Join Us

We are 218,061 members in 84 forums discussing 160,867 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: vit.c infusion

Forum: Alternative Medicine —

This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Sep 4, 2017 08:36PM

kae_md99 wrote:

hi all,

has anyone done vit. c infusion to supposedly help kill cancer cells? i am going to a naturopath end of the month and i was told i might get it. any side effects and how many mg do you take? also,how often do youget it? thanks in advance

kae, 1-10-17, IDC,2.5 cm, right,er,pr,her2 (+),grade 2;DCIS, left, er,per(+),grade 2; 2-17-17- Taxotere, Carboplatin ; 2-17-17- Herceptin , Perjeta; july 14,2017,BMX,TE's,SNB,0/3;8/2017,Zoladex;1/26/2018,Arimidex

Page 1 of 1 (14 results)

Posts 1 - 14 (14 total)

Sep 5, 2017 10:21AM dtad wrote:

I would love to do this but I heard it was very expensive. Its suppose to be great for the immune system...

Dx 3/20/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/10/2015, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Sep 5, 2017 05:03PM kae_md99 wrote:

dtad, it costs 200 usd per infusion...

kae, 1-10-17, IDC,2.5 cm, right,er,pr,her2 (+),grade 2;DCIS, left, er,per(+),grade 2; 2-17-17- Taxotere, Carboplatin ; 2-17-17- Herceptin , Perjeta; july 14,2017,BMX,TE's,SNB,0/3;8/2017,Zoladex;1/26/2018,Arimidex

Sep 5, 2017 06:52PM - edited Sep 5, 2017 06:59PM by mkinoly

I don't have an answer, but I'm also interested in this topic. I think I've heard Chris from ChrisBeatCancer dotcom say he had it twice a week? I could be totally misremembering.

Here is some info I found: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/vitamin-c-pdq#section/_3

Dx 7/2/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/16/2015 Mastectomy: Left Surgery Prophylactic ovary removal

Sep 5, 2017 07:15PM wallycat wrote:

There are some preliminary studies that show vit. c infusions as beneficial.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/1701...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/1703...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/1703...

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

Sep 21, 2017 10:46AM Brandy3 wrote:

is there anyone out there that is finding success curing breast cancer with alternative therapies and or Budwig protocol?

Sep 21, 2017 10:54AM MTwoman wrote:

Brandy, Use of Alternative Medicine for Cancer and Its Impact on Survival.

(full article here: https://academic.oup.com/jnci/article/110/1/djx145/4064136/Use-of-Alternative-Medicine-for-Cancer-and-Its])

Dx 12/10/2002, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/20/2002 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 12/23/2003 Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery Reconstruction (right): Saline implant Surgery Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery Mastectomy: Right

Sep 30, 2017 12:56AM macb04 wrote:

I got High Dose IV Vitamin C ( 50 to 60 grams Vitamin C)a number of times. You have to get to a blood test called G6PD (glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase) before you can get IV Vitamin C because it can cause a very rare bleeding problem. Then they gave me gradually increasing doses with each infusion. It is really expensive, $200 plus per infusion. I sometimes got Artesunate IV before getting the IV Vitamin C. I have had it for the immune boosting and potentially cancer cell killing effects, as well as for treatment of infections associated with the many reconstruction surgeries I have been forced to have.

I had very little side effects associated with the IV Vitamin C, except for having to pee frequently and once I had an epidode of hypoglycemia when I hadn't brought snacks or eaten enough before the IV. One other issue was that my veins got harder and harder to access over repeated IV Vitamin C infusions (I am talking 20 plus infusions over several years) So I would recommend getting a Normal Saline flush through the IV after IV Vitamin C to decrease the risks of having vein sclerosis, especially if you plan to continue with regular IV Vitamin C every 1 to 2 months for a while, maybe years. I am now weight lifting to try and improve my veins so I can go back to getting more IV Vitamin C infusions. I used to have great energy after getting IV Vitamin C, would feel really good.

Intravenously administered vitamin C as cancer therapy: three cases

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1405876/

Oct 2, 2017 02:32PM - edited Oct 3, 2017 10:52AM by FireSally

I don't know any CLEAR evidence if Vitamin C could be beneficial. Apparently, the father of this idea got a Nobel prize for it.

Later on I searched for more information on the topic - what do you think off this article "Vitamin C, Linus Pauling was right all along. A doctor's opinion" (google) ?

Nov 14, 2017 10:25PM Lillybee wrote:

I have been doing high doses of Vitamin C with other minerals for at least 5 months. I do 75 mg's now - you work up slowly - and I am currently doing just once per week but I was doing it 3 times week. It is very pricey! I have also done artusenate, ozone, and glutathione intravenously on a regular basis. I was stage 4 with mets to lymph, bones and liver and now there is only a very small amount left in my breast. That said, i am on hormone therapy and lots of alternative therapies so hard to know what did what. I do believe the iv's have helped my immune system. It is important to make sure you get a whole foods source of Vitamin C. Synthetic has not been shown to have the same results. I get a little dozy while getting my iv but that is likely from he magnesium that is also in the bag. And I have thrown up once when I didn't eat enough protein before. I HAVE to eat protein or I get very sick.

Apr 10, 2019 09:05AM santabarbarian wrote:

I received C IVs 2 times a week, and glutathione once a week, during my treatment. I got artesunate w the C until artesunate became unavailable. I had no trouble with it. I think it helped me a lot.

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo w/ integrative practices; Proton rads. Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/10/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Apr 10, 2019 04:59PM Husband11 wrote:

Pauling's work relating to Vitamin C was not the work that gained him the Nobel Prize for Chemistry.

Linus Pauling was awarded the 1954 Nobel Prize for Chemistry "for his research into the nature of the chemical bond and its application to the elucidation of the structure of complex substances." He was awarded another Nobel in 1962, for peace, for his crusade to stop the atmospheric testing of nuclear weapons; it was awarded on October 10, 1963, the date that the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty went into effect.

There is no definitive evidence that vitamin C infusions help wrt to cancer, but there is research that suggests it might. Let's hope more research is done and that it supports the use of this treatment. My wife used to get them, but it was very expensive. She also had trouble with setting up the IV, and doing that 2-3x a week was getting to be too much for her to handle. So, she quit.

Concerned husband Dx 2008, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 5/2016, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Apr 10, 2019 05:44PM VIPattie wrote:

I definitely would have tried vitamin c but because I have my recurrence in my pleura, the naturopath was worried about all the fluid you intake and whether it would exacerbate the fluid in my pleura. I had read that Linus Pauley did a study with 6 to 8 (can’t quite remember any more) very advanced cancer patients and was able to demonstrate an increase of up to 5 years of longevity as a result of IV infusions of vit c. The US cancer center that tried to replicate the study used oral vitamin c and dismissed his claims. I don’t have the citation any more because I read this when I had my initial diagnosis 22 years ago. At that time it was impossible to get anybody to consider vitamin c. Lots of eye rolling.

Apr 10, 2019 05:58PM santabarbarian wrote:

I had eye rolling from my MO until chemo #3 when my tumor was no longer palpable. He grinned and said, "keep doing what you're doing!"

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo w/ integrative practices; Proton rads. Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/10/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 5, 2019 09:44PM macb04 wrote:

I used to get IV Vitamin C frequently, but sadly my veins are inaccessible anymore for 99% of people who try and draw blood or start an IV. I am sure the IV Vitamin C sclerosed my veins. I have even tried in my feet. . I exercise and hydrate really well too. No go.☹

I used to feel sooo GOOD after 50grams of IV Vitamin C.

Page 1 of 1 (14 results)