Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Miracle 6 months after diagnosis

Options
PurpleHair
PurpleHair Member Posts: 17
edited October 2019 in Alternative Medicine

I was diagnosed in March with Stage 2b HER2+, ER+100%, Left breast tumor 1.5 cm, 3 affected lymph nodes in armpit, the largest was 3 cm. Type was Aggressive. I had four oncologist tell me it is impossible to get rid of this type of tumor using natural methods. They said if I delayed chemo the tumor will double in size within 2-3 months. I am 50 years old, asian female.

I refused conventional treatment because I intuitively knew I could heal naturally. I also I don't have a strong fear of death due to a spiritual awakening I had in 2012 so I took a different approach that I felt more comfortable with. I use CBD cannabis oil and natural supplements as well as juicing and eating organic fruits and vegetables. My weight has gone from 160 lbs at diagnosis to 135 lbs today. Most importantly I use meditation and energy work to clear my body of deeply stored emotions of grief, lack of self-worth, anger, fear. My journey has been amazing so far and I am so grateful for this experience. My lifestyle has changed significantly for the better.

It's been 6 months now and my most recent CT scan shows the tumor is completely gone. They can not detect it to give it a measurement. The largest armpit lymph node is 30% smaller now measuring 2.1 cm instead of 3 cm. I feel really great physically mentally and emotionally. Very strong and self empowered. I have no idea if sharing this helps anyone. I have much compassion for anyone having to deal with cancer. The last thing I want to do is shame or make anyone feel dis empowered because they made different choices. There are no right/wrong choices, where you are is exactly where you should be. Not matter what you do, don't let self doubt take hold you have to be your #1 cheerleader. If anyone is interested in talking to my experience I am open to it. Send me a private message. I know when I was first diagnosed and wanted to opt out conventional treatment I would have loved to talk to someone about it who has gone down the same path. God bless!

NOTE FROM BREASTCANCER.ORG MODERATORS:

Stepping in to say that Breastcancer.org respects the choices of our members, however we do not recommend or endorse alternative treatment. Complementary medicine is not alternative medicine. Complementary medicine is USED WITH evidence-based conventional care. Alternative medicine is USED INSTEAD OF conventional medicine.Because complementary medicine can be combined or integrated with conventional medical treatment, it is also called "integrative medicine." We encourage you to talk with your doctors, and understand the research before making your treatment decisions.

Complementary and Holistic Medicine

Comments

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited September 2018
    Options

Why private messages? Please share discussion in the threads so everyone can benefit from the miracle in the open threads.

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited September 2018
    Options

You must have had a biopsy on your tumor. What kind of cancer was it ILC, IDC? Was your CT scan a breast MRI? I am very intrigued and curious about CBD oil. I have a Japanese friend diagnosed with a brain tumor but fortunately not cancerous. She did have surgery and prognosis was ok not great but she started with alternative treatments specifically reducing acidity and impurities in her drinking water and changed her diet and she is doing really well.

For me my weight, diet and exercise were all pretty good. Nothing specifically to change but I was under extreme emotion distress mostly from my husband. I think addressing this has helped me and I hope it has a role in preventing the return of my cancer.

Anyone care to comment about CBD? Any reasons to avoid it. I am not a real supplement taker but I am curious about CBD.

• PurpleHair
    edited September 2018
    Options

Regarding the CBD oil question. I use this RSO strain called Tsunami Sour which is a high CBD strain that I get from a local dispensery (I live in Everett, WA near Seattle). I'm not an expert on cannabis but personally really like taking it. I helps me deeply relax so I can go further and deeper with my meditation and energy work. Scientifically there is evidence it kills cancer tumor cells. I feel that the emotional release of trapped trauma and heavy emotions in the body is more important towards healing. I approach it holistically but give 80% emphasis on the energy/emotional clearing work and 20% emphasis on lifestyle (diet/ supplements/ exercise). The CBD oil assists in both in my experience. And my experience is just that. Everyone has their own experience. No judgement. Do what your heart guides you to do.

Regarding your other question, I had both a breast MRI and a core needle biopsy done. As wells as PET CT/ and CT to check for metastasis. I also had genetic testing (all negative for BRCA mutations) Here are the biopsy results:

FINAL DIAGNOSIS:
    A: Left breast, 1.4 cm mass at 7 o'clock, ultrasound-guided core biopsy:

Invasive carcinoma with the following features:

Histologic type: Ductal carcinoma, not otherwise specified.

