Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Does Reiki help?

Options
Fitmom04
Fitmom04 Member Posts: 40
edited March 2023 in Alternative Medicine

I was diagnosed in July with stage 1b, grade 2 IDC. I did chemo and radiation. while doing radiation I took my Reiki level I & II. I did self reiki every night at bed time. When I did radiation, they took x-rays and one day he said that is the best x-ray I've ever seen. I told him, he probably says that to everyone. He said no way, I haven't seen one this good. Well I will attribute it to my Reiki sessions that I did and keep doing. During radiation, I had no side effects whatsoever. I finished on Tuesday and back at work today. so does it work, I think so :)

Comments

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 736
    edited March 2023
    Options

If you think it is working for you, it may well be working for you. But that could be explained by the placebo effect or other factors.

As far as I know, there is not scientific evidence that reiki helps, nor is there evidence of harm.

My takeaway is that people who feel a benefit can appreciate it, but no one should put themselves to stress or financial hardship to access it, nor rely on it to the exclusion of evidence-based treatment when indicated.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,746
    edited March 2023
    Options

I agree with salamandra. I think that we all find differing levels of value in complimentary treatments. If someone feels enhanced by what they’re doing , it’s of value to them. If it appears to help that’s wonderful but in the absence of hard core data we’re mostly left with anecdotes.Anecdotal evidence doesn’t bother some people.Bottom line? If you find it helpful, it’s helpful 😊