Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

BX Protocol for Stage IV

Options
MusicLover
MusicLover Member Posts: 777
edited July 2019 in Alternative Medicine

I just found information on an alternative treatment for cancer which is called the BX Protocol.  There are a bunch of testimonies on the link that I am providing. It is also stated that this protocol may be able to "cure" other illnesses like Lyme disease and Diabetes.  I looked at quite a few of the testimonies last night but I really was not that impressed with the testimonies for breast cancer.  The value I see for a stage IV breast cancer patient would be if chemo is your only option and you want something with less side effects or if you have run out of options.  I also feel that the breast cancer testimonials are too new to tell if they are going to have long lasting results with this protocol. I am wondering if anyone else has heard of this treatment? What your opinion is after reviewing the website?  In addition, if this can possibly help someone that would be wonderful.  I don't know the cost and since I am not interested in it at this point, I have not looked into it to find out. If someone finds out the cost please post it.  I noticed that the company is in Panama City, but they may be able to treat you remotely. Here is the link:

http://www.bxprotocol.com/index.html

Comments

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    edited November 2014
    Options

Interesting website. Thank you for posting. I'm big on mitochondrial repair so it was of a great deal of interest to me. My problem with it would be cost. A place designated for the treatment would probably cost an arm and a leg and probably nothing that couldn't be accomplished with the use of DCA. Unless I find out why their treatment would be any better than mitochondria being repaired through another mechanism than DCA or statins, I personally wouldn't pursue it. That's only my opinion. 

• MusicLover
    edited November 2014
    Options

Leggo, My thoughts are the same as yours on the cost issue and like I said I am not certain of the any benefit for myself at this point.  I was hoping and still am hoping to hear from someone who has heard of this and maybe knows of someone doing it, etc.  And like I said in the post, maybe this could be helpful to someone.  I think if this is as wonderful and some of the testimonies make it sound, I think we would be hearing more and more about it in the future.

I am a hopeful person (well, sort of) but I am very suspicious or cautious may be a better word, I urge anyone interested in this to be cautious also. 

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited November 2014
    Options

Musiclover, thanks for posting your ambivalence along with the link. I tried to find out what this treatment is about and the actual product seems to be homeopathy. As I googled I found another site that is advertising this protocol, and I admit to being outright shocked by this bit:

"The cost of this protocol is fairly high, however for those who have a whole life, life insurance policy, or a term life insurance policy which can be converted to a whole life policy, it is easy to afford this protocol.

The up-front cost of this protocol is $16,995, but by selling life insurance policies this amount is easy to obtain.

DO NOT CASH IN YOUR LIFE INSURANCE POLICY!!!!, work with experts who can sell your policy and they can frequently obtain 50% of the face value of the policy to pay for cancer treatments, travel with the family, go to natural medicine cancer clinics anywhere in the world, etc." http://www.cancertutor.com/bx_antitoxin/

• MusicLover
    edited November 2014
    Options

Momine, Sorry that I made you do some of the research and this is what you uncovered, but thankfully we are getting to the bottom of this and it does not look good.

As for the protocol, I am nearly positive that it is an injectable which I think the patient can do on their own. 

I am so suspicious about this because it seems to have popped up out of nowhere but yet they have a bunch of testimonials.  In addition, I actually spoke to Dr. Rowen (whoopee!) last fall and he never mentioned this to me, yet, he is in one of their videos but he does not necessarily endorse the product but still.  (He actually told me that my diet is what caused my breast cancer.  I went on that kick for awhile and then came to my senses.) 

Also, when something is said to be a cure all for every ailment known to mankind (exaggerating here a little bit but still)...and we haven't seen this on 60 minutes then, I just don't know.

(On the other hand, how cruel can people be, if they are lying about the results? Maybe I don't want to know the answer to that question.)

• Momine
    edited November 2014
    Options

Musiclover, no worries. I am a curious sort, so I went looking. I also went through the site you linked, and one of the items is an affidavit that any "members" (people who sign up for the protocol) have to sign. It looks to me as if the affidavit is mainly to protect the company from being prosecuted for mail fraud (specific references to things transferred by mail).

It makes me so angry that people prey on desperately ill people this way.

• leggo
    edited November 2014
    Options

MusicLover, I suspect those people that lie about treatments and results are the same kind of sociopathic loons that pretend to have cancer. Sick world sometimes. Not to mention, in general, how many are paid for their testimonials. Greed ALWAYS results in deception.