Histologic grade (Nottingham histologic score): High, 3 of 3, (score 8

of 9).

Tubule formation: Poor, 3 of 3.

Nuclear grade: High, 3 of 3.

Mitotic rate: Intermediate 2 of 3.

Lymph-vascular invasion: Not identified.

Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS): Absent.

Immunohistochemical studies for estrogen/progesterone receptor

expression, HER-2/neu overexpression and proliferation index

determination (Ki-67) will be performed and reported in an addendum.

B: Left axilla, 3.1 cm mass, ultrasound-guided core biopsy:

So based on the above information my oncologists (four of them since I kept interviewing until I found one that was more positive and supportive of my choices) tell me the tumor would not go away without treatment (chemo, etc). You would not believe how doom & gloom some oncologists can be. And they get very pushy and negative if you refuse chemo. They tell me "you will regret this and you will die" and "you have 2-3 years to live without treatment" I recorded my conversations with them just for kicks. My current oncologist (the 4th one) is great...she did say the cancer won't go away without chemo but she said "not likely" instead of being more definitive like the others and she is not pushy with the chemo like the others. Her name is Dr. Ellis with Seattle Swedish Cancer Institute. I like her a lot. But again, I put no faith in her. She is there to support me on my journey but my faith is in myself and God. I chose not to give my power away to doctors, not even naturopaths. I have seen 3 naturopathic doctors and have not followed all their advice, I just get their input and recommendations, try out some and make changes or stop doing what I don't feel my body wants or needs. If you followed every natural therapy advice out there you would be too overwhelmed and stressed out which is counter productive. I listen to my body and intuit what is best.

I am not a doctor (thank goodness) so what they tell me is like "blah blah blah" and I pay attention to only information that is supportive of my experience of life. I have a very positive outlook on everything, even cancer. I call it my "little teacher" since I have learned so much from it. I just don't let doubt and fear take root in my consciousness. My mind is a revolving door, if a thought is fearful or limiting, I thank it and show it the exit door. If the thought is supportive I welcome it in for a longer stay. The mind is powerful and plays a huge part in health and well being. Love yourself, love ALL of yourself. That's key. That's what my little teach has taught me to do.

• bluepearl
    bluepearl Member Posts: 133
    edited September 2018
    Options

Anecdotal miracle cures do not impress me. Positive thinking has been a real burden to cancer patients and has been clinically proven to be not helpful with or without a cure. Spontaneous remissions do happen. Denigrating the hard years of training, scientific research, personal sacrifices to help fight this disease doesn't impress me either. Doubt and fear in the hearts and minds of cancer patients is normal and acceptable; everyone finds a way of coping with it and it isn't a matter of "not letting". It is a matter of learning coping skills. This often comes through various types of support systems. If you are NED, I am happy for you but there are many thousands of women popping pills, taking infusions, going on diets, going towards organics, changing religions/becoming more religious, trying to remain positive and following their gut feelings and they still die, often enriching hucksters and snake oil salesmen by the dozens. What has proven to reduce cancer deaths is conventional, well-researched treatments. Some cultures have absolute belief that voodoo cures or curses, but I wouldn't recommend it. I hope you remain NED from now on. From PubMed "Spontaneous cancer remission is a rare phenomenon in which a cancer is reduced or disappears without treatment , . In breast cancer, a healing phenomenon has been reported where intraductal lesions are completely replaced by fibrous components. In one study, this healing phenomenon was confirmed in 7% of specimens obtained during breast cancer surgeries, suggesting that spontaneous breast cancer healing might occur more frequently than expected ." In short, you may be one of the 7% and had nothing to do with anything else. Interestingly, the woman they described had the biopsy and that is where it began.

• WC3
    WC3 Member Posts: 658
    edited September 2018
    Options
    PurpleHair:

Please post exactly what supplements you took and your diet plan. I’m curious to know exactly what you did as I too did many of the things you listed as a matter of lifestyle and my cancer still developed and grew in that time. After my diagnosis I ate even healthier and my tumor continued to grow, and grew half a centimeter in a month before I started chemo. So I am very curious to see what we did different.
  • meow13
    edited September 2018
    Options

purplehair, I live in Renton wa. There is a place, a cannabis dispensary, near valley medical center. I will check it out.

• meow13
    edited September 2018
    Options

I was told given my oncodx score of 34 I really should do chemo as prevention for recuurence. Well I didn't do it. So far it hasn't come back. Going to give CBD a try.

