Join Us

We are 218,032 members in 84 forums discussing 160,858 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: how to treat an ulcerated (breast) tumor

Forum: Alternative Medicine —

This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Jun 7, 2014 10:06AM

abigail48 wrote:

after finally after some years discovering what seemed to be my trouble, I googled it & found a wonderful site.  this dr google makes sense & had some good tips.  others I've discovered form women on this forum & others myself. this wonderful dr google talks about several issues:  the dressing(s), the itching:  he gives the name of a probable prescription salve for this, he's some "complementary:, I use calamine lotion which cools the inflamation for a time., pain, he says usually there's none, but if there is (& he gives the usual never to be used by me), the exudations, aka lymph, the bleeding:  here he says if it goes on for "10 or 15 minutes without stopping, call an ambulance."  doubt I'd do this either.  the fungus.  one (other) dr google says cancer is fungus.  talks about the white parts.  it seems castor oil is a fungicide:  thus the castor oil packs the naturopath prescribed.  also mentioned (by internet:  whey, & gary null mentioned resveritrol was another.  but I've noticed that the white parts glue the veins closed & prevent or curtail bleeding.  & smell.  caused by bacteria.  (fungus?, lymph?) there's a sloan kettering site another dr googled mentioned the name of this bacteria but I could never find it again.  since I often dress it it has never again outgassed.  dr google 1 also mentioned that this kind of tumor always indicates an underlying cancer, which is what I surmised at the very first while coming on this forum in 2011.  I've also just began using the artimesia.  not every day.  after the first time, topically only, last week I had the most wonderful sleep I've had since I had meniers syndrom drop attacks in 2009-10.  (undiagnosed).  a moon herb?  used by witches which is always why I avoided it.  very vivid dreams I'd been experiencing lately anyway.  probably addictive, insane making?  (van gough used it but in alcohol form.  dr google 1 hinted not to dress it every day, that sometimes you can just replace the outer dressing.  (& with an inner one which has the manuka honey, gary says 20 or 20+ activation, I use 16 as I didn't know there were higher & I still don't know what that means:  activation you don't have to use the cut zip-lock baggies to protect your clothing:  cut off the lock part & the sides & tape it to the outside of the dressing.  a member here clued me into that.  

Page 1 of 21 (602 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (602 total)

Jun 7, 2014 10:57AM MelissaDallas wrote:

It is always helpful to go to the doctor and have a diagnosed condition to know exactly what it is you're "treating". 

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Jun 7, 2014 11:05AM abigail48 wrote:

not for me it isn't.  I won't "give" blood, I won't do a biopsy, I won't have an exray or an mri or whatever, I don't have a dr (though I may try to get one soon to try & get a supplementary ins, when I have medicare a & b, which to get requires that you have a dr.  probably will be an exercise in futility because I won't give blood, ) I understand the drs now don't require you to undress.  that actually would bother me least, even now that I'm old & with this thing quite ugly.  giving urine or or blood presuire or listening to my heart no problem

Jun 7, 2014 11:19AM pupmom wrote:

Whatever abigail. Until and unless you are diagnosed by a medical doctor with some kind of condition, including breast cancer, nobody is going to take you seriously. Just saying. Oh and Gary Null is a quack.

Life is what happens while we're making other plans. Dx 10/18/2011, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 7, 2014 11:26AM abigail48 wrote:

hi yorkie, longtime no hear.  hope you're well

Jun 7, 2014 12:09PM pupmom wrote:

I am doing well abigail. Thanks for asking! 

Life is what happens while we're making other plans. Dx 10/18/2011, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 7, 2014 12:13PM abigail48 wrote:

good deal, you're welcome

Jun 7, 2014 12:24PM - edited Jun 7, 2014 12:28PM by lightandwind

Abigal, glad to see you. Considering you have no doctor, I'd say you have done well to have had that ulcerated tumor for so many years. Seems others have found nothing in conventional treatment that offers any better hope for successful tx for this issue. I wish you good health. I support you in listening to Gary Null if he offers you help in supporting your health and longevity. Anyone that can help with that is not a quack in my opinion. Quacks are among those who openly humiliate and insult you for your choices, when you are defying odds. Winking

Jun 7, 2014 12:33PM abigail48 wrote:

nice to hear from you light.  gave you no credit for alerting me to what it probably is.  extremely helpful.  I just needed to begin dressing it last august, & am some worried about the warm weather this year.  the artimis seems to be helping in several ways, but the weather has cooled so perhaps it's that.  but rain is heading in & usually that causes it to inflame.  the dr google1 didn't mention a prognosis

Jun 7, 2014 12:48PM - edited Jun 7, 2014 12:49PM by lightandwind

The studies on artemisinin impressed me too. I give credit to whoever conducted them. We each have to do what we each have to do. Peace to your heart Abigal..