Just wanted to add about "something" helping several ailments. Call me crazy, but I do think that is possible, so I never let that sway me one way or another.

• MusicLover
    edited November 2014
    Options

I put this thread up to get opinions and to bring awareness, so no worries - of course. 

I guess my nature is when is sounds to good to be true....

Thank you for your input and for doing the investigating along with me.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited November 2014
    Options

Whoops!  Only a snake oil salesman would advocate cashing in a life insurance policy without first assessing the family need.  Steer clear of these guys.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November 2014
    Options

I'm a little late for the party, but I checked out what I could find online and ended up with the same conclusions as you all did. The first red flag was the claim to cure multiple diseases (bc, diabetes and Lyme's disease!). The second was urging potential users to make really unwise financial moves in order to afford the tx. What's next, a second mortgage on your home?

Musiclover, you are one of the sweetest members of bco. You are always so hopeful and open about any possible cure, yet you have some healthy scepticism as well :) I love it!

Caryn

• Momine
    edited November 2014
    Options

I wanted to add that on the original site for this protocol, the site that music lover posted, they go to some length to explain that in addition to the "product" (the content of which is not really explained from what I can see), the protocol includes a number of other interventions, many of which (they say this themselves) are also used by doctors. They specifically mention B12 vitamin sometimes being helpful in Parkinson's. They keep emphasizing that any improvement is likely to be from the supplements, not the "product."

So it sounds to me as if they have collated a number of supplementation and diet approaches that are commonly used for various diseases and then they have added their super-duper, mystery-magical product to the mix, which is what suddenly bumps the cost up to 17K. In other words, a good dietician, open-minded onc or other practitioner could probably suggest the same supplements etc. and for a lot less money.

3 years of living with this stupid disease has, however, also made me understand why we cancer patients are so vulnerable to these kinds of promises. The total randomness of the disease is conducive to magical thinking. People used to have rain-making rituals, because without rain they would die, and rain was unpredictable. To feel a semblance of control over such an important matter, we started dancing rain dances.

I really fervently hope that one of these days we will have a true "magic potion" that can either eradicate the cancer or else keep it permanently in check. I keep having the feeling that we are currently only hacking at the corners of the cancer, sometimes more successfully than others, and that we are still missing some key piece of the puzzle.

Oh, and also what Caryn said.

• MusicLover
    edited November 2014
    Options

Caryn, Thank you for the wonderful compliment.  I think we all add value here on BCO.  You are wonderful at inspiring us to live the best we can, for as long as we can.

I really try to post anything that I find on cancer treatments because I want the intelligent women of BCO to weigh in with their opinion, I want to make certain that everyone is aware and also to see if anyone has any knowledge of the treatment.  I am still appalled by the fact the Dr. Rowen is in one of their videos, not to say that I am a big fan but I did think that he was sincere in trying to help the public, I guess not. I tried to reach him by email but the Second Opinion newsletter which I thought was solely his stated that he has retired from the newsletter and that I should do a search to find out what his opinion of the BX Protocol is (I just read this reply last night). 

I kind of wondered if what they are really selling is a placebo. I read about the diet changes a little bit, only heard about it being an injectable in a couple of the testimonial videos.  There were way too many links on that website for me to go through all of them, I sort of skimmed them but from what I read I couldn't find any substantial information and no cost information from what I could see, I thought it might vary. 

The man who does the testimonial for diabetes and ovarian cancer (his wife's) states that his wife had 2 basketball size tumors in her abdomen. I only watched it once and I believe that is what he said, really?  At the end of the video, he makes it apparent that he is not just a client, he works there or has some sort of connection like that. 

I found two other videos that have/had me a little annoyed, one they created just simply bashes the FDA for hiding cancer cures and the other shows breast tumors supposedly dissolving yet the women who made the testimonials refer to their experience being to what all of us experience.  I still wanted to post this as I stated because I truly hoped that the other testimonials were sincere.

(I'm sorry, that I rambled on.)