• PurpleHair
    edited September 2018
    Options

Thank you BluePearl you make very valid points. There IS a small percentage of cases of miraculous remission and 7% seems higher than I thought so that's great, heck if you round up that's almost 1 in 10. Before my miracle happened, I read a book called "Radical Remission" by Dr. Kelly Turner. My naturopath recommend this book in April. Dr. Turner's book documents cases of many cancer patients that walked away from conventional therapy and were able to cure themselves (many were stage 4 and were sent home to die). She identified common characteristics in all the cases which were positive lifestyle and mental/emotional transformations.

I felt so awed and inspired after reading that book. I thought to myself if these cancer patients experienced such amazing remission when they changed their lifestyle and mental/emotional outlook on life, then I could too. I can be one of these rare people because the common characteristics they had were very much in resonance with how I wanted to live my life. So I embarked on my healing journey with this goal in mind...to experience miraculous healing. I didn't know exactly how things were going to unfold but I felt hopeful and very excited. I never once felt sorry for myself or felt victimized by life dealing me an unfair hand. I just feel all adversity in life is a chance to exercise my soul's desire to express unconditional love and deep gratitude for life. To experience the hand of God in all aspects, in sickness or health. This extreme optimism and positive outlook is one of the characteristics of radical remission that Dr. Turner identifies in her book.

And maybe for the other 9 out of 10 who are angry and fearful about their situation, there is still hope of radical remission. It starts with Radical Acceptance. Just to unconditional love yourself right where you are at. Love yourself and allow the grief, rage or despair to flow up and out for healing. I had to let go of a lot of deep heavy emotions too. While I was consciously very upbeat about my little teacher the cancer, I discovered through meditation and energy work that I also had a lot stuff buried deep from past trauma that came up to the surface for my unconditional love and acceptance. The process of releasing these deep emotions was so uncomfortable at first, really really awful to be confronted with all that. Words can not describe; I had to really surrender completely. But as I released I felt my energy purging and my body felt lighter and eventually deep peace came over me. That was when the real healing began for me and I am still learning about myself and discovering the depths of my own soul. It's so amazing....the heart is magnificent. It can shatter to a million bits and become stronger, wiser and more powerful. My cancer healing journey has been a journey through my own heart.

• PurpleHair
    edited September 2018
    Options

Reply to WC3. My heart goes out to you and anyone struggling with the healing journey with all the twists and turns. Just trust yourself, trust your body, and breathe into your heart space as much as possible. Your body is not betraying you by being sick with cancer, it is communicating an important message. My experience (what I intuit to be true to me) is that healing is 80% energy/emotional and 20% what you do with diet/exercise/supplements and yes, even conventional treatment. I'm not against surgery, chemo, etc. I just feel that for me, what my soul wants to experience is another path for me. Having said that, I did initially look for the lifestyle cures like diet supplements, alternative therapies. It was the gut reaction but it evolved into something far more profound. I just listen to my heart/intuition every step of the way and I don't regret or doubt even if I try something and give it up, I don't regret having tried it because it lead me to the next step and so on. You ask about the specifics of my protocol:

Currently: I take 500mg per day of CBD Oil, I mix the RSO with a tablespoon of MCT oil to make it easier to take. I do a coffee enema mixed with some Esaic tea once a day.

Other supplements I take daily are: Modified Citrus pectin, prescription strength multi vitanmin Safe & sound brand, digestive enzymes, tumeric curcumim, dandelion root, milk thistle and Esaic tea.

Diet: I eat mostly 50% fruits and 20% vegetables, 10% organic eggs chicken or turkey, 10% fish and oils/butter, 10% whatever I want like rice, pasta, white bread, popcorn, cookies (YES, live a little). I also drink 12 oz of either green juice (kale, spinach, celery, ginger, apple) or carrot/beet juice per day.

I also do my meditation and energy work daily for 2 hours. This really is the practice that I attribute to mainly my healing. I allows me to be in a state of inner peace with everything that's happening around me, and often times I am in a state of incredible bliss and well being. This state of energy or relaxed mind is very healing for the body.

