Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Rick Simpson Oil

Options
NamasteDoris
NamasteDoris Member Posts: 1
edited March 2022 in Alternative Medicine

Has anyone here tried the Rick Simpson Oil (cannabis product) for their stage IV/ mbc?

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,747
    edited June 2020
    Options

namasteDoris,

When you ask about trying RSO for stage IV MBC, what are specifically asking? Do you want to know if people have used it for symptom relief or used it with the belief that it might be a cure?

I have tried RSO for symptom relief but found that it was far, far too strong for me. You also are supposed to gradually increase the dosage (start with a bit the size of a grain of rice) which would simply render me unable to function in daily life, i.e. no driving, couldn’t work, etc. I have a very, very high THC tolerance and use cannabis in the evening for symptom relief, but following the RSO protocol would leave me a non-functioning zombie! Additionally, there is simply no peer reviewed scientific evidence to support RSO as a cure. Here is a good article. Take care

https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/articles/rick-simpson-oil-cancer-cure-or-cannabis-con-311790

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    edited June 2020
    Options

I was using RSO at bedtime. I stopped using it because I found several articles stating that rso is not good for hormone driven cancers.

• beatingbc
    beatingbc Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2022
    Options

Just the opposite actually. We all have c2 and cb2 receptors you need to "clean" those receptors by eating mango. Yes it is also partially true, but the ratio of thc/cbd 1:1 is best. Cristina Sanchez and a number of other researchers on the positive effects of rso are promising. I just do not understand so many people wanting the side effects of pharma drugs. Chemo and rads, cause cancer down the road, which happened to me. rads in the same place of cancer in 2019, but used in 2020 for pain, now it is 2022, and the cancer came back in those same areas. Using rso and my platelets are up, white and red blood cell count great and tumor markers down, so I am hopeful. Winston Churchill said never, never, never, give up.

• beatingbc
    edited January 2022
    Options

Again, if you would have done your research, it would tell you that using it as a suppository, for those of us that have to work, you would not have that issue. You stopped it because you were not well informed, or did not do appropriate research. Plus using it as a suppository, you get the maximum absorption rate to make the rso WORK.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited January 2022
    Options

Mods,

Sorry to bother you but can this topic be moved to the alternative forum, please? Will pm you too

• beatingbc
    edited January 2022
    Options

Yes, I have found that it has helped tremendously. I sleep full nights, I just started it Jan 8, 2022 est/prt+ neg her2. I was dx in 2016 with luminal a. Had a lumpectomy, Was on anstrozal from 2017 to 2019. Had 12 rounds of chemo and 17 straight days of rads. In 2019 September, the tumor marker were sky high. Another pet scan showed it all over, mets to bones. June 2020, rads for pain on lumber. Changed meds to ibrance/fasoldex Dec 2019. Tumor markers up and all though this times low white and red blood count. Plus, platelets really low. Dec. 2021, pet showed it has returned a 2nd time still mets, in the 4 of he same places. January 8th, 2022 after a lot of research, I started rso. Took as much as I could, using suppositories. Never an issue, because it bypasses the liver enzymes. Blood test on the 15th, after stopping conventional treatment because I needed to see my doc to get more chemo pills on the 17th of Jan, to be clear. I had done hours and hours of research. Got rso and started asap. Took the rso on that Saturday and slept the whole night not waking up. The pain in my spine was gone and I felt I had more energy. Go to get the blood test with tumor markers and all blood work was great, all notable counts were up and the tumor markers were down, just a bit. SO, after only a week using rso, my numbers improved. My doctor has supported my decision as I am in Spain and she is well aware of Cristina Sanchez., Speaker at many Colorado cancer conventions in the last few years regarding Cannabis to fight bc and I told her that I wanted to be a volunteer for the use of rso. I will post after visit on the 17th of Feb. with the results. March will have blood and tumor markers again PLUS a pet scan. Using ONLY rso, if it is indeed effective, the 4 spots should be gone. Hey, if not, I tried and will go back to conventional treatment, but I don't think that will be! Stay tuned. Just here to help. No negatives comments please, you all have the ability to do the same research as I did by scouring the internet for factual evidence that rso works. Search videos and it will all appear. I can't imagine people making false videos or other testimonials. Just looking for hope. Hope you are too. God Bless.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited January 2022
    Options

