Join Us

We are 218,032 members in 84 forums discussing 160,858 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: ER-/PR+/HER 2-

Forum: Alternative Medicine —

This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Jan 1, 2019 10:14PM

Pararap wrote:

I am looking for shared experiences on chemo for a ER-/PR+ /HER2- BC. I have recently started my journey and still have a lot to learn. Because my tumor was a grade 3 (I've had a lumpectomy) drs are recommending chemo and are giving me a choice of either a dense dose of CMF or TC. Let me know if there is anyone out there with the same markers and what treatment did you have.

Thanks you so much

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jan 13, 2019 04:57PM - edited Jan 13, 2019 04:58PM by secondchancetoo

Hi Pararap,

I had a very similar diagnosis....very mildly PR+ tumor. I had a Mastectomy. While my posterior margin was close..... I refused chemo, frankly, because I did not feel it was the "right" choice for me. I will be 3 years out this month. Wishing you the best possible outcome.

Dx 12/13/2011, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/2/2012 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 4/16/2016 Mastectomy: Right Dx 4/20/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Jan 13, 2019 05:31PM Mncteach wrote:

My original biopsy was slightly pr+ and I am doing chemo. After some more testing they said they are treating me as Triple negative. I am doing 4ACy and 4Taxol

Dx 8/31/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/4/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 1/30/2019 AC + T (Taxol)

Feb 20, 2019 04:05PM Pararap wrote:

Hi Ladies- thank you for responding. I couldn't find my away around the site and missed your posts until now!

i started CMF but engaged in a conversation with a 3rd oncologist and he's telling me that CMF is not the right chemo for me but i should be doing AC+T instead so now i am SO confused.

my tumor was a grade 3 with Lymphatic Vascular Invasion.

Let me know if there is any advice or similar experiences

thanks!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)