We are 224,330 members in 82 forums discussing 157,697 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My doctors have said i’m an unusual case.......

Forum: Mixed Type Breast Cancer — Meet others who have mixed type breast cancer.

Posted on: Feb 25, 2019 10:02PM - edited Feb 25, 2019 11:12PM by Megan_C

Megan_C wrote:

I was diagnosed with DCIS and invasive ductal carcinoma. I am ER+, PR- and HER 2- . My surgeon looked over my pathology report and was explaining the results and she said that I was about 30% ER+(she made it sound like 90% would be better). My original mass shrunk well during chemo. I think my doctors decided to treat me the way they did because they weren't sure what was actual cancer and what was DCIS. I am having all the components of treatment.... i've had 8 rounds of chemo, ( 4 of AC and 4 of Taxol) I had a double mastectomy on February 6 of this year with the beginnings of reconstruction, during my mastectomy surgery, 3 lymph nodes were taken and all were negative. Next I will be doing radiation, and finally the second step of reconstruction. after my mastectomy, there was about .8MM left in the sample that they removed. My radiation oncologist wants me to go ahead and get my fills in the tissue expanders before I start radiation. I will eventually be put on Tamoxifen. I'm a little worried about that because I have heard about the side effects.

Thanks!

Megan

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Feb 26, 2019 12:57PM Mucki1991 wrote:

I have not had terrible side effects on tamoxifen, so don't get discouraged and try to keep an open mind when you start it.

Rebekah Dx 5/5/2017, ILC/IDC/IDC: Papillary, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 7/13/2017 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 8/22/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 2/8/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy 2/25/2018 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 4/19/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/17/2018 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Surgery 1/24/2019

Mar 4, 2019 04:15PM beach2beach wrote:

I can't really complain, I've done pretty well on Tamoxifen. Dryness is my number one issue with it. Give it a fair chance. I had a few hot flashes in beginning then I was fine. I take it in the late afternoon. Also learned not to take anything else drying, like allergy pills at same time of day. The dryness was horrible when I took them both during same time of day.

Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/11/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 4, 2019 09:13PM AliceBastable wrote:

I've only been on Tamoxifen a few months, but so far I've only had some hot flashes. They're not horrible, and each one is brief. They seem to kick in about five hours after I take the pill, and the waves of flashes last about four hours. I never had hot flashes after my hysterectomy in 2008, so I'm finding these interesting in an annoying way! Not having them previously was probably a big red flag that I was still churning out estrogen, though. Oh, and I'm keeping an eye on my temper; I've noticed a few Hulk moments recently.

Endometrial cancer 2010, basal cell multiples, breast cancer 2018, kidney cancer 2018. Cancer's a bitch, but I'm a bigger one with more practice. Dx 5/2018, ILC/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/10/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/7/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)