Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Root canals & breast cancer

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Member Posts: 7
edited December 2021 in Alternative Medicine

Let's take a poll: how many ladies have had root canal dental work and had breast cancer subsequently on the same side?

Comments

• theBCavenger
    theBCavenger Member Posts: 172
    edited April 2012
    Options

I have had several root canals so it would be hard to determine if there is a link in my case.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2012
    Options

Oops. There is an older thread already on this subject, even titled the same! There are a lot of posts about the connection between root canals and breast cancer. You may want to take a peek.

Norah

• luv_gardening
    luv_gardening Member Posts: 362
    edited May 2012
    Options

My root canals were in the opposite side to the BC. 

They also say that mercury in fillings causes chronic fatigue, yet I knew a young person with CFS for years and he didn't have a single filling in his mouth.

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2012
    Options

Will do. I totally believe in the root canal/breast cancer connection. If there weren't something to it, why did the ADA cover it up? The meridian tooth chart is so interesting.

Thank you,

Norah

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • 1WonderWoman
    1WonderWoman Member Posts: 1,796
    edited May 2012
    Options

Count me in! 2 root canals on the affected side. Kudos- clever thread ;)

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2012
    Options

I had a major root canal on the right, 3rd molar. Got breast cancer on the right side.. less than one year later, too.

As Deanna said in one of her posts on the other root canal thread (the older one I found) not everyone gets bc from a root canal, depends on your individual situation and health. It has been found that teeth that are not clean and harbor lots of bacteria can lead to heart disease, even endocarditis. I don't find it a huge leap to extrapolate that a chronic bacteria from an abcessed tooth or teeth that is sealed up in a root canal procedure could lead to bacteria leaking into the lymph system. Not all bacteria can be cleaned out by root canal.

I read about a study where 150 women had breast cancer and out of these, 148 had root canals. This is on the natural dentistry website and was studied years ago.

• malleycat
    malleycat Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2012
    Options

I'm not trying to say that the root canal link isn't possible (who knows?!) but the article from the original post totally contradicts itself.  In the first underlined sentence it says the infection spreads via the lymph system.  Then in the next (also underlined) sentence it states the lymph system cannot reach the microbes in the root canal.  How can it spread via the lymph system if the lymph system can't reach it?  That doesn't make any sense.  It also sounds like (in that second sentence) if it did reach the lymph system it would die, so again, that doesn't make sense.

For the record, I'm in the no root canals column.  =)

Norahamby- what ADA coverup are you talking about?  Sounds interesting!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2012
    Options

Root canal on the left side when I was 18.  42 years later breast cancer on my left side.  Like Malleycat says, I'm not saying it's not related - who knows all the possible causes of breast cancer - but I would think that it probably would have happened sooner if there was a direct link.  JMO

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    edited September 2012
    Options

No root canals, but a couple of old-school fillings....what were they? Mercury? Not pleased I have mercury in my face.

• orange1
    orange1 Member Posts: 92
    edited September 2012
    Options

The ironic thing here is that mercury fillings are "natural", while the resin fillings used instead of mercury are not (and contain BPA)

• lightandwind
    lightandwind Member Posts: 97
    edited September 2012
    Options

Stage III bc on left side. I went to a naturopathic dentist to have my amylgams removed. I told my dentist about the bc and why I wanted to get the fillings removed (so I can give my immune system a fighting chance) and he told me very adamently for building my immunity, the decay on the left was the priority over the fillings. It was a tooth that another dentist said earlier on (while tumor was growing, not yet identified as bc) that he would have to do a root canal on. Instead of doing a root canal, the natropath put in a composite filling, as well as removed the amyalgams on other teeth. I'm not sure if it's as much the root canal connection that is linked to bc, as it is the bacteria from the decayed tooth that is the connection..probably one of many precursors that can interfere w/ proper immune function and/or stimulate angiogenesis of cancer cells. After my experience, and seeing the tooth link with others on here, it seems like a topic definately worth more research. 

• malleycat
    malleycat Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2012
    Options

Wow orange1, I never thought about that! I guess the only consolation is that at least the fillings are tiny, so they can't leech TOO much toxicity (unless you're like me and have a mouthful! Sigh...).  It gets so tiring thinking you're doing the right thing, only to find out that's wrong too!  We just can't win!  =/

• 1Rawgirl
    1Rawgirl Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hello,

I am new to this group. I've been on a long journey of finding out what has caused my body to have so many symptoms. Long story short, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia (FM) and chronic Myofascial pain (CMP) in 2007. It's been one scavenger hunt after another. CMP cleared up in Aug 2010 and comes and goes, no longer chronic. Later, I find out to successfully treat FM, I have to approach it one layer at a time.