• plumrunner42
    plumrunner42 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2015
    Options

I have been using the BX protocol for over a year now and I'm quite pleased. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in January 2014. As of today all scans are normal and so is my blood work. My husband was diagnosed with cancer in 2006 and went the radiation and chemo route. He was dead in 6 months. He was fine until he started treatment and then went downhill from the treatments. Right then I decided that if I was ever diagnosed with cancer I would never go with chemo or radiation. Both were recommended for me. I used to be on blood pressure meds but since on the BX I no longer need them and my blood pressure is lower than it was on the meds. The BX I use is a spray under the tongue. My alternative doctor is the one who suggested the BX. She has many patients on the BX and all of them have improved. If anyone has questions I would be happy to answer them if I can.

• leggo
    edited September 2015
    Options

Plumrunner, thank you for weighing in on the conversation with your own experience. I have a bunch of questions for you, but I have to think this over for a while to make sure they're coherent. I hope it's ok to pm you when I have my thoughts together.

• plumrunner42
    plumrunner42 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2015
    Options

leggo, I would be happy to answer any questions if I can.

• EMCNaplesFl
    EMCNaplesFl Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2015
    Options

plumrunner42: My name is Marc and I own/operate a medical clinic in Naples, Fl. I have two female patients I am assisting in locating alternative treatments for their breast Ca. I had done some research myself on the BX protocol in early 2015 and even spoke to Dr Smith at length and it seamed promising to me as a clinician given my biochemistry background and interests mitochondrial repair. At the time I didn't have any patients with cancer and I wanted to talk to a real patient vs read a testimonial provided by an international biotech company. I am very much interested in getting your take as a patient and possibly contacting your clinician to explore treatment options for my patients.

• Danajessell
    Danajessell Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2015
    Options

My sister is dealing with metastatic leimyosarcoma, primary tumor in her uterus  & then in small bowel. She's been thru 6 months of chemo and her prognosis is grim. She's otherwise healthy. We've heard that BX machine may be promising? I'd welcome your insights & feelings? Thank you! 

• Danajessell
    Danajessell Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2015
    Options

My sister is battling leimyosarcoma, metzed. Her prognosis isn't good, considering BX. Any thoughts?  

• Rocky88
    Rocky88 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015
    Options

Plumrunner, I'm considering BX for my wife who is Stage IV with leptomeningeal cancer on her spine, it's affecting her legs and she cannot walk anymore. Has BX continued to be successful for you? Have you been satisfied with all their treatment modalities?

• adnan
    adnan Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thank you plumrunner4 for sharing your experience with BX protocol, I heard about this protocol from the cancer tutor website (very informative site for cancer patients). I am considering using this protocol on my wife who had gone through chemo and radiation to treat breast cancer, nothing seems to work. If you could elaborate a little on the cost and the way to get the product, it would be greatly appreciated.

• samantha8
    samantha8 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2016
    Options

hi, does anyone have experience with using bx? I'm considering it for stage iv lung cancer and it would be great to connect with someone that's had first hand experience.

Thank you.

• l4sellers
    l4sellers Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2016
    Options

How are u doing today?

• Jager
    Jager Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    Options

hi everyone,

Just thought I'd give some info on BX. My father in law had acute myloid leukemia. Went through two rounds of nasty chemo which landed him in the hospital with complications. We contacted Delta Institute about BX since he was no longer a chemo candidate in his condition ( thank goodness. I was against it from the start. Stuff just kills you). They were the most wonderful people. Sent us the BX before our money got to them(took over two weeks to work those details out but they overnight BX to us as his condition was acute. Said if they don't get their money oh well. It's his life that matters. Now you won't hear that from big greedy pharma) day 2 of treatment his blast cells went to zero. They stayed that way for quite sometime and would fluctuate slightly here and there but never went to the high levels they were before. Results continued to improve but unfortunately the other damage from the chemo took their tole on his body and he passed away a month later. Too bad he didn't do bx first.

I also know a woman who has been using it for two years to treat lymes disease. She says she finally feels alive

My doctor has a patient who had a large pelvic mass at a very advanced stage. She uses BX and 3 years later is still alive. I highly recommend that anyone check into it. The man behind the research and development of BX is a very wonderful person and passionate about CURING cancer not just treating it.

• eve146
    eve146 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2016
    Options

Jager, I agree completely. BX AND DELTA ARE WONDERFUL. It wasn't until I actually did the BX Protocol that I understood how legitimate it was. And now i understand why there is so much disinformation about these guys. very interesting that Big Pharma has attacked them. Good thing they are not U.S. based.

