 17 (17 total)

Jan 14, 2012 01:14PM kiley56 wrote:

I don't know what happened, but I enjoyed and appreciated her thread as well.   Kiley

kiley

Jan 14, 2012 04:27PM Hindsfeet wrote:

I wish she was here as well. She and the others that have left sometime ago have a lot to offer. I am a part of the other alternative forum she is on. The other alternative rarely mentions bco, and it does not trash bco. It mostly addresses alternative treatments without naysayer comments. Thats it. Most of the members are also good contributing members of bco. A lot of alternative girls leave due to either feeling bullied for their alternative choices or tire of the constant battles on the alternative forum. The mods have tried to settle this problem by giving us our own alternative thread where we can discuss alternative treatment to conventional. I am staying here at bco with the hopes to make this alternative forum work.

There are a lot of great supportive threads here at bco. I've been helped and encouraged a lot by women who are both alternative and conventional.

Dx 6/13/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 14, 2012 04:45PM thats-life- wrote:

Hi Sweetbean, I was told that Princess asked to have her membership here removed. I just looked up her last comments too.....'Village idiots'?...how nice. I dont know what thread they are talking about, but i cant believe people are allowed to speak like that, with such disrespect for others, so unnecessary and uncalled for on a breast cancer forum.

I miss Princess and her informative, caring and enthusiastic input too. She did pm me to say goodbye, I tried to convince her to stay. I was not aware of an insulting thread, apart from the usual insulting found on threads that discuss diet, exercise, alternative treatments, research, and life philosophies.

I dont know how to continue my thread when the majority see it as  'blaming the victim for their cancer'. Not sure how to fix that perspective. A victim mentality is hard to overcome, if that is the perspective one chooses when coming to terms with their disease. It's sad really. I think we have lost a valuable contributor, another caring and informed woman driven away by insults from a select group of antagonists.

It is the opportunity to build what one loves into something permanent that makes this very difficult game worthwhile. mets skull, rib, hip, spine. Dx 8/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 14, 2012 04:53PM kiley56 wrote:

I find your thread helpful as well, thats life.  Thank You,  Kiley

kiley

Jan 14, 2012 04:55PM thats-life- wrote:

Reading princess' last posts, I saw suzieq's response of "that was code for something else"....

codes??

how embarrasing, and infantile.

I would be ashamed to belong to a secret club whose goal is to upset and insult other women. and here we are in our 30's 40's, 50's, 60's....

ridiculous.

It is the opportunity to build what one loves into something permanent that makes this very difficult game worthwhile. mets skull, rib, hip, spine. Dx 8/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 14, 2012 05:26PM sweetbean wrote:

Wow, that is really too bad.  I hate to think that people can't express their opinions freely on BCO.  That'slife, it's a bummer that people think your thread is about blaming us for getting cancer.  I find it just the opposite - very empowering to know that there are choices that we can make that can help us live longer, better lives.  I have personally seen Stage IV women do really, really well by making some of the choices that we talk about on that thread.   It's very inspiring.  

Of course, we don't want to blame anyone for getting cancer - I fall into that "I was really pretty healthy and I still got cancer" category. Every time someone explains to me that they won't get cancer because they put blueberries on their Fruit Loops, I want to knock them into next week. But it does my heart good to know that there is stuff we can do that can make a difference, whether it is in progression, prognosis, or quality of life.  

Jan 14, 2012 05:31PM - edited Jan 14, 2012 05:31PM by Hindsfeet

FYI I am a member of the other alternative website, and I know nothing about codes....I don't want anyone assuming on the other alternative site that there are codes used. Actually, negative statements will be deleted pertaining to people on the other site. It is for alternative information and discussion only. It is not meant to replace bco...it is not even a public website.

Jan 14, 2012 05:33PM Hindsfeet wrote:

thatslife has an awesome thread...I love reading it. She is one special stage IV lady, who has a lot of insight and information. I'm learning a lot from her!

Jan 14, 2012 08:30PM MariannaLaFrance wrote:

I miss Princess as well, but there are a lot of women who used to post here who have been driven away as well. We are all in a precarious state, since we don't need extra stress or emotional baggage in our lives. I've been tempted to leave as well, but have found such a wealth of knowledge here that I can't bear to leave it. I learn something new every single time I read this site, both from the conventional and unconventional treatment pages. 