When I was first diagnosed in March I did a lot more juicing and was on a more strict diet with absolutely no cheat foods. I found the website ChrisBeatCancer.com and signed up because Chris Wark cured himself of stage 3 colon cancer with diet and nutrition and I wanted to do the same. I went hard core for 2 weeks with this heavy juicing protocol. There a lots and lots of incredible testimonials on his website. I watched all of them because they were so inspiring and really helped me stay positive. Here is a link to Chris' website where he interviews a woman who cured herself of stage 4 breast cancer with cannabis oil (you have to put his website address and a "/" in front of this:

how-april-healed-stage-4-breast-cancer-in-3-months/

Then in April I went to see a naturopath Dr. Duhon at Advanced Medical Therapies in Seattle. Dr. Duhon got me vitamin C IV treatments, hyperbarric oxygen chamber therapy, and a strict ketogenic diet which is very low carb. I did this for 3-4 weeks until I felt my body rebelling against it. My blood pressure shot up and I didn't feel good after the IV therapy. I'm sure it helps people but I felt intuitively that it wasn't entirely for me, or at least what I did was enough and it was time to move on.

By May I had lost 15 lbs from all the diet changes. Then I got a PET CT scan which showed no progress by the cancer, the size of the tumor was stable so I felt what I had done so far was at least stopping the cancer. But I also felt these alternative protocols were too restrictive and my soul wanted more balance. I was drawn towards doing more energy work. Around this time I also started doing a heavy CBD Oil protocol and sometimes took 1000 mg/day. This got me pretty relaxed and high to a point where my daily meditations took a turn towards deeper and more intense emotional release. One time I felt raw emotional energy of fear, anger and sadness literally stream out of my body so intensely that I was screaming in discomfort. I had to let go and surrender. I felt like I was dissolving to a million pieces. But hours later I came out of it so incredibly light and clear and in such a state of peace. It was a transcendent experience.

Intuitively, I knew that was a major turning point. That somehow I was energetically healed and in balance and it would only be a matter of time before this new state of being would manifest as remission of my cancer. From that point on, I lived my life as if I was cured. I ate a balanced diet and continued with the current more relaxed protocol which is more like just living my life in a healthy way and not doing something temporarily restricting things because I still needed to heal. I felt in my mind that I was already healed and I just have to live life as the new lighter, happier and care free me that doesn't have all that emotional baggage in my body. I even continued to lose weight as I found I was not eating as much. I felt so full and content that I no longer turned to food for comfort. Sure enough in September I had the recent CT scan that showed the tumor disappeared. I was so happy to see it physically manifested. Deep gratitude flowed through me.

The days before the CT scan, I really wanted to manifest a miracle. I worked with an energy healer to help me focus on releasing any resistance to healing. Believe me, there is resistance to healing as there is resistance to death. It's a discord within the psyche. On the one hand there is resistance to death and dying of some painful disease, but on the other hand there is lack of self-worth and confidence that I could heal against such seemingly gloomy odds. Part of me felt unworthy and powerless. So I did visualization at both ends, the worse case scenario and the best case scenario. Feeling into each situation and allowing any discordant energy to emerge, then sending unconditional love and acceptance to what comes up and integrating all into the heart. The ultimate goal was to release resistance to the possibility of either. The resistance creates attachment that restricts energy. When we are attached to an outcome, i.e wanting something happen or not happen there is often hidden fears and insecurities underneath. My energy work brings up these hidden fears so that I become more peaceful and neutral. This state of being is extremely powerful for manifesting the highest outcome. Where the mind goes the body will follow. In my case, when I removed resistance to healing or not healing, I got my mind to be open for a miracle to manifest. This is all very mystical woo woo stuff I know. But it's my real experience and truth so I'll just share it. I'm not religious. We are spiritual beings. Everything is energy even our bodies. We can access this greater part of ourselves. For me, healing the cancer was my incentive to do this inner work to open my heart and free my mind. For that I am very very grateful. It's all about self love, self worth, self acceptance, self empowerment. A journey of the soul.

• exercise_guru
    exercise_guru Member Posts: 333
    edited September 2018
    Options

I appreciate that you shared your story. I think it is very important to allow others to share their journey. I have recently read some wonderful articles about flaxseed broccoli Sprouts and mushrooms. May I ask if you Incorporated any of those into your diet as you were trying to recover.

Also because you shared your heritage I am very curious if you were a vegan before diagnosis or afterwards.

I have read some wonderful effects also a fasting with a vegan diet to shrink tumors have you read anything about that or participated in anything of that nature?

I so appreciate your willingness to put yourself out there and I hope that you will disregard criticism of others. It is your life and your journey and you're allowed to do it your way.

