Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chris Beat Cancer

Lantana70
Lantana70 Member Posts: 14
edited November 2019 in Alternative Medicine

Hi everyone, has anyone out there tried the ""Chris Beat Cancer" protocol?

He has just released a book and I have listened to some of his podcasts and YouTube clips. I love his philosophies.

He seems to mainly advocate a plant based diet and certain supplements such as tumeric and D3.

The other thing I really like about his approach is to heal the whole body and mind. It has actually inspired me to quit my job due to a lot of stress.

I think I will buy his book.

Comments

• PurpleHair
    PurpleHair Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2018

Hi Lantana70, I was diagnosed in March. See my post on "Miracle 6 months after diagnosis".

I found ChrisBeatCancer.com right away and started juicing after my diagnosis. He's great and so inspiring. I watched all of his interviews with other people who cured cancer naturally. Your mind is very powerful and influences the body. It can heal the body and also make it sick by the thoughts and feeling you allow into your consciousness.

I knew this because I've done a lot of spiritual work in my life. So instead of anything fear based, I immersed myself with only life affirming and "miraculous" experiences that transcend the doom and gloom.

My personal journey lead be further and beyond the ChrisBeatCancer protocol. But it remains a solid base for me to life a healthy lifestyle. I ended up doing more engery/meditation work which brought about the biggest shift in my consciousness and my tumor disappeared after that. ChrisBeatCancer was the big leg up for me and I love his work and all the other brave souls who provide their inspiring stories.

Believe in yourself and harness the power of your own heart to love yourself enough to allow miracles to happen. Your ego mind is often lost and confused and is bombarded with negative thoughts. Allow it to throw the tantrums (anger, fear, despair) and love it back into the heart. Feel into any resistance and doubt and love it all back into the heart. If you allow and unconditionally love your body and mind, you will get to a place of peace and the healing will unfold. The body follows the mind, there is a time delay before the physical manifests what is in the mind, but rest assured it is all energy and the body is energy too that is molded by mind energy. Stay present to your journey and really listen to your heart. You are powerful. You are worth beyond measure.

Have compassion for others and honor their choices and experiences. Don't get caught up in arguments and tension about the myriad of treatment options. We are all in a tough (but potentially very rewarding) journey, so give everyone around you space to be just as they are. You might not get the same responses from others but you can take the higher road and just focus on your own healing. Much love and blessings to you!!!

• Lantana70
    edited September 2018

Thanks Wrenn and Purple Hair.

Your replies were very helpful and meaningful to me.

I do agree with you Purple Hair about the power of the mind. When I was diagnosed 4 years ago some pretty serious stuff was happening in the years leading up to my diagnosis.

Chris is a real advocate for cleaning up your whole life- spirit, body and mind.

You can go on the healthiest diet but if your mind is riddled with fear, anxiety and negativity it is pointless. Yes, Purple Hair- the body chases the mind!

I have decided to make peace in my life and have even decided to quit my job due to tensions.

Do not worry Wrenn, I'd never skimp on conventional therapy but love the idea of combining with natural therapies in which Chris Wark fully supports.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my question.

Have a beautiful day and life!

• Deamo1
    Deamo1 Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2018

Just bought his book last night :)

• WC3
    WC3 Member Posts: 658
    edited October 2018

After my grandmother developed a second breast cancer in her remaining breast and underwent a second mastectomy and radiation, she cleaned up her diet. She did not develop a recurrance of either breast cancer but surgery is the primary curative treatment for both breast cancer and colon cancer and I think she and Chris were just lucky enough that their surgery (and in my grandmother's case, radiation as well) got all of the cancer. After her second breast cancer, my grandparents both cleaned up their diet and later went on the Pritikin diet.

It probably spared them a lot of lifestyle related health problems but my grandmother went on to develop another type of cancer, which she also survived, and both of my grandparents went on to develop high blood pressure and have heart attacks (both survived).

Eating a healthy diet and leading a healthy lifestyle is great and I do believe diet can affect cancer prognosis. I've made some changes to my diet myself after my diagnosis because of the role that fatty acids, sugar and certain growth factors and hormones play in the proliferation of breast cancer, but I think Chris' website underemphasizes the role his surgery played in curing him and I worry that can lead some people astray and ultimately cost them their lives.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,934
    edited October 2018

A lot of cancers are one-and-done after surgery, with no recurrence, so to say someone "beat" one of those types of cancer is a real stretch.

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2018

I wish that this guy's sales pitch didn't make me so crabby.