If any of you ladies still browse the site, please come back. We miss your insights and knowledge. Don't let a few naysayers ruin this. 

Dx 1/26/2010, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 14, 2012 09:01PM suzieq60 wrote:

Seeing you bothered to mention me, the "code" for something else was in reference to a very nasty lot of women who have their own nasty thread on another website. They call us the Village Idiots and even have a thread called "Over there" where they make fun of posters on our friendship thread. They think we have code words for things - like brussel sprouts means something when it really doesn't, they just think it does. Princess wrote some very nasty things on that thread as evidenced by the removal of many of her posts. I also can't understand why such nastiness comes out here sometimes. I only want to help people - Eve you are one and That'sLife another. I'm not a nasty person at all. We all have had a life threatening disease and should be one in spite of our different ideas with regards to treatment.

2nd diagnosis October 2010 - IDC 5.8mm node negative - missed on mammogram in October 2009 Dx 10/13/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 14, 2012 09:31PM Hindsfeet wrote:

Eve you are one and That'sLife another. I'm not a nasty person at all. We all have had a life threatening disease and should be one in spite of our different ideas with regards to treatment.

I am really in the dark. I know nothing about a thread called the Villiage Idiots or codes for anything. Please tell me how I am one? I have NO idea what you are talking about.

Susie, I have no qualms with you. I don't find you a horrible person...passionate about your views, but not horrible. I'm not at war with anyone here at bco. There are a few women here at bco, whom don't seem to be fond of me. That's ok. I don't even hate them. I want nothing to do with any threads or group that harass others...not taking sides.  

Susie, I agree with you We all have had a life threatening disease and should be one in spite of our different ideas with regards to treatment. I hope this can happen here...I'm working toward peace with all of you. I hope it can happen.

Jan 14, 2012 10:09PM suzieq60 wrote:

Eve - I said "I only want to help people - Eve you are one and That'sLife another. I wasn't having a go at you at all - I was saying you are 2 people I want to help. I know you have trouble comprehending all of the scientific stuff and just try to help.

The whole Village Idiot thing is about another site where the women on there call the women on a certain BCO thread Village Idiots and they think we speak in code - which is totally weird.

2nd diagnosis October 2010 - IDC 5.8mm node negative - missed on mammogram in October 2009 Dx 10/13/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 14, 2012 10:13PM Hindsfeet wrote:

Susie, sorry I misunderstood. I perceived thatslife and I were said to be a part of the site Villiage Idiots...which again I know nothing about.

I appreciate that you care.

Jan 15, 2012 01:39AM thats-life- wrote:

Whoever called whoever whatever that caused whoever to say something in response etc etc...the end result is that bright women with important information on diet and alternative treatments have gone....and the group of friends (who have made it very hard for anyone here to discuss those things), are still here, ridiculing, taunting, calling out. I saw a post on your friend's thread suzieq that said '2 down, a few to go'...or something to that effect when princess left. Very sad approach to care and friendship in my opinion.

Jan 15, 2012 10:08AM sweetbean wrote:

These threads are on another site, not this one.  They are basically a bunch of ULTRA-CONSERVATIVES who spend their days trashing anything they perceive as liberal.  don't waste one more second worrying about their opinions.

Jan 15, 2012 10:32AM Kaara wrote:

If I want to be involved with people trashing others for their different viewpoints, I will go to Newsvine! 

Sometimes at Newsvine I will take peple on for their political views simply because it's fun and I enjoy the debate.  There is never any harm intended...just an expression of differing opinions.

BCO should be viewed as a site for comfort, friendship and education about bc.  All viewpoints should be respected and treated with value.  Those who elect to treat it otherwise and sink to bullying and name calling should simply be ignored.  Really, you can't start a fight in an empty room!

I was sorry to see princess leave as she was a valuable contributor.  

Kaara Dx 11/14/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 15, 2012 11:26AM Moderators wrote:

Just a reminder to please keep this civil and respectful.  Everyone here has a right to their opinions; if you do not agree with those opinions, there is always room for a healthy respectful debate. 

Thank you for continuing to maintain a respectful and peaceful atmosphere on the BCO boards.

The Mods 

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (17 results)