• Amica
    Amica Member Posts: 237
    edited September 2018
    Options

PurpleHair

Power to you. I find your story and experience interesting and thought-provoking. I am currently reading "Radical Remission" and also "Anti-Cancer Living." I believe there are natural ways we can harness our body's natural healing abilities and help our own immune system fight the cancer, and both of these books highlight similar strategies.

I'm concentrating on making small, but yet huge changes, gradually, so I don't over-whelm myself. Like filtering my water, yup, I have been drinking water straight from the tap. And reducing my intake of sweets a lot. Eating more fruits and vegetables. I carry a crystal stone with me to difficult stressful medical appointments, and have imbued it with healing and serenity significance for me. Just holding it comforts me. I plan to start juicing some greens. Like many people, I have had a lot of pain in my life, and whether or not it played a role in my breast cancer, it certainly doesn't hurt to try to "release" it or at least make peace with some of it perhaps.

Anyway, wishing you well and continued good health.

• PurpleHair
    edited September 2018
    Options

Thanks exercise_guru for your open mindedness. I did consume all raw vegan broccoli sprouts, mushrooms and flaxseed when I was following the ChrisBeatCancer.com protocol back in the March time frame for 2-3 weeks. Chris is all about raw vegan and juicing. His protocol is great. Like I said in my earlier posts there are lots and lots of testimonials on his website about how raw vegan and juicing is curing the most advanced cancers.

My journey took a few twists and turns and evolved into a more balanced diet and more emphasis on meditation/energy work. So I eat vegan some days, and some days I don't depending on what I feel like eating. I have no set rules besides doing what feels good. That was what I was guided to do and it feels more care free less restrictive. That's just me. I can't go hard core vegan and juicing like Chris for very long without feeling restricted. But I am really very into energy work. That's my passion so I follow that path more. Some people are more passionate about being raw vegan and juicing. There are more than one healing path.

The important thing is to be strong in your center and follow your heart. Give yourself some breathing space to relax and feel a state of well being despite what your scans or labs have shown in the past. From that state of well being you will gravitate towards what the next step is. Making decisions in a contracted state of fear and self doubt is also a perfectly valid path also. Don't doubt yourself. There's no right or wrong. It's still a healing journey no matter how you do it. It's less about fighting and more about surrendering. Any step you take you will experience more and more of the true self, our resilience, our courage, our gratitude for life and others, our beauty. It's all pretty awesome and such a paradox. It tears you down and build you back up to a higher way of being. I would never wish this cancer journey on my worst enemy, but WOW it's been an absolutely profoundly rewarding experience because of the deep self love within that I would have not discovered otherwise. Now, I can really say I love myself unconditionally and it would be the truth, not awkward and hollow. Before the cancer I was very self critical. I felt like I wasn't good enough and had to prove myself to earn self worth, always seeking approval outside of myself. I wasn't comfortable in my own skin, I was a bit of a doormat always putting other people's needs and desires before my own. Now I am completely transformed, more joyful and content with life in the present moment. I can just be and not have anything to prove. The journey continues because there is no end to self love. It keeps getting better and better as I go deeper in the heart.

• Dhanno
    Dhanno Member Posts: 33
    edited September 2018
    Options

Purple Hair

Thanks for sharing your journey . I also feel that the body has capacity to heal itself . Do keep us updated with your future progress .It is extremely courageous of you to avoid conventional treatment and take the risk .

• DATNY
    DATNY Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2018
    Options

Purplehair, thank you for sharing your experience. Myself, I went through all treatments, but, if my kids would have been older, I would have tried my own thing, as you do.

Please note that my conscience tells me to encourage you to look for conventional treatment. Cancer, be it suppressed by conventional treatment or spontaneous remission, can always come back. Coming back rates for spontaneous remission are very high as compared to those of cancer treated by conventional treatments. That's a part not often discussed in spontaneous remission literature.

Personally, I think that even conventional treatments work prety much similarly as spontaneous remission: they trigger a response of the immune system. For instance, surgery to remove cancer is common practice, but I think that surgery in any other part of the body will have pretty much the same effect on cancer. Surgery is major trauma, activates the immune system, which can then clear up cancer wherever it is.

So, at the end of the day the question is how can one awaken his/her immune system. Losing weight requires fasting, which is a method well known to achieve this, as described by "Longevity diet book". Exercise, among others, produces zillion microinjuries which requires repair, so once again, the immune system is activated. Same with acupuncture.