He is not a doctor, not a nutritionist or a biologist or any of the above. I think that people come out again and again with these stories and then marketing scheme's of how they healed themselves without western intervention. But there is always some sort of western intervention involved (surgery, radiation or chemo) and the very small percentage of people who are able to heal themselves of cancer without any of these things, is, well, a very, very small percentage. CRABBY!

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited October 2018

Looking back I feel like I was extremely unhappy and that day to day stress very well may have been the direct cause of my cancer. It is important to remove extreme stress and do the things that make you happy. With that I am going out to lunch.

• WinningSoFar
    WinningSoFar Member Posts: 126
    edited October 2018

I can get behind the idea that healthy living and a peaceful loving mind can prevent cancer.

But that's not the same as saying that healthy living can treat cancer.

• Lantana70
    edited October 2018

I agree that we should first use use conventional therapies, particularly surgery as it removes tumour load.

I honestly do believe with Chris Wark that whole food nutrition can heal cancer, even stage 4. But you really have to overdose on nutrition, quit meat and sugar and eat organic food. More importantly you have to clean up your mind and be at peace.

Chris Wark does not profess to be a doctor and always warns this before his podcasts. He just wants to show us there is another way. Hey guys, we can't just blindly jump on the jump wagon. The pharmaceutical companies are making billions and often use fear and that we have to act quickly to rid the cancer.

The truth is our bodies created the cancer for whatever that reason may be. (for me it was stress, not enough fibre and way too much sugar and alcohol) . The good thing is I honestly believe our bodies want to heal but it takes time and commitment. No quick fix here!!!

As stated earlier, I like the idea of combining natural with conventional. We should be offered choices and I honestly wish doctors had more training in nutrition.

From what I have seen of Chris Beat Cancer, it seems really legit and Chris himself is a really nice, intelligent and genuine guy. He is using his experience to reach out to others and give us all hope.

We all need hope after all.

God bless!!

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2018

I’m an integrative oncology nutritionist and acupuncturist and the first to say that changing ones diet (especially if unhealthy) and also reducing stress as much as possible is a great thing for BC diagnosed folks to undertake. 100% is it great to get healthy and most Americans are incredibly unhealthy and eat terribly and have no idea that they are doing this to themselves.

There’s just something that doesn’t sit right for me with this whole thing.

Not trying to be “unhopeful” or whatever. Just stating my two cents.

I think that one of the biggest things that can ease the mind is gratitude.

I just don’t like when people push the idea that one is at fault for their cancer. I think that is the main thing that rubs me the wrong way. And I did not read this guys book but anything that starts to imply that if you don’t eat well, don’t go through a spiritual cleanse, and don’t reduce stress that you will give yourself cancer. It just annoys me and isn’t true.

I have always adhered to a very healthy diet since I was 18 years old. I’ve been in therapy since I was like 2 (thanks Mom), I have done tons of meditation and qigong, acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, herbs and supplements, energy work etc etc etc and I still developed cancer.

The stress relief for me is not caring about all that anymore and just eating what I want and not freaking about if it will cause disease. Not feeling like I am not spiritually cleansed if I miss yoga or don’t meditate for a month, etc. This for me brings so much more happiness. It is about not being so self critical and hard on my self.

And most of all, not blaming myself for having a disease.

• WC3
    edited October 2018

I know a lot of people have mistrust of pharmaceutical companies, and that is not always unwarranted. They do occasionally do underhanded things. They jack up pricess just because they can, they stifle competition by buying up raw supplies used to make their competitor's drug, to keep it from them, even when their competitor's drug is not effectively identical to their ow. Occasionally they hype up claims of effectiveness. But even so, the pharmaceutical companies still have a significantly higher burden of proof to meet than any internet diet guru/blogger pushing a natural cure, who have no burden of proof to meet.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,675
    edited October 2018

lovefromphilly, thank you for your perspective. I do not have your professional expertise but agree with what you’ve written.

• Lantana70
    edited October 2018

I still think we should have time to make informed choices. Not everyone wants to use pharmaceuticals and that is their choice!!!

I for one like the idea of throwing everything at it- conventional and natural!

I am not ignorant, I know people like Chris Wark are not doctors but I like what he stands for. The body created the cancer and it is sick. Equally, the body has the potential to heal itself when saturated with whole food nutrition etc...

We live in a democratic society. Choices should be given to us!