We are just asking that you post in the appropriate forum as this is how bco is organized. That is not negative. One of the nice things about support on bco is that most of us are very happy to post links to research so information is easy to access for all members. When this is moved to the appropriate forum, I hope your generosity of spirit will inspire you to post any links to research regarding RSO that you might have. Testimonials and data are interesting but not research. Ciao for now!

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited January 2022
    Options

If you can't imagine people making false videos or fake testimonials, you are going to be misled by all the people who do exactly that. Anyone can make a video saying whatever they want. Literally anyone, about anything. That's why it's so important to get medical information from known and trusted sources who have actual scientific research to back them up.

• beatingbc
    edited January 2022
    Options

That is https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/articles/rick-simpson-oil-cancer-cure-or-cannabis-con-311790 an old post and clearly states that it IS a great cancer alternative. It is also contradictive to what has been scientifically proven. All one needs to do is search scientic cancer cure, forget about what the negative people here are stating. perhaps they have stock in pharmaceuticals. Chemo was derived by mustard gas, it is approved to kill cancer and you too. Radiation targeted therapy is just a booster. Are you serious?

Forget
  • beatingbc
    edited January 2022
    Options

I have already posted the necessary information to research the positive effects of rso, perhaps if it was a pharmaceutical name, people may research that. A lay person, reading these posts are able to bring up data and that have been posted to support evidence, which has already been stated. You however, are unable to support you "cannabis basic" post which you stated you initiated on this site. Again, anyone at this stage is going to search and search and search for what they believe will help them. The majority of people that die of cancer, don't die of cancer, but die of the treatment, such as chemo and radiation. Radiation and the red devil. It is your choice to seek alternative measures. Which I have am tying to help other to do the research, it is as easy as 1, 2, 3, with the information I have provided you. Links and videos can be found with the names I provided. Clinical research, data and yes, testimonials from REAL people. It is absurd for you to state that people with terminal cancer would provide. There are endless tv stations also with videos including such documents, such as pet scans, side by side showing that rso cured them. ALERT - there are incidents where people did not survive and that is because the chemo or rads caused other issues and or they did not follow the protocol. I look forward to providing the results of using rso with no other treatments at the mid of February with docs and scans. I promise. You have my word. So if it worked for me and I am added to the thousands of other people, then you will see more people questioning conventional medical treatment. Again positivity is priceless, I am doing the best that I have ever been, throughout the last 6 years and I am not on any pharmas. Just saying. Never had to take pain meds or anything like that. Opiates are legal and kills milliions. Cannabis has never, ever killed anyone.

• beatingbc
    edited January 2022
    Options

Yes, and I have had positive results. Stage 4 mets. Now conventional treatments such as ibrance/fasoldex no longer working. Wnted to put me in a clinical trial. Started rso jan 8th, 2022 after a week of no med, because would not se my doc for 2 weeks because of the holidays. Just 5 days later I had my bloodtest and tumor markers. luminal a est/prt , her2 -. Told her, the doc what I was doing and only after 5 days, tumor markers are, white and red blood counts great and an increase finally after 6 years of platelets being low, next to anemia. Hoping this treatment works and will post again in mid feb 2022 and again in March when I get another pet scan and blood work with tumor markers done. I respect anyone whom wants to do what their body is telling them to do. Have hope and be positive and do not let others bring you down.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited January 2022
    Options

re: The analytical cannabis article. I couldn't find where it states that cannabis is a great alternative. It does appear that it is beneficial for managing side effects and I encourage folks who are interested to explore it for that reason. I would love for it to really be a cure but I'm afraid the science isn't there yet. No need to call those who are looking for science based research negative. We simply regard anecdotes as… anecdotes.