One thing I disagree with is that your "positiveness" has anything to do with spontaneous remission. I think it is the other way around. Only people with your set of mind persist in following the path that you are taking. That's why this is a common characteristic. But this trait won't help you to cure yourself. Lots of of us who are taking conventional route are just like you, upbeat and sure they've got the "beast", albeit using a different "weapon". Unfortunately studies have shown that mental state doesn't really make a difference. Depressed, miserable people get cured at the same rate as positive ones.

In any case, thank you for documenting your process. I think cancer can be treated by other methods along with conventional treatment and we need to learn as much as possible from people like you.

But, to be at peace with my conscience, I have to end up with a recommendation for looking into conventional treatment.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited September 2018
    Options

Totally agree Datny. I went the conventional route. Frankly I never considered doing otherwise. No I’m not brainwashed I just didn’t want to do what I considered to be playing Russian roulette with my life. My viewpoint.

Steve Jobs is the example I think about when considering alternative treatments. As you know he had cancer and elected to go the non-conventional route. His family begged him to do otherwise. By the time he decided to do that it was too late. He even held a press conference and advised cancer patients not to do what he did in bucking the convention treatments.,

To each her/his own but I for one don’t buy into these so called miracle cures. All of us probably need to make better lifestyle choices but to suggest or claim that’s what it takes to beat cancer is just delusional. The bottom line is whichever way you go there are no guarantees.

Btw I’m 7 years out last month. I had a lumpectomy, 33 radiation treatments and 5 years on Tamoxifen. I had IDC, Stage 1b, Grade 1 and an Oncotype score of 11.

Diane

• PurpleHair
    edited September 2018
    Options

Thanks Amica, I wish you much love on your journey. As I do everyone regardless of their choices. Honor all choices and all paths. There is no right or wrong way. Really feel into that, breathe into that and feel whatever comes up for healing, self judgement, guilt, regret, rage, fear, self doubt or whatever feelings about your situation and condition that gets in the way of opening up to your own heart. Feel the feelings and emotions and allow them back into the heart. The body is a miracle. The breath is a miracle. You are a miracle. You are an expression of God's unconditional love, in sickness or health you are that love. Let that love flow through you. Just try this. Look in a mirror, look deeply into your own eyes and say " I love me. I love all of me." Do this for a minute of two each day. Feel what comes up and embrace it don't close your heart to what comes up. Really be with yourself, allow that.

If we just honor our choices right where we are. Leave others to honor their choices. Share our stories as an act of love without any expectation, like an artist paints a painting to share a part of herself. Appreciate each other's stories without expecting them to be any different than what they are.

In my story, and it's just my story to share in this art gallery of life, there is an elephant in the room to healing from cancer. To me it's that significant 80% (or possibly 99.9%) that we are either unconscious of or just don't want to go there. Believe me it's not easy going there, but if you just trust the power of the heart is will get you through the darkest parts. It's all the deeply buried part of us that needs our love and acceptance, deep within the cells of or body is all the weight of the world, the trauma, hurt, darkness, self judgement, insecurities, the fear of what if this or that happens, cancer progression or relapse, pain, death. It's dense energy that restricts our life force. Maybe releasing this is what REALLY heals and not whether we eat vegan or have chemo and surgery. I believe so. It's my story. I can definitely say it makes a difference to be in a state of peace, self love and acceptance. This state of being is freedom. We all die sooner of later. Living free while there is breath left feels so much better to the soul. Maybe my cancer's message is just my soul's way of seeking liberation while still in a physical body, so ultimately it is an act of mercy and redemption not an execution sentence.

Like I said before self love is the jewel, the reward, the purpose. Without it, life is pretty mundane. Self love is infinite, it touches the divinity in all hearts. I can definitely say it gets better and better as I practice allowing the love to flow and acceptance of whatever comes up. There is incredible bliss and peace beyond words. So spending a lot mental energy trying to convince yourself and others that this or that protocol natural vs. chemo is either right wrong best worst. It's missing the message and opportunity of incredible self discovery, of experiencing such wholeness and fulfillment that has no dependency on the outside world or conditions. This love is more real and powerful than anything in the manifested world, this is the power of self healing. And this is just my art, my story to share. That's all it is. Honor all choices. You are all powerful and wonderful. I can feel your hearts and it's just gorgeous, stunning and brings me to tears. I love you all. I'm going to have to tea and cookies now....blessings for a beautiful day.

