Join Us

We are 218,032 members in 84 forums discussing 160,858 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Good news with architectural distortion

Forum: Alternative Medicine —

This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Feb 26, 2018 05:04PM

Hadiya wrote:

Hi ~ Just wanted to drop in to share my news in case it offers some hope to those of you who have been diagnosed with an architectural distortion. I was Birads 4b - 4c... with a 3.6 cm AD and some lymph swelling. They wanted to do a stereotactic biopsy stat but my mom died so I had to put it off and instead ended up getting a second opinion. This amazing doctor suggested an MRI before an MRI biopsy. In the mean time, I changed my diet, did lymph massage, qi gong, used breast herbs 3 times a day, took herbs and my husband did reiki every night. Last week, I had the MRI and there was no sign of the architectural distortion. It was completely gone and there was no sign of any abnormality at all. So... there's always a chance that even a high 4 Birad may come back as nothing to worry about.

And for all of you out there that find yourself with cancer, my heart goes out to you. I'm going to stay involved here to offer support, cheering on and a listening ear. If you need anything, I'm here.

All love to you.
All love to all of us.... this business of being human can be pretty bloody at times, can't it?

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)

Posts 1 - 12 (12 total)

Feb 26, 2018 05:20PM momto3sons wrote:

That’s great news

Carolyn, mom to 3 sons - ADH, intraductal papillomas 3/1/18 Surgery 2/22/2018 Lumpectomy: Right

Feb 26, 2018 05:24PM Paco wrote:

You can breathe a sigh of relief! Go celebrate and thanks for updating. What breast herbs did you use?

Dx @ 48 Dx 12/28/2017, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 2/13/2018 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 3/27/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 26, 2018 05:34PM - edited Feb 26, 2018 05:37PM by Hadiya

Thanks! XO

And Paco ~ I mostly used red clover. I took infusions of it and put the left over herb in compresses on my breast - every day. And I did oatstraw and nettles infusions as well. For infusions I used dried herbs - one ounce in a quart jar and poured boiling water on top of it, capped it and let it sit for at least 4 hours - usually overnight. I rotated the oatstraw, nettles and red clover - one each day and did the red clover as tea on the days I had oatstraw and nettles. I also took citrus pectin and ate extremely cleanly - no sugar, caffeine, red meat, gluten and very little dairy. I ate pineapple and celery every day. And I used baltic amber oil on my breast every morning and night. There's a bit more but more specific for Lyme disease. Oh, and my gyn suggested Breast Cycle Blend by Vitanica which I took one tablet three times a day. Hope that helps but if this isn't clear, just let me know.

Mar 19, 2018 04:39PM PeaceK wrote:

Thank you Hadiya,

I appreciate your post so much.  After my mammo last week and sonogram I was told that there was right breast distortion, approx. 1cm and I need to have a biopsy.   I panicked so much, I really didn't get additional information.  Your story gave me hope!  I had been having breast soreness but drink way too much caffeine etc.   My biopsy is on Thursday.  Praying and hoping for good results. 

Mar 19, 2018 04:52PM Hadiya wrote:

Hi PeaceK! I'm praying for you!! Please let me know how it goes! I believe there are many who get good news and never even make it here to BreastCancer.org to write their stories. Let's hope and pray you can come back and share your good news!!! Much love!

Mar 27, 2018 12:47PM PeaceK wrote:

Hello..  I got GOOD news!  My radiologist called today to say I had a radial scar,  but no cancer.  They think it should be removed and want me to call a surgeon. But, I have been a total wreck and am SO relieved this afternoon.  I will follow up but for today just  finally at ease and happy.  Thank you Hadiya, you gave me hope.  And, sending lots of good wishes and prayers to everyone on this site.  I will research more about the surgery to have the radial scar tissue removed etc  this is such a helpful site.     Thanks Hadiya and all! 

Mar 27, 2018 04:55PM Hadiya wrote:

Oh PeaceK! I'm so happy for you! You've been on my mind and in my heart! Yay!! All best to you - and do keep on coming back to let me know what you decide for next steps! I care! Much much love! XO

Mar 28, 2018 07:01AM - edited Mar 28, 2018 07:03AM by bluepearl

I had an architectural distortion and a diagnostic mammogram....nothing. Five years later, breast cancer in that spot. I had found many, many articles on arch. distortion and they pretty ,much all said it was an occult tumour indication....I mentioned it but no one responded. Be vigilant on this please!!!! My diagnostic mammogram showed nothing and for 5 years, my mammograms showed nothing....until it did.

Dx 1/6/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/11/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Dx 2/2013, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/9/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 3/17/2013

May 30, 2018 08:59PM PeaceK wrote:

Thank you.  I will be vigilant, and so appreciate your concern.  Hope you are doing well.  I had the lumpectomy last week to remove the radial scar (the source of the architectural  distortion and  am now waiting on results)

May 31, 2018 12:24AM jenndenino578 wrote:

Hello there, I have one of these "radial scars" as well which was discovered on a mammogram which showed an architectural distortion. My breast surgeon now wants to remove it. I am praying for benign results. (the initial core needle biopsy was benign, there was hyperplasia). After an MRI followup he decided to schedule me to have it surgically removed. I am hoping to schedule this as soon as possible.

Good luck on the results of your lumpectomy.

Surgery Lumpectomy: Left

May 31, 2018 11:19AM bluepearl wrote:

Radial scars increase breast cancer risk anywhere between 8 to 30%. Glad you got it removed...but stay vigilant. And well. (((HUGS)))

Dx 1/6/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/11/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Dx 2/2013, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/9/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 3/17/2013

May 31, 2018 02:55PM jenndenino578 wrote:

Hi, Bluepearl, I keep reading all kinds of conflicting information on these radial scars which cause these architectural distortions. After they take it out I'm going to ask for an annual MRI (assuming it turns out to be benign).

Hugs,

jenndenino

Surgery Lumpectomy: Left

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)