I had stage 4 Breast with mets to the liver and lung. that was almost two years ago. in month 9 my oncologist actually called them because she had never seen anything like it. Today, about 18 months later I am cancer free. Go figure! Keep in mind that I did not have chemo. I was a so called hopeless case. Now maybe this was what one doctor said was just a "spontaneous remission", but now knowing 3 other people that went through the program, I think not.

its not for everyone, but don't knocks it unless you've tried it. Also don't believe the things you read on the internet about it. They are Big Pharma sponsored. Delta has shown members prove, along with legal reviews. So I say rot in hell to those that suppress this kind of thing. incomprehensible.

Chemo might work for some, so I'm not discounting that. But I suggest people look deeply into BX Protocol. Go to their facility in the Caribbean. Have an open mind. Its was the best decision I ever made.

Jager, sorry to hear about your Father in law.

• abigail48
    abigail48 Member Posts: 337
    edited May 2016
    Options

I've for many many many years been fascinated by RRRife. his original ideas. which I've not seen on the internet of late, or only nn part. bx protocol seems to utilize some of this though the part of the video I saw it wasn;t at all clear. as I understood the treatment originally, the non filterable, filterable? turquoise pathogen an be killed by shining the opposite color oflight on it, the oposite color s of turquois or greenish blue are yellow and magenta. the yellow glass was easy to find, the magenta about impossible and a light, flashlight perhaps to generate the combined light, and how to attatch the glass, was prett impossible also. I gave up after a while though it seems easy. I was reminded of a story? account of a yong girl with blood cancer told her visitor/helpers she needed some fairllyeasy substance to find but they never got around toit

• breathineasy
    breathineasy Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi- This is my first post, mainly because of the BX Protocol topic. I have been researching, networking, interviewing, and will begin the protocol late June 2016. My breast cancer was the least worrisome, DCIS nuclear grade 3 in 2012, had issues with breasts all of my adult life and decided on a bilateral mastectomy ( L was mandatory due to widespread disease, and R was atypical hyperplasia). I did reconstruct with tissue expanders and silicone implants. All of this was the least of my problems with health, as I was finally diagnosed in 2008 with a very rare disease, LAM or Lymphangioleiomyomatosis. LAM is female specific, estrogen driven in the sporadic form (not inherited). I am in the moderately-severe stage with lung damage from LAM cysts throughout all lung fields. There was no known treatment for this progressive, fatal disease, that affects each women uniquely and in various areas of the body. I took part in research and helped pinpoint a first ever treatment using a known drug called Rapamune. LAM has similarities to cancer, as well as differences. Researchers believe it may be the "slowest moving cancer". Cancer research is very much helping LAM research. We are cautious to label LAM cancer as women in later stages often consider having a double lung transplant, which, I do not plan to pursue. I became aware of the BX Protocol from the Delta Institute in August 2014 via an email from a well established integrative medicine practice in the greater Cleveland area. I was headed back to my hometown to check on my elderly father and timed arrival to attend a community lecture on the BX with the doctor (Sherri Tenpenny, DO) and her patient, Dan, and his wife. The room was packed and the talk was recorded and is on YouTube (Tenpenny + COPD+ BX). I asked many questions and took notes. I started my research and had to put aside to care for my ailing father. I have kept up correspondence with Dr Tenpenny, her patient Dan, we just spoke recently, and, Dr Tenpenny's colleague Cindy Fraed, MD,is now in NC near me. Dan was followed as an end stage COPD patient at the Cleveland Clinic, where I go for LAM expert care annually after participating in a week of LAM research at the NIH. There is nothing more that can help my advanced stage of this cancer similar disease and my lung function is declining as Rapamune only puts a "brake" on the progression, and it is very individual as to how long it works. I entered the Delta Institutes essay contest last December 2015 and became a finalist. The essays remain on the website, mine is #7 Susan H. Popular voting on social media decided the winner for full scholarship, Philip M #9. We had a conference call in February 2016 with Dr Dewayne Smith (Phd). I later had an individual phone appt with him lasting 1.5 hours as we talked about the science behind the BX energy catalyst and how it might help LAM. He has never treated a patient with my disease, but, has much experience with cancer and other chronic diseases. I have been networking with a retired eye surgeon who was disabled from Lyme disease and completed the BX (sublingual spray) and mandatory diet changes to promote an alkaline environment for the catalyst to work.