• peregrinelady
    peregrinelady Member Posts: 416
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I am confused. You still have 2 cm of cancer in your lymph node, correct? I agree that diet and a healthy lifestyle are beneficial in fighting cancer, but I disagree with the whole emotional enlightenment aspect. Children are the most emotionally positive beings and yet they still die of cancer. Glad that you are feeling well and did some much needed emotional work, but implicit in your message is that if people clear their emotional baggage, they will be cured by a “miracle.” I am confused how you have experienced a “miracle” when you still have 2 cm of cancer in your lymph node.
  • exercise_guru
    exercise_guru Member Posts: 333
    edited September 2018
    Options

practiced a lot of mindful meditation through my treatment I'm not sure that I totally believe it would have cured me there definitely is a pharmacology element to all of this. The lymph node is really worrisome because the lymph system flow through your entire body and when combined with a tumor that has vascular blood flow science beliefs this is the primary pathway tumors become mestatic. I am very much a fan of mindful mediation and enlightenment. While I don't entirely agree with your approach there are elements to it that are worth your time. Ironically I have one friend who took the path that you did because she had mestatic cancer. she eventually passed away but she lived far longer than the doctors would have ever predicted. Doctors gave her 5 months and she made it over 6 years. I also have two friends who have passed away from breast cancer following the traditional treatment and it was heartbreaking to watch two very young friends die within 5 years. For myself I went the traditional route double mastectomy chemotherapy the works. But I wish I had known about the dietary element and the meditation element sooner it would have changed how I approached my active treatment and it certainly has changed how I have approached survivorship. I personally believe that once cancer is big enough to see on a mammogram or with diagnostic means the cells are more than likely all the way through our bodies. I am hoping that by following this regiment I am helping my body get rid anything that might still be in there and kill any tiny cancer cells before they can take off in the future. for myself I am truly hoping that chemotherapy killed anything that was left after surgery but this is a nasty disease and we all have to fight it the way that we see best.

I should disclose that my husband has a degenerative autoimmune disease that has no cure. The drugs are terrible. I have converted our whole family to the Mcdougall diet to try to help save his life and keep him out of a wheelchair. I wish I wish I wish I had done this when he was first diagnosed 3 years before I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Maybe just maybe my body might have been able to kill the cancer in the crib and I would never have even found this board. Alas I will never know.

If you are interested in exploring nutrition and diet in relation so Cancer here are a few things worth researching and maybe incorporating into your life.

I have read that vegans get far less cancer but they still get cancer. In studies even with humans..... eliminating all animal products slows tumor growth. I've also read that going very low protein is a good idea because protein really likes cancer. In "The China Study" by Campbell is fascinating. You might like reading it . It was a huge epidemiological study over all of China where they tracked certain cancers to diet. Campbell was a nutritional food scientist and through that study he changed his position. Spoiler alert Milk, Animal products and Oils are Bad.

There is a fellow named Victor Longo who is combining that with chemotherapy. He showed this in animal studies that it's significantly reduced a palpable tumor but didn't entirely clear it from the body. There are several studies using a fasting mimicking diet with Chemo in humans that are showing good results.

Even the more Wholefoods doctors who believe that by the time cancer is diagnosed it's already all the way through our bodies still recommend a lumpectomy at the least and removing affected lymph nodes. So it's important for me to give you that information. Personally I do not like tamoxifen but it has very good science that shows it slows the spread of cancer of the breast. I used to have quite bad side effects from it but now that I am on a Whole Foods vegan diet I don't really even notice that I'm on it. Maybe you could talk to your doctor at least to try tamoxifen if you are set against surgery. Personally I didn't think the surgery was the end of the world. I had a very good breast surgeon and recovered quickly. I would do that again in a heartbeat because I feel like getting the tumor out that was feeding the blood supply or the lymph node that was contaminated with the cancer was worth the risk. Chemo is a whole other story I'm not sure if they recommended it to you. For myself I fasted 5 days every day that I was in chemo because back then that was the only option I had based on the longo research. I also meditated I'm trying to keep my life as positive as I could to feed that energy that I do believe helps.

There are some good studies that show

four tablespoons of ground flax a day is beneficial for breast cancer that was in the breast cancer muffin study by John Hopkins

they also did a study with broccoli.sprouts showing that it I s very protective of the breast tissue. Since much of Asian Cuisine has the cruciferous family I would Feast on that.

