Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Will "4life transfer factor" cure breast cancer?

Options
kamarajgk
kamarajgk Member Posts: 1
edited July 2018 in Alternative Medicine

Hi All,

My Mom has breast cancer in stage III and her-2/neu postive,She is going chemo treatment. But, Still no imporvement. My friend have suggested to me "4life transfer factor" . He told, this will cure cancer and it improve immuno.

Will "4life transfer factor" really cure breast cancer?

Please Advance

Thanks,

Kamaraj

Comments

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,237
    Options

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but your friend is very, very mistaken and has been sold a bill of goods. Yes, the concept of “transfer factors” (substances taken from people with a strong immunity to certain conditions and given to patients with those conditions who have weak immune systems) has been studied for awhile and is still in the experimental stages--but no reputable clinical trials exist for it in the breast cancer setting. And the way they are administered is by injection or infusion. “4life Transfer Factor” is NOT one of those being studied: it’s an unregulated nutritional supplement, and G-d knows what’s really in it. Sorry, but it’s essentially "snake oil," no better than those laetrile, sheep cells, and other what-have you bulls--t substances that have given countless patients false hope and caused them to abandon proven treatments that might have given them many, many years of cancer-free living or at least some meaningful remission..

There is no “cure” yet for breast cancer, only treatments that can achieve very long-term cancer-free status (“NED,” or “no evidence of disease”), to the point where many patients live out a normal-length lifespan. You say despite your mom’s chemo she is showing “no improvement.” That’s not how breast cancer, nor its treatment, works. The cancer cells aren’t making her feel sick but they are making her ill nonetheless. The whole point is to kill the cancer cells before they do any damage. Chemo is like breaking eggs to make an omelet--there are side effects that are tough to take (especially if your loved ones are going through it). You don’t see “improvement,” only no recurrence or spread. Your mom will get better but first it’s going to be rough going for her for awhile. Those side effects are actually evidence that the cancer cells are being destroyed by the chemo and "targeted therapies." HER2-neu-positive cancers are also treated with injections of Herceptin or Perjeta, drugs that are “targeted" to affect just those tumor cells. Your mom’s condition will slowly improve after treatment is over, but it’s really scary to watch her suffer when you think you can’t do anything about it.

Ah, but you CAN. You can reassure her, be there for her, do for her, help her through the side effects and tell her to hang in there. There are things like meditation, acupuncture, yoga, aromatherapy, etc. that can help her cope with the side effects--but they have to be coordinated with the care she’s getting from her cancer doctors to make sure they’re safe for her. But don’t suggest she take some phoney-baloney over-the-counter unregulated and unproven “cure,” especially if it can interfere with her chemo and targeted therapies or, worse, she takes it instead of chemo and targeted therapy. Don’t fall for that load of bulls--t, and don’t let your mom take it. And it sounds cavalier to say this, but please be patient with her progress.

• abigail48
    abigail48 Member Posts: 337
    Options

this post is not alternative. side effects are effects & at what cost a possible time of remission if the suffering to get there is immence

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    Options

Hello Kamaraj. Sorry to hear of your mom's diagnosis. I've included a link that specifies which health situations transfer factor is effective for. Just click on "uses" and you'll get some idea of what happened in clinical trials and you can investigate further. Perhaps that can aid in your decision. Have your mother's chemotherapy cycles ended? Has she had follow-up scans that show improvement or not? These would be things that might have to be taken into consideration before making a decision. Also, if the plan was to take it in addition to standard chemotherapy, it's very important to let her oncologist know to make sure there are no contraindications between that and any treatments he/she is prescribing. I can also suggest you check out the alternative forum. There are several great ideas there for mitigating side effects of traditional treatment and some experiences from others using alternative treatments. Best wishes to you and your mother.

http://www.m.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-...

• pipers_dream
    pipers_dream Member Posts: 187
    Options

ChiSandy, I wish you wouldn't do that. This is the alternative forum and we are here to discuss alt tx. If you wish to talk about the research, or lack thereof, for this particular tx then I have no problem with that, but some of us on here firmly believe that chemo is toxic to the body and counterproductive and it's obviously not helping kamarajgk's mother. Some people even die from the tx, not the cancer--if cancer isn't growing it won't kill you. Many folks who were here in the past to discuss alt tx have gone and left us b/c they got so tired of weeding thru the "cancer industry cheerleaders," and I for one wish they were back b/c this board is barely limping along.

kamarajgk, if you're still around--my advice is to read everything you can get your hands on--the disadvantage to doing alt and complementary is that the onus is on you to learn as much as possible. I've heard that one of the best ways to stop the spread is to use modified citrus pectin and you may want to look that up. Go back and read some earlier threads too--lots of great ideas on here and then get yourself a notebook and follow up on everything that looks promising. If your mom is overweight, it might be good to have her do a water fast for a few days--it has amazing power to slow things down and she should stop all sugary foods now. Well, maybe right after xmas lol.

