Join Us

We are 217,588 members in 84 forums discussing 160,642 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: anyone else borderline phyllodes AND ILC

Forum: Mixed Type Breast Cancer — Meet others who have mixed type breast cancer.

Posted on: Mar 20, 2014 07:48PM - edited Mar 20, 2014 07:52PM by alisathemom

alisathemom wrote:

Just had a BMX about 10 days ago and am laughing at my pathology report which is oh so clear. I had a 70mm mass comrised of:

Invasive lobular carcinoma 2.5 cm worth (at least); 95 % est +, 90% pro +, her2 -

In situ lobular carcinoma,  (not too concerned about this), 40-50% of lesion

15- 20 percent or so fibroadenoma (not concerned about this either); AND

Borderline stromal tumor ("it is difficult to say if this proliferation is an unusual pattern of borderline phyllodes..." ); 30-40% of lesion

My favorite part: "Pathologic Staging: pT?, pN0 (i-) see comment"

Really?????? Anyhow, I am meeting my Medical Oncologist on 3.25, and she can interpret this mess for me. 

Anyone else with both ILC and borderline phyllodes? Did your treatment address the phyllodes at all? I had a BMX, so I am hoping that I can just now focis on the lobular cancer.

Thanks

Dx 2/14/2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 3/9/2014 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 3/18/2014, LCIS, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Mar 20, 2014 08:52PM aunt_paula wrote:

My understanding of Phyllodes is that it is actually a sarcoma (if the Phyllodes is malignant--I'm not sure about borderline), so "regular" (for lack of a better term) breast cancer chemo isn't the treatment of choice for it. Your MO will be able to let you know about that (I had a BMX in January because I was believed to have several Phyllodes tumors and other issues, but pathology showed that they were not PT.)

Surgery 1/29/2014 Mastectomy: Left, Right

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)