We are 224,900 members in 82 forums discussing 157,995 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I'm not sure where to post.........

Forum: Mixed Type Breast Cancer — Meet others who have mixed type breast cancer.

Posted on: Dec 16, 2018 07:05PM - edited Dec 16, 2018 07:31PM by Megan_C

Megan_C wrote:

Hello!

I'm new here and I'm not sure where to post on this board.I'm 31 years old I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in August. It is DCIS and Microinvasive ductal carcinoma. It is all in one breast and no where else in my body. I'm getting the works as far as treatment goes. I'm having 8 treatments of chemotherapy. I've already had 4 rounds of A/C and 2 of four rounds of Taxol. after Chemo, I will be having a double mastectomy, then radiation, then reconstruction. I just wanted to say Hello! :)

Megan

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Dec 16, 2018 07:12PM couragement wrote:

Hi Megan,

I am so sorry to meet you here but glad you found us, and I am so sorry you have had to experience this at such a very young age. How are you doing with the chemo? You sound strong and that you are nice and decided in your plans. I know going through treatment during the holidays puts a whole new spin on this time of year, but I hope the love is flowing your way in abundance. I am sending some your way right now.

May you have as much ease as possible with your treatments and may the holiday bring you good cheer.

xoxoxoxoxoxo!

May we all be well Dx 5/11/2016, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 6/10/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 8/15/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 10/15/2016 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Surgery 2/23/2017 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/5/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Dec 16, 2018 07:13PM Mucki1991 wrote:

hi and welcome to the group.you'll find lots of support here and lots of knowledge

Rebekah Dx 5/5/2017, ILC/IDC/IDC: Papillary, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 7/14/2017 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 8/22/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 2/8/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy 2/26/2018 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 4/20/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/17/2018 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Surgery 1/25/2019

Dec 16, 2018 10:48PM Moderators wrote:

Hi Megan_C . We're sorry you too find yourself here, but welcome you warmly to our community.

Medicating, The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Dec 17, 2018 12:30AM Megan_C wrote:

As far as treatment goes, I feel like i’ve done well, the a/c was difficult, and I was feeling really good about the taxol, until my most recent treatment..... i’ve experienced jaw pain, i’ve read that that is a side effect. OH MY GOSH!!!! It STINKS!!!!!! :( I can usually tolerate pain, but I HATE this jaw pain! I’m ready for it to be GONE!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)