• WC3
    edited October 2018

Lantana70:

Of course, people are free to make their own choices. Including not wanting to use pharmaceuticals. You might be in the position to make an informed decision but a lot of people will read our messages and some of those people won't be. I just wanted to contribute some perspective for those individuals.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,934
    edited October 2018

We have the right to make INFORMED, evidence-based choices. One person's personal, unverified experience against the best scientific and medical evidence? To me, that's no contest.

Back in college in the late 1960s, I worked with a guy in our library who always wore a leather band on his wrist. Male jewelry wasn't very common in the Midwest yet, so I asked him about it. He explained, with a twinkle in his eye, that it was a bear scarer, and that it certainly worked because he hadn't been attacked by a bear yet. I have applied the bear scarer test in many situations over the years, and it's a great way to determine wonky logic or causality.

• sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289
    edited October 2018

It's YOUR journey and your Choice....Liz

• Lantana70
    edited October 2018

f totally respect your views WC3. You sound very intelligent and well researched. I am pleased we can spark a healthy debate.

I still think natural therapies is worth a look at. There have been thousands of testimonials of individuals who have healed their cancer naturally, even stage 4.

Isn't great to have hope! Again, I truly wish doctors were more informed about nutrition. I remember 4 years ago mentioning the important role of vitamin D3 in cancer prevention to my oncologist. She promplthy changed the subject and rolled her eyes. From what I understand there are hundreds of credible studies advocating the important role of vitamins such as cell apoptosis. Why is this not considered by many doctors? I also asked my oncologist if our exposure to chemicals was the reason for the rising numbers of cancer. Again, she rolled her eyes even though she washed her hands with natural liquid soap. In fact, everything in her office is natural. Funny that!The only thing she did advocate is rigorous exercise.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited October 2018

We all have the right to believe his claims or not. I think there is some value to what he says but I don’t for a second believe a change in diet can heal cancer especially Stage IV.

I’m betting we all know people who did everything “right” and still got BC. Several people I know are now Stage IV despite their healthy living. I’m a firm believer in moderation. I’m not avoiding red meat or sugar altogether but I do limit the amounts I consume.

I don’t fault anyone who believes a lifestyle change can and will impact your condition because to a degree it can but it’s not a cure.

I also agree the zillions pharmaceutical companies enjoy from peddling their drugs is annoying at best but I went the conventional route and as of last August I am 7 years out. No guarantees of course because there aren’t any but I am guardingly optimistic.

For the record I never considered going an alternative route. I wasn’t willing to play Russian roulette with my life. BC is an insidious complicated disease and I chose to yield to my medical team for treatment. I didn’t want to look back and say what if..

Diane

• 1redgirl
    1redgirl Member Posts: 94
    edited October 2018
    I am just finishing Radical Remission. I would recommend. What strikes me is that whatever the method embraced, the patient must really believe it. So if you pray do you really believe it works? It seems the cases followed in this book all had a strong belief in their decision making.

I also am finishing Tripping over the Truth. This is an amazing book that all people should read to understand the origins of the cancer research. It is a comparison of the two views of the origin of cancer. Most would need to read it a couple times and get more familiar with cell terminology. I found a blog by a doctor and his doctor wife that tell of their cancer journey and his views of this book. Please note the opinion by MD Anderson at the end regarding sugar.

https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2017/02/20/tripping-over-the-truth/

I rarely post on this board because of the pushback from naysayers regarding more holistic routes. Cancer patients should avoid negativity.

BTW, I have lost 39 lbs removing carbs and sugar from my diet. I still bike 30 miles a day. I still fast over 13 hrs a day. I do take some supplements. My joint pain. No headaches. Never felt better. It is all I could ask for at 66.
  • Lantana70
    edited October 2018

I totally agree Redgirl, you really have to believe, with all your heart and soul, in whatever you are doing. Natural and integrative therapies are not for the faint hearted! I have heard about the book Radical Remissions.

The only thing that upsets me is that some people don't seem to believe people have cured their cancers naturally. There are thousands of credible and amazing testimonials, these people are not making it up.

I am happy to hear that your lifestyle change is making you feel healthier, what a bonus! I will certainly check out your link.

All the best and I think it's important to spread the message of hope. Cancer does not have to be a death sentence.

• sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289
    edited October 2018

I, BELIEVE....Liz

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited October 2018

So Lantana where can we find those thousands of people who have cured their cancer naturally? I am curious to read their testimonials but only the ones who aren’t selling their miracle cures.