Jun 7, 2014 12:56PM abigail48 wrote:

gary said recently that the reason that vitamin c therapy used by that (scientist?) didn't work in the extreme amounts he used is because you should gear up & then gear down with both nutrients & supplements & foods & the scientist didn't. gary also recently suggested a month wheat fast & to do a journal each day as to how you felt with joint pain, headache, energy.  I'm doing the fast, on the 3rd week now, but not the journal, only difference I've noticed, because I've begun using black tea along with the green, which could account for changes, but I have lost now 10 lbds, which I can ill afford.   gary has also started training for the 2016 world games, an olympic knock-off, training 6 hrs a day.  says he won a gold & a silver in the games in is age geoup.  he's 69, though I suspect he's actually 4 years older than that

Jun 7, 2014 02:20PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

Abigail,

I am glad to hear that you seem to be well. However, I still remain very confused as to what you are treating since you never been diagnosed with anything. While I do hope you continue to do well, it's disingenuous  to say you are treating yourself for bc.

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Jun 7, 2014 02:26PM abigail48 wrote:

nice to hear you again too, ex bronx girl, I understand that you "don't have anything" unless you're diagnosed, but diagnosis now in conventional medicine for breast cancer is a protocol I couldn't tollerate

Jun 7, 2014 02:40PM bluepearl wrote:

I guess people don't know what a quack actually is. Giving out false information and profiting from it is one and Gary Null has been proven wrong time and again. That said, no one knows what abigail has, including abigail. Cancer is NOT a fungus. There have been no double blind clinical studies to prove any complementary medicine/treatment cures cancer, nor successfully treating it. All anecdotal stories which are NOT evidence-based medicine. If abigail has a fungating tumor (that is NOT a fungus, it just means an open, cancerous sore that is exuding dead tissue) she is stage 4. Without seeking proper medical attention, she will progress and it will become quite painful. and proper medical care can and will help with the pain but little else......and neither will any alternative. Such beliefs killed Jobs when he could have been saved. I suspect the same might have been true with abigail but such are our choices. Hoping she has a painfree summer ahead and that what she describes isn't actually cancer.

Dx 1/6/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/11/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Dx 2/2013, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/9/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 3/17/2013

Jun 7, 2014 02:52PM abigail48 wrote:

was it you, blue pearl. who got me banned from the forum for 2 weeks for rudeness when what I said was no more than others had said about me for years & are continuing to do so now again

Jun 7, 2014 02:56PM abigail48 wrote:

before I get possibly banned again dr google 1 said to take off the dressing closest to your skin, the one with honey, silver & or artisma etc on it, first soak it in warm saline solution, I use a paper towel wet in the solution, & the dressing will come off if you're careful easily with no hemmhorage started

Jun 7, 2014 03:24PM - edited Jun 7, 2014 03:35PM by lightandwind

Alternative forum, non-judgemental? I don't think so. 

Bluepearl, please prove that cancer is not a fungus if you are going to say that.it is not. What "is" cancer exactly from your scientific point of view? since you seem to know. 

Everyone here knows by now all the reasons that Abigal has not sought treatment because she has shared that with everyone here. All you have done is judge her for it. You don't know that another choice, under her circumstances would help her live longer anyway. You don't know.

People are entitled to pay attention to whatever info makes sense to them. If treating cancer w/ chemo makes sense to you then go to the chemo forum. No one from the alternative forum will come there to tell you you're wrong for believing in quackery. If chemo works so well why do people who use chemo after chemo after chemo keep dying so fast?? Doctors who prescribe them claiming they will help restore health have been proven wrong an innumerable amount of times. But no one is going to the chemo forum, telling the women there that their choices are wrong and their doctors are quacks.

Seems shameful to judge someone who is staying alive the best way that makes sense to them.. They are her choices.  Why can't you just accept them? Respect them? I'm sure you ladies want others here to accept and respect yours as well.

Jun 7, 2014 03:34PM - edited Jun 7, 2014 03:37PM by Moderators

Stepping in here to remind all that this IS the alternative therapy forum. If you do not agree with the topic being discussed, we strongly urge you to use your block topic/block member features or read elsewhere. 

Thank you for continuing to keep our Community safe and supportive.

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jun 7, 2014 03:42PM - edited Jun 7, 2014 03:44PM by DiveCat

This Post was deleted by DiveCat.
Hereditary High Risk, Uninformed BRCA Negative Surgery 4/23/2014 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 3/11/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 11/13/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 5/27/2020 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting

Jun 7, 2014 03:52PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

yes, this is the alt forum and I have no quibble with that. I firmly believe that folks can do what they please. However, I am still baffled by the fact that alt or not, self dx, regardless of the reasons behind it, is ok. How can we discuss any therapies when someone doesn't even know what they're treating?

