We are 224,960 members in 82 forums discussing 158,043 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: endometrial clear cell carcinoma/Florida

Forum: Mixed Type Breast Cancer — Meet others who have mixed type breast cancer.

Posted on: Feb 2, 2012 07:43PM

Laurie08 wrote:

Hi ladies- I am kind of taking a stab in the dark but here goes.  My MIL was diagnosed stage III endometrial cancer last year, now it appears it has spread to her lungs and she has enlarged lymph nodes which have grown in her last 2 scans.  Today we found out it is clear cell carcinoma which is highly aggressive.  She lives in Florida and has seen 3 Dr.'s everyone says wait and watch to see if it grows. (??!!)

So- does anyone have any knowledge or experience with edometrial cancer- anyone know of a  good onc/Dr in Florida?  She is not being proactive at all and I have a SIL who is trying to feel her way through things and find some sort of course to follow.  The Dr.'s say it is in a bad area to biopsy etc.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts/advice you may have to share.  Thanks!

Bilateral Mastectomy on 6/30/10 Exchange surgery 1/10/11 Dx 4/22/2010, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Feb 5, 2012 05:57AM quiche wrote:

Hi Laurie08: So sorry to hear about your MIL, how lucky she is to have you and your SIL to look over her. I don't have any info for you, but felt bad you didn't get any responses. I wanted to suggest that you post this on the Stage III breast cancer board. There is much more traffic there. (Us "mixed type" sisters are a rarer breed :-)

If you're going to doubt something . . . doubt your limits. Bilateral cancer, mixed types. Bilateral mets to nodes. Dx 4/21/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, 8/31 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 6, 2012 12:48PM Laurie08 wrote:

thanks so much for your post quiche:)

Bilateral Mastectomy on 6/30/10 Exchange surgery 1/10/11 Dx 4/22/2010, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)