Join Us

We are 218,032 members in 84 forums discussing 160,858 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Oasis of Hope!

Forum: Alternative Medicine —

This forum is a safe, judgement-free place to discuss Alternative medicine. Alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used INSTEAD of standard, evidence-based treatment. Breastcancer.org does NOT recommend or endorse alternative medicine.

Posted on: Jun 27, 2019 01:54PM - edited Jun 27, 2019 02:03PM by shgraser

shgraser wrote:

Has anyone had any experience or treatments at this place Oasis of Hope or with Dr. Castillo at a different alternative clinic in Tiajuana Mexico? My best friend is about to go for treatment for Stage IV mbc. She was on Ibrance for 3 years and then stopped responding to it. Now on Afinitor and Exemstane with terrible side effects. Pneumonitis is really bad. So she is now seeking alternative medicine.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jun 28, 2019 11:44AM - edited Jun 28, 2019 11:44AM by exbrnxgrl

I searched Oasis of Hope and am linking this thread for you. The thread has been inactive for 3 years but might have some info you can use. All the best to your friend

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/79/topics/720720?page=1

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Jun 28, 2019 03:55PM Cowgirl13 wrote:

My dear friend Anne went to one of these places. She was very, very happy with her treatment but then she passed away rather quickly.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the Devil says: 'Oh crap! She's up! Dx 5/28/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 6/18/2009 Chemotherapy 8/3/2009 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/21/2009 Hormonal Therapy 2/23/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 28, 2019 04:34PM ShetlandPony wrote:

I posted on your other thread. Why not get a second opinion and try a different treatment closer to home first? It seems like this experience has been so difficult that your friend is considering giving up on conventional treatment because of a doctor who is stuck on afinitor and not paying enough attention to quality of life or offering a different treatment. Am I missing something?

Consider combing a different conventional treatment (maybe Faslodex or the pill xeloda) with complementary therapies, for the best chance at good results, in my opinion.

2011 Stage I ILC 1.5cm grade1 ITCs sn Lumpectomy,radiation,tamoxifen. 2014 Stage IV ILC mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD

Jul 3, 2019 04:00PM cecyc wrote:

My brother went there for stage iv pancreatic cancer. They said they would not cure him of his cancer but would help him live a very long time. I am aware that his cancer was very aggressive but my idea of a long time was not one month which is exactly how long he lived after checking in to Oasis. It is hard to look at things objectively when you loose someone you love so much but we honestly think he was neglected. It wasn't until his last night that they told us that we needed to bring him to a hospital in the US because he had an infection and they couldn't help him. He passed away the following morning. We have heard wonderful reviews from other patients and I hope that your friend finds a treatment that can help her.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)