• labelle
    labelle Member Posts: 134
    Options

It is interesting to note all mainstream drugs now being used were once considered experimental and no studies existed in the form of reputable clinical trials showing their effectiveness. They did not become effective after trials were conducted-they were effective all along. Sort of like smoking did not suddenly become dangerous once it was proven to be dangerous. Lots of things in the alternative vein seem to work for various people, lack of trials is not the same as lacking in effectiveness and anecdotal evidence, while not the same a s clinical trials, is evidence none the less. Anecdotal evidence that smoking might be bad for us is after all what led to studies being done that proved the toxicity of tobacco.

The side effects for chemo certainly don't mean it is working as it should, they just mean you are having chemo. If side effects equaled a cure or showed that the chemo was working, my mother certainly would have been cured! Chemo itself can be deadly, leaving one susceptible to infections. Its usefulness in treating some types of BC is being questioned more and more all the time even by mainstream medicine.

I don't know anything nor have I heard anything about "4lifetransfer factor" however, since modern medicine has not come up with anything that guarantees any of us a cure, looking at alternatives (carefully) is IMO a worthwhile activity. Use caution and common sense. If you are in active treatment with conventional medicine, discuss with your doctors the possibilities of interactions (although they often do not know and will give you a kneejerk "don't do it" reply) and then decide what is and isn't worth doing.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    Options

Kamerajkg, what do you mean that there is "still no improvement" in your mother's condition? Has she had surgery?

• Mjrem
    Mjrem Member Posts: 5
    Options

Yes.... it’s very possible. My neighbor attributes her complete remission from cancerto transfer factors. English is her second language but here is a direct quote in her words. She talks about her sister’s recovery but not her own in as much detail, but she also had complete remission using transfer factors. Sounds like a viable alternative to me.

"4 life , transfer factors , for me it's the best , I tried everything , healthy food .supplements , nothing help , I felt tired , cancer came back , and my sister recovered from arthritis aggressive , high levels , dr. Said you will not recover , everyday you will be worst , every months more dose like a chemo ,she still at home worst worst she regained her health in 4 months .the dr. Said what did you do ? Keep doing what you are doing . She called me when she stared with the transfer factor , 3 weeks after and she said to me Lety take it , I don't know what it's that , but I'm feel strong ,I don't have my swollen legs , everything was gone . Three and s half years Until now and never returned again , I take the supplement every day since three and a half years . My life changed"

• dtad
    dtad Member Posts: 771
    Options

Mjrem...can you give us more information about this supplement?

• ksusan
    ksusan Member Posts: 461
    Options

And about yourself? Are you someone who had cancer? This is your first post on this message board, so we don't know you.

• Freya
    Freya Member Posts: 329
    Options

Mjrem sounds like spam to me.

• MTwoman
    MTwoman Member Posts: 228
    Options

I agree with Freya. Mjrem provided a third party account, so we can't even ask the person who purportedly took the substance in question.

• ksusan
    Options

Yup.

• Mjrem
    Options

Dtad

I am responding to Kamaragkj's question about 4life transfer factors. There is a general principle and a brand. My neighbor took the 4 life brand. I'm pretty sure you can find what you need by googling it. I also saw it on Amazon. There are plenty of verified purchaser reviews.

4 Life-Transfer-Factor-Classic -capsules

She swears by it. Good luck!

P.S. Sorry folks... not spam. This forum is for information. People can choose to do what they want with it. It’s nice to have “alternatives” which is what this thread is about. Best wishes to all of you on your healing journeys.

• Mjrem
    Options

kSusan,

Your questions sounds sincere so I will answer it. I have not had cancer. I hosted a neighborhood holiday lunch at my house. One of the women attending was in a mighty struggle with stage 4 breast cancer. Another lady- the one I quoted - was passionate about the supplement I mentioned and was encouraging her to try it. She was a nurse married to a doctor and not open to it. I texted the enthusiastlater about it to capture the information in case I ever needed it.