Diane

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,675
    edited October 2018

I do believe that people have experienced remission or even cures without conventional treatment. Where I run into doubt is that they truly have no way of knowing what caused the remission/cure. Testimonials are simply anecdotes.As someone on bco once stated, “ The plural of anecdote is not data.”

• WC3
    edited October 2018

I do believe there are likely spontaneous cases of remission and I do believe thar there may be some people who did manage to cure their cancer with diet or lifestyle changes, possibly herbs or supplements or some combination of the above, but exactly what cured them or sent them in to permanant or long term NED status can usually not be pinpointed and applied succesfully to others with a high degree or predictable degree of success, and those are two major differences between conventional therapies and non conventional "natural" therapies at this time.

This is also the case for many therapies that are in development. For example, T cell immunotherapy for breast cancer. There was one success. A woman who's extensive stage 4 breast cancer reverted to NED status. But despite only one success, this therapy still has promise because researchers know the magic ingredient was the T cells and they know why it might not have worked in the other trial participants, and they know that doing a better job of identifying the proper T cells might yield better results.

If a person drastically changes their diet, meditates, takes tons of poorly researched herbs and supplements and their cancer disappears, maybe it was something they did but it becomes impossible to determine exactly what.

As for believing...after I started chemotherapy and targeted therapy, my tumor softened significantly and I do believe the chemotherapy and targeted therapy is responsible for this. There is data supporting this and which breaks dowb the contribution of both the chemotherapy and the targeted therapy.

But I don't believe that believing in the chemotherapy and targeted therapy is a cause driving the effect.

If a person put a sharp knife to their hand, truely believed it would not pierce their flesh if they pushed it, and then pushed withca force sufficient to pierce their hand, the knife would indeed pierce their hand, and this is one way people on drugs like PCP, and illnesses like schizophrenia end up in the hospital.

An exception to this can be found in the realm of quantum physics. The sub atomic particles that constitute the atoms that make up the molecules of the knife are not stationary, the probability that they will momentarily occupy a location far from their typical locations, while exceedingly small, is not non zero. The probability that all of them will simultaneously occupy a location very far from their typical locations is significantly smaller, but also non zero.

In other words, the laws of the universe allow the knife to momentarily disappear out of your hand but the odds of this happening are incomprehensively small and there is no evidence that believing that it will happen will spare you from injury.

Even if we assume that belief in the powers of positive alone can significantly influence outcomes in the tangeable realm, this phenomena must too also be exceedingly rare and beyond the reach of most, and the insistence that a person can heal their cancer if they just believe implies that those who die from their cancer did not really believe enough, and constitues blaming the victim.

I have a relative who was just two years older than me who died from a rare form of stage 4 cancer. She did not forgo conventional therapies but believed she was going to beat it despite it's progression. This mentality did not save her, prevented her from taking advantage of hospice services, and prevented her from preparing her children for her death. She did not have a good death as a result, and I imagine it was quite shocking and traumatic for her children, who did not know their mother was terminally ill.

• WC3
    edited October 2018

My observations on the trustworthyness of those pushing natural cures vs. pharmaceutical companies...

I also have two other conditions, one rare, one common (thyroid problems). It's actually significantly easier to find reliable information for my rare disorder than my common thyroid problem. Because few people have ever heard of my rare disorder, most of the information has come fro researchers who have done peer reviewed studies on that disorder, and groups of patients with the disorder, who have gleaned their information from trial and error, where it is presented to others in the group and a consensus of what works for most and for what variants develops. We have a person who has formulated a diet, but she is clear that this is what works for her, and might not work for others, and she does not market it or profit from it.

Compare that to trying to find information for my thyroid problem and I am inundated with health gurus, most of whom do not have thyroid problems, or any credentials, formal or informal, trying to sell me books and diets on how I can cure my thyroid disorder naturally, and most don't provide any substabtiation for their claims.

There is one natural treatment for non iodine deficiency based hypothyroidism that can be said to work. Natural dessicated thyroid. It is dried, ground up pig thyroid gland and it works because the gland contains large amounts of readily available thyroid hormone. It is marketed under brands such as Armour and Naturethroid and the only hang up the conventional medical community has about them is older doctors worry about the potential for inconsistent dosing. Indeed, in the past, there has been dosing issues, however the companies claim to have rectified these issues.

• 1redgirl
    edited October 2018
    Please read Tripping Over the Truth. It is not an easy read, but the history of drugs, the politics, the egos, the power will explain a lot why cancer cure has gone nowhere. I can see why this book is so highly thought of by those looking for truth. It is NOT about recommending any sort of holistic approach. It is about how research works or doesn’t.