Well, fast forward to June 2011, I was diagnosed with Fibroadenoma. I am an avid believer in holistic & alternative medicine so I took that route. Jan 2012, my surgeon saw that my breast tumor shrank from 1.5 cm to 1 cm. Great! So, she said no need to remove tumor. But keep an eye on it if it grows and see her ASAP.

Well, today, I am getting ready to remove 3 root canals as it has been pointed out to me that something in my mouth could be causing additional problems. As I read about root canal and breast cancer connection. What convinced me too is when I had a painful infection in my mouth last Jan, I decided to get a pulpotomy instead of a root canal. Sometime after, a nagging pulsating pain on my upper back disappeared!!!! After years of having it! FM is so complex that to have Fibroadenoma on top of it was really discouraging. The tooth meridian was starting to make sense to me....see what I mean by feeling like I am always on a scavenger hunt?

I figure this may be another layer to help address the inflammation on my left breast. As it has not gone away. And oddly the tumor seems to grow when my immune system is not working properly. Along with my digestion since 2008.

• NattyOnFrostyLake
    NattyOnFrostyLake Member Posts: 74
    edited October 2012
    Options

Welcome 1rawgirl,

Congratulations on your progress. Does your root canal removal protocol involve doing chelation to scavenge metals from your bloodstream?  Or taking any supplements to detox? One of my online friends who had resistant thyroid cancer finally had it go away after cleaning up his mouth. I seem to remember chelation or alpha lipoic acid or both.

• cinnamonsmiles
    cinnamonsmiles Member Posts: 67
    edited October 2012
    Options

I have root canals all over my mouth. Both sides have them. I got mine from not being able to afford to get cavities filled while inbetween insurances. The cavities got so big that root canals were needed. They were all from years before I got cancer.

• 1Rawgirl
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi NattyGroves,

Yes, my ND will do a chelation soon after my root canals are removed.  But I am still in the process of coordinating my oral surgery with my Bio-dentist.  Finally getting some help as my Hollistic Dentist's assistant is helping me coordinate it.  

I started eating a raw "clean" diet in 2008.  It was a process, of course, and today I am basically eating clean wholesome cooked and some raw foods.  And juicing through my Breville 2x/week and Vitamix 5x/week.  I am FOREVER cleansing, it seems, as I also try to follow a colon cleanse and do coffee enemas.  I even did a hydrotherapy.  I am trying everything!  It wasn't until January did things started making more sense to me as to why I feel like I am going in circles with this constant cleansing.  

What is resistant thyroid cancer?  And what did he have?  I have a tumor on the left side of my breast and if I eat too much sweets, even the healthy kind or gluten (I have food sensitivities), it gets big!  And my left side starts to hurt and gets kind of warm.  And I get backed up.  I read up on BRCA2 mutation cancer (breast, colon and pancreas, I think?).  And it scared me a bit as the symptoms are similar to what I am going through... any thoughts?

• 1Rawgirl
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi Cinnamonsmiles,

I'll post how my root canal extractions, etc. go sometime after the chelation therapy.  Just wondering how are you doing now?

• Timbuktu
    Timbuktu Member Posts: 1,423
    edited October 2012
    Options

I can't even count how many root canals I've had.  Of course they think that the inflammation that results from peridontial disease will cause bc.  I have an infection right now and have to have the tooth pulled.  I asked my surgeon and she ssaid if I don't, it will make me sick.  Inflammation of all kinds is bad for us.

I've never heard of this root canal connection before but I did have a lot of xrays and actually did ask the endodontist about it.  He gave me some excuse that would make it ok but xrays do cause cancer.

one more thing, if you asked how many people who have breast cancer have eaten a hamburger or a strawberry or a potato in the past month you would get a lot of hands.  coorelation is NOT causation.  

• peggy_j
    peggy_j Member Posts: 89
    edited October 2012
    Options

one more thing, if you asked how many people who have breast cancer have eaten a hamburger or a strawberry or a potato in the past month you would get a lot of hands.  coorelation is NOT causation.  

I agree.

Since our goal is to beat BC, I thought I'd share some info I learned on dental health. As people enter middle age (and beyond), it's common for gums to recede and this exposes a part of the tooth without enamel. Also, that part of the tooth is closer to the nerve, so a cavity doesn't need to grow as deep to require a root canal. So, to avoid decay at the gumline, floss (or use a waterpik).  My hygentist recommended CloSys dental rinse and in 3 months all my pockets decreased. I think it's good to save our teeth for many reasons, whether this theory proves to be true or not.

• NattyOnFrostyLake
    edited October 2012
    Options

Fortunately, eating a strawberry or hamburger is not analagous to leaving a dead body part in the body--which is what a root canal is.