This morning I was looking to purchase some for a family member and in my searches, this conversation showed up - probably because 4 life transfer factors was mentioned by name. I will not be hanging around here, commenting and following up. I just dropped by.

I hope her story will help someone and wish all of you best of luck! I can assure you that I am a real person and that I have nothing to gain by talking to you.

• MTwoman
    MTwoman Member Posts: 228
    Options

Mjrem, since you are new, you probably aren't aware that when we are asking for information about something new or controversial (such as the supplement you are promoting), we are actually looking for a reputable website where you found the information (such as one associated with a medical center like Mayo, Johns Hopkins etc or a research center) or something published in a peer reviewed journal. Many of us like to read the evidence for ourselves, so we can think about it critically or discuss it with our medical team. Second hand accounts, such as "my neighbor swears by it" are not really anything we can 'hang our hat on' as it is both a second hand report (we don't even know what/if the person in question actually had bc) and the 'evidence' has not been studied or reproduced using standard scientific methods as far as we can tell. There are many women who are looking for miracles, therefore, please don't make promises about something's efficacy when you are then going to refer someone to Amazon's reviewers to prove them.

• dtad
    Options

I had no problem with the post. Is there anywhere on this forum that we can safely discuss alternative methods without being judged and guilted? This is why there are various threads on this forum. Please respect and support all individual decisions made. Good luck to all...

• MmeJ
    MmeJ Member Posts: 22
    Options

What is "safe" discussion? Discussions where only those who are already in agreement can participate?

• Mjrem
    Options

MT woman. It sounds like you have a preference for the type of information you want to see and only want to see things with scientific backing. Is it possible that others for whom scientifically backed treatments have failed might be open to some other options?

The quote I shared was a true account - a data point- so to speak. Information that hopefully you can pass over if it doesn't meet your criteria. I'm sorry that it offended you.

• dtad
    Options

Mjrem...please read my post again. I didn't say a safe discussion. I said a safe place to have a discussion. Very different. My point was this is an alternative thread. It would be really nice if we could post on it and not get judged or guilted. Good luck to all.

• HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740
    Options

There is a member here in the stage IV group who takes 4life transfer factors, as well as many other conventional and alternatives. I remember her stating that the transfer factor is the only one she will never stop taking, while other things are off and on, depending on her exams and doctors advice. She has been NED for I think 10 years. I'm here off and on, so I have not seen her recently, but I made it a point to follow what she did, because she started out with bone and liver Mets. She is very knowledgeable and thorough and has specific reasons for each thing she does. It's certainly a legit supplement/topic to being up on the alt forum.

• Mjrem
    Options

dtad - thank you for your supportive comment. It was a little confusing but MmeJ was the person asking about "safe discussions." It does look a lot like "mjrem" but in fact we are different people. : )

• dtad
    Options

So sorry for the confusion!

• bluepearl
    bluepearl Member Posts: 133
    Options

Answer to original post.....no.

• 4lifejolly
    4lifejolly Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi am a breast cancer Stage IIA, er-,pr+,her2neu+

I undergo with 8 Cycles chemotherapy and 18cycles of hormone therapy Herceptine. And maintenance of Tamoxifen.

After all this treatment i had for 2 yrs, i thought my cancer been remove, after so many test my breast been shows that the calcification still on my lesft breast that was last year. My oncologist wont explain why i still had calcifications and ask me to continue taking tamoxifen.

One of my fellow church invited me to attend 4life transfer factor training, at first i was pessimistic though am already taking other natural remedies but still the same results.

I tried taking up Transfer Factor, last year October 2017 and i had my mammogram test December 2017, when i get back to the hospital no trace of microcalcufications and up to now im still taking the products and became an independent distributor of 4life Research International.

We still need doctors and am not against what medication they prescribe.

4Life transfer factor can educate, boost and balance our immune system.

Hope this will help other patients

• Octavio
    Octavio Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have a partner who was diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer and his into chemo cysplatin and radiation treatment , would you recommend taking transfactor while on chemotherapy? Or is it safe to take this supplement whime on chemo?

• ksusan
    Options

Octavio, this is a breast cancer site.

• fantashia8911
    fantashia8911 Member Posts: 1
    Options

what tranfer factors did you take?