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Jun 7, 2014 04:23PM abigail48 wrote:

what would you call a growing red thing on your rt breast which exudes wet stuff, blood & white stuff grows on it. which itches often & is sometimes painful, which began "coming through the skin" as they say here, 47 years after 10 years of birthcontrol  tablets beginning with mexican lamb estrogen, & a year of juicing fennel 2009 - 2010 which caused great breast pain & when getting a laptop discovered that fennel was strongly estrogenic, & when immediately stopping juicing the fennel the pain stopped but 2 months later the skin began showing the underlying cyst.

Jun 7, 2014 04:26PM abigail48 wrote:

I don't know why people post here who don't have the symptoms mentioned.  I'm thinking also that dr google1's tip on how to remove a dressing easily could be valuable for parients here whose surgecale scars open or become infected

Jun 7, 2014 04:42PM pupmom wrote:

Most people on this board are under the care of doctors, whether traditional or alternative. I dare say that few among us would let blood and goo ooze from open wounds for long without seeking medical attention.

Jun 7, 2014 05:01PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

Abigail,

I have no idea what to call it and neither does anyone else. Without the confirmation of someone with medical expertise, none of us do, hence, you really don't know what you're treating. I am fully aware of your feelings toward the medical profession but the fact remains that without their expertise, you are just guessing about your condition based on googling it.

Jun 7, 2014 05:15PM - edited Jun 7, 2014 05:28PM by lightandwind

Would Abigal getting a diagnosis to appease you get you to accept and respect her choices and let her be? The recurring theme on these boards for years involves women who choose standard medical care insulting, ganging up on, making fun of, humiliating and prodding those who openly choose alternative treatments, diagnosed and otherwise. Would it really make much difference if she went and got the diagnosis?  I doubt it. 

Jun 7, 2014 05:19PM YoungTurkNYC wrote:

Dear Abigail,

I am so sorry for your condition and the pain that you are in.  Is it at all possible that you may be willing to have an ultrasound which is one of the least intrusive imaging procedures? This simple imaging may be able to determine definitively whether or not you are dealing with breast cancer.  If you do not have breast cancer, you are then treating the wrong condition, and suffering in pain for no reason.  Perhaps there is a simple solution to your condition if it is not cancer.  If it is cancer, you can continue to treat it the way you see it fit, but at least you will have eliminated all other possibilities, including the possibility that you are self-treating the wrong condition and suffering needlessly as a result.  I am not saying at all that you do not have cancer; truly, just trying to be helpful as you are in pain.

Dx 10/14/2012, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes Dx 10/14/2012, ILC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/14/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/25/2012 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Surgery 10/25/2012 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 12/10/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 5/29/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 7/9/2013 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 7/16/2013 Femara (letrozole)

Jun 7, 2014 05:24PM abigail48 wrote:

not usually in pain.  pain comes when an ice or thunderstorm is immanent, usually only then

Jun 7, 2014 05:27PM wrenn wrote:

i haven't reafd the history here but would a naturopathic physician be trusted to diagnose or is the message here that diagnosis doesn't matter?  I am confused.  I belong to an integrative cancer centre and the docs there are fabulous.

Metaplastic IDC Triple negative...Tumour is 1.5cm. BMX Aug. 16th. Chemo cancelled after one dose due to complications. Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/16/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Jun 7, 2014 05:34PM abigail48 wrote:

oh, & a windstorm coming in causes pain.  no more ice storms for a few months anyway, anyway

Jun 7, 2014 05:47PM pupmom wrote:

Round and round we go...

Jun 12, 2014 12:54AM - edited Jun 12, 2014 12:57AM by pipers_dream

When my grandma got a lump on her breast the size of a robin's egg, we didn't need to take her to the doc to know that she was dealing with BC, and indeed, she refused to go.  We honored her choice and one day she got up and cooked us all a whole fried chicken dinner from scratch along with the best homemade banana cake I have ever eaten, and I drove home and then found out that she collapsed after we left and I never saw her alive again.  She was 94 and left this earth on her own terms and for that I am grateful.  I guess she passed about a year from "diagnosis."  She had been craving mincemeat pie just before she left us so I made a big MM pie--from scratch--for the funeral, and tucked a piece in the casket with her.  I know she loved it.  

Also, just wanted to say that it really shouldn't matter whether Abigail has been given a dx--her belief is that she has BC and we should honor that.  It's how we show respect.  And, chances are that's what it is.  

Breast cancer should not be something to fear but rather a call to go deeper in this journey called life. Dx 11/14/2013, ILC, 5cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 21 (602 results)