Dr Sally Shutz can be reached at drsal26@yahoo.com. for questions about her experience with the BX. She hosts a growing website and info on how to obtain health in the face of severe illness, focus on Lyme, however, the concepts apply to general principles of chronic illness management. I am willing to be a resource person once I get into the program and document findings. Dan in Cleveland was able to get off his 24/7 oxygen, inhalers, and eventually all oral steroids used to manage his end stage lung damage from life long asthma and work chemical exposures. I hope to meet him in September with my next visit to the Cleveland Clinic for LAM. The Delta Institute is no longer based in the US (Utah) due to threats from Big Pharma and the FDA, the clinic is located in the Caribbean for those needing hands on to get the protocol started. Yes, there will be colon cleanses, enemas. Some people wait until they are out of options with standard, western medicine and are quite frail and need a caregiver to keep nutrition going, medications, etc. Staying on one's medications is important until it is deemed safe to taper off. The patient's physician is included in the communications and will be consulted, if they are willing to cooperate with the patient's choice of plan to treat.

This is enough for now, please keep posting experiences with the BX, as it is important to share concerns and information.

In good health,

SH aka breathineasy

• Debra14
    Debra14 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    Options

I found the BX Protocol in 2013 through my chiropractor. I was stage 4 with a double mastectomy in 2009. In 2012 I found our I had mets to both lungs and some sports on T3 in the spine. I started BX because my oncologist said that at my age the chemo would only hurt. I was grateful that he told me the truth. I did BX and it was powerful. you could feel it going into all the places and having a very strong effect. To sum it up...It took about a year for the BX to produce normal numbers across all labs. The tumors go away very slowly with the treatment. It took almost 2 years for them to go away. I am cancer free now. The BX works slow. I remember that they said "normalize" growth of tissue. So if your expecting something that works fast, maybe its not right for you. But in my opinion it works and now even my oncologist is a believer in the bx. Actually he told me to continue to take after about 6 months. Now he is very convinced that something is working with BX. He told me its very scientific, but lacks the formal studies. I don't care about that. I'm just glad to be alive today. my 27:29 markers dropped from over 2,000 to 28! and my tumors are gone (hoperffully gone for ever!) keep me fingers crossed. I'm happy with BX. I love those people!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,898
    edited June 2016
    Options

Debra14, welcome to our Community, and thanks for sharing your experience!

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited June 2016
    Options

Their explanation as to their theory and methodology is most troubling.

"The organism responsible for cancer shall be referenced as a stealth bacterium to distinguish it from detectible viral colonies whose primary damage stems from their ability to rapidly replicate. Conversely, the stealth bacterium replicates slowly, thus producing low bacterial populations making the stealth bacterium difficult for researchers to isolate. A population of one (1) stealth bacterium is all that is required to construct a cancer cell. The pathogen impairs cellular respiration through manipulating cellular energy and nutrition.

Put simply, cancer is caused by a bacterium that impairs the cells ability to use oxygen."

As for their cure:

"By way of its high photocatalytic bactericidal activity it is able to rely on low concentrations of the bio-molecule within the human body. It initiates an oxidative dispersal with the bacterium that allows this reaction to spread from cell to cell, much like lighting a match and starting a forest fire. From cell to cell it spreads causing the stealth bacterium to die, as a result of such death, the tumor cells start to die via the released apoptotic pathway.

Read Morehttp://www.cancertutor.com/bx_energy_catalyst/ "

They claim to be a victim of a vast smear campaign.

Take a look at this critique:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/BX_Protocol

Without a doubt, many are critical of their unsubstantiated and puzzling explanations as to cause and cure.

As well, I am troubled that those posting above about the merits of BX protocol are all first time posters.

• Jager
    edited November 2016
    Options

Eve,

Thank you so much for your post on BX and having the guts to call it like it is with big pharma. Good for you for trying BX and it was to your advantage you never touched chemo. Your an amazing testimony!!

• Jager
    edited November 2016
    Options

Yay Debra!!!! Another amazing testimony. Good for you!!! So happy for your results. People need to look into BX and do the research......and yes, the people are passionate and wonderful. While helping my father in law through the protocol we were taken care of by BX staff in comparison to the doctors at the hospital I'm sorry to say. And Dr. Smith is a wonderful person. He called me personally several times throughout the time on BX. Good people indeed!!