There is lots of information on root canals and disease. I find it useful to Google before challenging someone's information. Many European cancer clinics will not accept patients who haven't had root canals removed prior to coming. They feel it's futile to try to heal a body whose immune system has an ongoing challenge.

Peggy, I will look into this dental rinse. I have a gum pocket that's driving me crazy.

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited October 2012
    Options

I have had root canals on both sides and cancer in both breasts. I have also had a lot of fillings; starting at age 6. Just yesterday I went for my annual checkup - I need 5 fillings and one crown. I don't like the annual xrays, but the tech tells me these days the radiation is very minute.

Never thought about the connection to breast cancer.  I blame my cancer on the anti-depressants I took for a few years before being diagnosed. And the most recent cancer I blame on stress--they say there is no connection to stress and cancer, but I disagree.

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited October 2012
    Options

I just wonder what the percentage of people who do not have BC also have root canals.  As we get older, it seems to me a root canal it pretty common at some point in our lives.  I'm not saying there isn't a link, it just seems to me that the general population must have a high incidence of root canal.  I do follow the idea presented and rinse my mouth with hydrogen peroxide.  Denstist told me it was good for my gums which are a little inflamed right now.

• 1Rawgirl
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hello Dental!

I have been on along journey of healing from Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myfascial Pain. Since diagnosis, I've learned so much and realized many layers had to be addressed.

I am waiting to get an appointment from my Bio Dentist to extract my 3 root canal teeth. One of them has an infection starting to grow. I am forever cleansing and feel my immune system only works best when I am consistent with eating wholesome clean and some raw foods. If I don't, forget it. My body just goes downhill! I am now ready to ask my PCP if I can get a colonoscopy done as I am feeling the need to know if I have a tumor growing in my colon.

I've had this constant nagging pain on the left side of my lower ribcage and lower back. Knowing there's a connection with root canals and breast cancer and considering I seem to fit the profile makes me wonder...

How are you doing today? Did you have root canals removed from your mouth? Do chelation therapy? I am sorry for the grueling experience you've had dealing with bad dental work.

• digger
    digger Member Posts: 74
    edited October 2012
    Options

Interesting, Dental.  So you don't have breast cancer but are graciously sharing this root canal/breast cancer connection with those of us who have had breast cancer.  Do you post on any other illness/disease boards on the Internet, just out of curiosity?

And RawDental, again, so nice to see another brand new poster posting only on these alternative boards about one particular topic.  Welcome!  And thanks so much for sharing this valuable information out of the goodness of your heart!  I'm sure some of us will love this new information!  Blessings!

• NattyOnFrostyLake
    edited October 2012
    Options

Rawgirl,

By "resistant" thyroid cancer, I mean the several treaments with radioactive chemicals did not work. He had the lifetime's allowance for radiation. Only after his mouth was cleaned up did the body not have to spend all its energy fighting underlying infection from the root canals. He did other cleansing and nutritional interventions but I think you are working up hill with the root canals. It just makes clean up so hard.

Funny that mercury requires strict toxic waste procedures for disposal but some backward dentists still think it's safe to grind down upon in your mouth as you chew. I'm a big follower of Hal Huggins' DDS' protocol.

• jojo68
    jojo68 Member Posts: 336
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi Ladies!

I have been studying the tooth meridian chart and breast cancer/dental infection connection.  I have read that the tooth infected does not have to be on the same side as the infected breast...can be opposite if you look at the chart!  I, myself, have never had any root canals and I have breast cancer.  BUT, I had a terribly abscessed tooth for about 5 years before having it removed 2 years ago.  Interestingly,, now I have the breast cancer...could be a connection.  I have read that abscessed teeth can also fuel an estrogen positive breast cancer by creating a fungus and the estrogen feeds off of the fungus.  I plan on getting a thermagram to see if there is a connection between tooth and breast.  I am also getting a spectravision bodyscan to see if I can look at what fungus is fueling my cancer and how I can correct that!

• digger
    digger Member Posts: 74
    edited October 2012
    Options

Joellelee,

You'll find plenty of fascinating information on the fungus=cancer theory on the alternative boards here.  You've most certainly come to the right place to explore that theory.  

Blessings!

• jojo68
    jojo68 Member Posts: 336
    edited October 2012
    Options

thanks!  i cannot wait to dive in!!!!Smile

• NattyOnFrostyLake
    edited October 2012
    Options

Joellelee,

I'm not familiar with that body scan. Can you direct me to a website?

Thanks so much.

There is also a mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV) that is found in human breast cancer. This was written up in Science Magazine a few years ago. Researchers at Columbia Prebyterian were looking at it at the time but it has since gained a lot of research traction. Interesting that there may be a microbial component to cancers (bacteria, virus, fungus, parasite).