Mushrooms are pretty critical as well if you'd like to move this thread to the alternative treatment part of the board I'm sure you would get a lot of suggestions and support

While I respect the spiritual journey that you're on trying to heal your body through enough, feeding your body the very best food that will create an environment that would the inhospitable to the cancer is very important for that enlightenment. if you choose dietary intervention go high high green vegetables cruciferous,fruit ( Asian Pears and apples are very good). Eat low-fat especially avoid all animal products and vegetable fat. Get your protein from Greens, Whole Grains and Beans. as far as I know that's the best diet scientifically to Aid in slowing the cancer growth. I have to disclose though that it has not shown to remove a tumor once it's achieved a blood supply.

I truly hope you beat this as I hope everyone on this board no matter their treatment choices beats this awful disease.

• Whirlaway
    Whirlaway Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2018
    Options

Purple Hair, wishing you good luck on your journey! We all need peace and acceptance.Heart

I had "heavy-duty" conventional treatment but also used complimentary treatments. CBD, broccoli sprouts, Probiotics, Tumeric, juicing, vegan diet (mostly) or very clean org. eating (which I always did) acupuncture, osteopath, Coriolis. Tai chi, some hypnotherapy/medidation. Also lots of exercise (cardio, weights) which I did before .I always had a very healthy life style and no history of cancer or genetic mutations, so I believe it's just random bad luck...

I think Steve Jobs also had a liver transplant and would have had to take immune- suppressant drugs.... 

It's a personal decision and no point second guessing!

• Bosombuddy101
    Bosombuddy101 Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2018
    Options

Fascinating topic! I've read that yoga and meditation is an excellent way to lengthen the telomeres. These telomeres are shoestring like tips at the end of DNA chromosomes. As we get older, the telomeres shorten and this is why our bodies deteriorate and why older people are more susceptible to diseases like cancer, Alzheimer, cardiovascular disease etc....

Sorry for my ignorance but what is CBD? By the way, Chris Wark did have surgery for his colon cancer but he refused chemotherapy and chose to follow a vegan or raw food diet?

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited September 2018
    Options

I've been practicing meditation and seeking spiritual enlightenment for 35 years. This has certainly helped my relationships and life journey. But I still got cancer, which runs in my family. Cancer is a genetic mutation. I never once considered not letting the medical experts treat me. And here I am NED after almost 7 years.

• Whirlaway
    edited September 2018
    Options

Bosombuddy 1 - CBD oil as in cannabidiol (CBD). It has lots of health benefits!

Yes, Chris had surgery but no chemo or rads. I believe it was stage 3. He started juicing / vegan diet. He is NED now but he was pretty young when we he got cancer. We will have to wait and see. I think I read somewhere his surgery alone for his solid tumor should have given him survival odds of 40 %. It would be different for blood cancers. Who is to say - some people survive with the most minimal odds and some very early stage breast cancer patients do not make it despite all treatment:(  

Wished there was an answer but cancer is complex and not one disease. 

• meow13
    edited September 2018
    Options

No family cancer history for me, no health reason. The only thing was emotional stress at the diagnosis time.

• pupmom
    edited September 2018
    Options

Meow, as someone mentioned earlier, if we could pin cancer on emotions, then happy go lucky little toddlers would never come down with the disease, which, of course, they do.

• meow13
    edited September 2018
    Options

toddlers rarely have breast cancer. I think I only heard of one case.

• pupmom
    edited September 2018
    Options

I've heard of many. Young children with cancer is the entire reason St. Jude's Hospital exists, for example.

https://www.stjude.org/

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited September 2018
    Options

Whirlaway - yes he did have a liver transplant because his pancreatic cancer had spread to his liver. He lived 2 years after the transplant.

As for second guessing himself of course it’s too late but his message was more about not going the non-conventional route he took. If your condition is fatal you should have the right to second guess yourself. Doesn’t change anything but still your right.

Diane

• marijen
    marijen Member Posts: 2,181
    edited September 2018
    Options

Peregrinelady wrote: I am confused how you have experienced a "miracle" when you still have 2 cm of cancer in your lymph node.

I wonder about this too. Although if the lymphnode was removed and it was found with micromets i.e. less than 2mm, it would still contain thousands of cancer cells. So how is this a miracle “yet”? And scans have been known to miss malignancies altogether...

• Whirlaway
    edited September 2018
    Options

Edwards, my second guessing point was meant in general (mostly for myself actually) and not referring to Jobs. 

• vl22
    vl22 Member Posts: 471
    edited September 2018
    Options

Juicing being “healthy" is a myth, let alone a cure for cancer. I mean no disrespect, but if you want to incorporate greens in your diet, eat them.