I will give one example. There are many. These are my words to condense the study. Rats with tumors were given a drug for a different purpose than cancer. The researchers noticed that the tumors were shrinking. They were excited and got advance money to consider the drug for cancer. Well they also noticed that the rats were losing weight while taking this drug. They determined it in fact was NOT the drug causing the tumors to shrink, but loss of appetite that shrunk the tumors. They believe some chemo drugs themselves are NOT causing tumors to shrink, but the loss of appetite is.

If you are an open minded person looking for any small nugget about the origins of cancer, this idea of tumors shrinking due to loss of appetite is fascinating. That brings about the idea of fasting which I think has merit. I fast 13 plus hrs daily.

BTW, I had breast cancer 25 + years ago when I was just 40. I just had surgery. Twice. Nothing else. Most would consider that I was cured. This year the cancer came back. I apparently was not cured as there is NO cure now for breast cancer. There seems to be many incidences of cancer going dormant and in some cases a long time. Often people die of other causes.

I DO NOT accept that I should not care about the reason for my cancer. Doctors do not want patients to care about origin. That is just plain nuts, and frankly a big reason research has been stymied and blinded by a bandaid solutions that just make big pharma rich. It seems to be all about bringing on the next drug. BTW, I worked as did my husband for years for a big drug company. I know the business model well. I was the employee reaping the rewards. Now I am the patient. I am no longer blind.

Buy the book. Pass it on.
  • WC3
    edited October 2018

redgirl1:

I don't doubt your experiences with big pharma. I acknowledge fully that there is a large profit driven component. Some of this is necessary, some of it is greed. But there are also a lot of people on the research end who are working to better lives because they truely want to, or because they want greatness, or for job security, none of which are bad if good things for those afflicted by certain conditions come of it.

It would be easy to determine if the effect of a cancer drug is from the drug itself or weight loss from it. It would be a cheap study if the drug is already on the market and there are a lot of PhD candidates who need a research topic for their thesis and can't think of one.

• 1redgirl
    edited October 2018
    Some years ago, when staying with my sister to help with my mom that was dying, I helped my BIL , a bond broker, read biotech prospectus. I read so many and in fact did invest as well. I got very involved in the bio tech IPO movement which at that time was intense. I was naive going into that research and really stayed naive for several years. I believed they were all wanting to do good. A few were big winners, but most just stole investor money with outrageous promises. Researchers are paid to go in certain directions with their research. So they must come up with results, or the money stops. At the moment, the money is backing research pretty much in one direction. It has been that way for decades. Drugs have been approved that make slight short term improvements combined with other drugs. The problem is the rabbit hole they are going down cannot come up with any cure, because each cancer has little in common with
    another’s cancer. So every case is unique. Again, read the blog and book I recommended.

Just a thought. When I was growing up, decades ago,most kids had cold cereal for breakfast. There was only a few, and none had tons of sugar added. Many kids also ate hot cereal that was basic oatmeal. My mom would allow a touch of brown sugar added. Today kids are eating cereals with tons of sugar. Everything has tons of sugar to mask the salt content. Sugar is the enemy. Eating round the clock is also bad. Kids are exercising a lot less today. The bike trail behind my house is empty most days. I never see any kids. The cure for cancer is NOT more toxic drugs.

Should I tell you the history of chemo? So what is its origin? Where was it first used?

Thanks Wrenn.
  • ksusan
    ksusan Member Posts: 461
    edited October 2018

If we're looking at environmental contributors, plastics and the additives Environmental Working Group (EWG) tracks are all possible suspects.

My mother, sister, and I were all diagnosed within the same 5-year period (no BRCA or mutations that can be tested for). No one else in the extended family tree has ever had breast cancer. I think it's likely that there was at least an environmental trigger.

• Lantana70
    edited October 2018

To answer your fair question, Edwards. I do personally know a woman here in Australia who cured her breast cancer naturally at a clinic in Turkey. She did juicing and coffee enemas and guess what- the tumour disappeared and she is still alive 5 years later.

You can log into Chris Beat Cancer website and watch the testimonial videos. Also, check out the series, "The Truth About Cancer", and Suzanne Somers book ""Tocksick"I honestly believe their stories, I just feel it in my heart. A lot of these people were told that chemo would only extend their lives a bit and that there was nothing else conventional treatment could do for them. Therefore, they turned to natural therapies. I guess that happens a lot.

Here's a question, what about the effects of chemo killing thousands?

Just food for thought.