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    edited January 2022
    Options

Beating BC, you are not helping anyone with your insults. Please stop.

• AlwaysMeC
    AlwaysMeC Member Posts: 107
    edited January 2022
    Options

BeatingBC, I hope your update in February is positive. There's a local man here where I live that was unable to get his cancer meds during lockdown because he was stuck in another country. He was essentially doing a world travelling thing to enjoy his last few months or years. His story was on the local news and the local docs here all know of what happened and do not doubt that the RSO helped or even was the deciding factor. They just can't go on official record saying that it did because that would be irresponsible of them. He was using RSO without his meds during the lockdown. When he came back, his mets were gone. His story is still out on the internet and he has a blog, but I won't share because he seems to be inundated from people reaching out to him from all over the world.

I have read some of the articles and anectodes. There's also the story of the young model who used RSO and her mets went away only to have them return because she couldn't afford the cost. So in that respect it seems to be something that needs to be taken on a regular basis like the other drugs out there. Hopefully, the researchers out there get better funding and backing from big corporate money.

I think the others posting concern here are being cautious because there are some people who will take a story and run with it. They may think oh I can't get RSO, but this is good enough. Even worse they may try making it on their own. There are some pretty dangerous ways that people have come up with.

I believe you and believe in you. Best wishes and hopefully you find the cure you are looking for.

• beatingbc
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks AlwaysMeC for your reply and support, it is greatly appreciated. I'll let you know after the results next week.

You hang in there too.:-0 All the best.

• beatingbc
    edited February 2022
    Options

AlwaysMeC -

As I promised, as I want all to know what IS possible, I have great news. Since being on rso for little over a month, my doc was surprised to see all my blood counts to be much better than what they were the first test done only after a few weeks. Continuing....the second blood test and tumor markers are also good. All good levels. She even stated that to see the increase in important blood cell counts in less than 2 weeks after taking rso, as my last ibrance and fasoldex use was late Dec, 2021, show the immune system reparing itself, that is all she said. Plus, since i had 12 rounds of chemo in 2016/17 and then 17 consective rads in May of 2017, plus extra in my lumar for pain in June of 2020, it could take longer for the rso to repair all the damage done from those precedures. Those were her words. Again, she is super supportive and with her colleagues in Madrid - Dr.'s Cristina Sanchez and Manuel Guzman, she is eager to learn more. Tumor markers for general and bc, lowered by only a few points.. great at least they are not increasing.. After reading a lot of information on my specific dx estrogen/progesterone +, Her2 -, I am also going to use a ratio of cbd. Although, there is conflicting info with high thc and not using cbd and or the combination of both. I will see her again at the end of March with another blood test with tumor markers and a pet scan. I will them have had the full 90 days in by then. I was going to give you the name of the guy that made the extract for me whom is a great friend of rick simpson, but afraid they will delete the post. Just seek and you shall find. I plan on sticking with this and only time will tell. If it does not work then I will go the convential route with the next protocol. But not chemo, it will most likely be the next in line pill form for my type. It starts with a V, I want to say verm....something. Ibrance and fasoldex stopped working after only about 1.5 years. I wish I would have heard about rso/cbd, years ago, I might have not progressed to stage iv. God willing there is a cure. God bless all that read this and stay strong and positive. Good diet and support from friends and family, make a huge difference to those of us that need it.

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited February 2022
    Options

It is possible that being off Ibrance is why your blood counts rose. After a month off of Ibrance my blood counts returned to normal. They dropped again now that I’ve restarted Ibrance.

• Bonnie7
    Bonnie7 Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hello beating bc can u pse message me?

Thanks in advance!

(Edited to remove user's personal contact information. If you'd like to reach this member, please exchange contact information through Private Messaging.)