We are 154,785 members in 79 forums discussing 122,561 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Just Diagnosed → Topic: need assistance

Topic: need assistance

Forum: Just Diagnosed — Discuss next steps, options, and resources.

Posted on: Nov 30, 2012 07:26AM

paramjeet wrote:

Dear members and any other people who are reading this. I have just had my surgery and the histopathology report says

Specimen:lumpectomy, left breast

Diagnosis: infirtilating duct carcinoma, (not otherwise specified) with ductal carcinoma insitu, intermediate grade, lumpectomy left breast.

Grade LL modified bloom and Richardson score-6

Maximum tumour diameter -3.3 centimter(atleast pT2)

DCIS:Nuclear grade-intermediate

Pattern: Solid

Necrosis-absent, within and outside the tumour


Percentage of entire tumour:1-2%

Lobular involvement:present




Extracellular mucin:5-10%

Perineural invasion-not identified

Lymphovascular invasion-not identified

Lymphocytic responds at tumour periphery-mild

Please,please suggest me what treatment should be done, i need your help

Log in to post a reply

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Log in to post a reply

Nov 30, 2012 07:31AM SaturnRing wrote:

From the sounds of it, You have IDC (Grade 2  - intermediate aggresiveness) and it is possibly stage II, Your report does not mention about the ER, PR receptors, HER status and nodal status.

Those are some of the things that decides your treatment plan. If you are ER / Pr + (which I think you are since ER/PR- tends to be aggresive and almost always Grade 3)then you might have Oncotype score determined to see if you will be a candidate for Chemo. Since you have had lumpectomy, I am sure they will plan Radiation treatments.

So bottom line, you need to meet with your team to get the full pathology report and go from there.

Aparna Dx 4/13/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 04/19/2012 Mastectomy (Both) Chemotherapy 05/17/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, Taxol Radiation Therapy 10/08/2012 External
Log in to post a reply

Nov 30, 2012 07:33AM proudtospin wrote:

sounds like you need a followup visit with the BS to really know but it sounds like treatment will be ordered, not in any way a doc so would not give you specifics

try not to worry, when do you talk the the BS?  you will likely be referred to a Medical oncologist and maybe a radiation oncologist as well

iris Dx 6/2008, DCIS, Stage 0, ER+
Log in to post a reply

Nov 30, 2012 08:11AM momof3boys wrote:

Very good things: no necrosis, no lymph vascular invasion (LVI)
I'm confused about the Lobular : present
Could be they found a small Amt of ILC?
Beesie should be here shortly to answer.....

BMX w TE reconstruction 11/11/11, 4 TC, 3/12, 25 Rads 5/12 Tamoxifin 6/12, Prophalactic hysterectomy 12/18/12, Oncotype 16 Dx 10/14/2011, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIa, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-