We are 220,518 members in 81 forums discussing 155,810 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: 5 year survivors, post your screen name here!

Forum: Acknowledging and honoring our Community — Share accomplishments, milestones, goals of community members, family members or yourself. Just finished treatment? Just got married? Watched your child graduate? Ran a big run? Been a huge help to members in our community? Let's honor our members here!

Posted on: Apr 19, 2012 12:30PM

Moderators wrote:

Seeing this will inspire our newbies! 

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 41 of 41 (1,218 results)

Posts 1201 - 1218 (1,218 total)

May 30, 2019 05:55PM Alicethecat2 wrote:

Hello Margun

A Her2+ Grade 3 lump on chest wall calling in.

I first discovered the lump in October 2011 but my GP sent me away. So I returned a month later, given a referral for January. Aggressive treatment, upfront, early and I'm doing well nearly seven years later.

Why not you?

Alice

Dx 1/4/2012, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 2/6/2012 Mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 3DCRT: Chest wall Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy CEF

May 30, 2019 06:17PM Scrafgal wrote:

really inspired by you ladies!

Dx 12/2016, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/6/2017 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 3/22/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 6/15/2017 FAC Hormonal Therapy 9/27/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 10/13/2017 Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 3/16/2018 Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo Surgery 5/9/2018 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Surgery 5/9/2019 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting

May 30, 2019 06:44PM Rosabella wrote:

4 years ago on memorial day weekend I had excruciating breast pain. Was officially dxd on my mom's birthday June 2. Looking forward to officially posting 5 years next year!

Dx 6/2/2015, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/4 nodes, PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/5/2015 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Chemotherapy 11/3/2015 AC + T (Taxotere) Radiation Therapy 5/3/2016 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 6/28/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Targeted Therapy

Jun 4, 2019 10:45PM edwards750 wrote:

I’ll be 8 years out this August God willing. My tumor was found on my annual mammogram. IDC, Stage 1b, Grade 1 in 2011.

So far, so good.

Diane

Jun 5, 2019 01:06PM - edited Jun 5, 2019 04:04PM by Moderators

I am a 2 time 27 year thriver! Presently managing mbc over 5 years now :)

I share all my resources and links on gotballZ. org

Best,

Shari

Jun 5, 2019 04:05PM Moderators wrote:

Thanks for sharing this Shishlou! You are an inspiration! Medicating

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jun 5, 2019 04:45PM Margun wrote:

I have her2positive grade 3 bcBefore starting chimo i did ct scan and bone scan which was cleare.I asked my surgeon if she intends to do any scan or IRM before or after surgery to make sure nothing escaped. She said they analyze l’imbroglio nodes during surgery I see if all ok but no scan until god forbid some simptom arises. She said she cannot do IRM of the intiert body but only if an area if god forbid some unusual simptom is noticed. This is not settling to me. How was your experience, no mri or scan after chimo?Thanks for responding.

Jun 5, 2019 08:36PM edwards750 wrote:

Margun - do you mean MRI? I didn’t have chemo so hopefully someone who did will respond. All symptoms aren’t the same for everyone.

Diane

Jun 5, 2019 10:54PM ruthbru wrote:

Nothing would show up even if something microscopic had escaped. A MRI would be pointless at that time.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 6, 2019 11:30AM Margun wrote:

therefor there is no scan showing that all is cleare? Some people did pet scan after chimio, that at least gives some cinfidence that after chimio nithing detectable is left and no need panicking every time some à part of body is sensitive Thanks

Jun 11, 2019 09:05PM Mommato3 wrote:

I hit the 5 year mark in April. In the beginning I never thought I'd see this day. Doing well now except for the extra pounds I've gained from early menopause/Anastrozole.

AC-THP UMX Dx 4/25/2014, IDC, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 4/20/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 11, 2019 09:15PM wrenn wrote:

I’m triple negative grade 3 metaplastic with no treatment beyond surgery and first dose of chemo. I found my lump 6 years ago this week and am doing fine. I expect to die from heart disease given my lifestyle and family history. My grandmother died around age 40 from breast cancer. I feel pretty lucky

Metaplastic IDC Triple negative...Tumour is 1.5cm. BMX Aug. 16th. Chemo cancelled after one dose due to complications. Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/16/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Jun 11, 2019 10:37PM ruthbru wrote:

Awesome, ladies! I celebrated 12 years out in February!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 12, 2019 06:26PM Margun wrote:

I am on chimo now but after surgery and radio I will be on Herceptin for a year each 3 weeks.I have been told that Herceptin may affect heart but Not always. I would like to know if you could have enough force to go oversee, Europe while getty'ing Herceptin. I would like to go with my son or during break or summer. On summer I am thinking it would be too sunny and dangerous? I heard I must avoid sun all my life? At what extent? can I walk on streets for several hrs under sun with sunscreen or nott even that can be harmful.What do you know about the sun for cancer patients while on Herceptin or after while taking hormon pills Do you do enything particular agsinstthe sun than before cancer?
Thanks

Jun 12, 2019 09:07PM ruthbru wrote:

A friend of mine (who was a foreign language teacher) took a student group to Germany in the 3 weeks between two of her Herceptin infusions (the last two actually). It was in the summer, and she did fine. I've never heard that you needed to avoid the sun on either Herceptin or on anti-hormonals (I took 5 years of Arimidex without ever thinking about the sun in relationship to the pills).

Jun 13, 2019 03:32AM Margun wrote:

ruthbru- did you experience any se while taking only Herceptin or anti-hormones? Two people that I met at my surgeons office told me that anti-hormones give fatigue. One of them who was on them for 9 years now, told me that she wanted to drop the pills several times hoping to regain her energy but continued to take because her doc strongly suggested complete her 10 years. I also noticthat some people take antihormons for 5 years and some for ten years. That depends on agressivness or the tumor or on other factors as well?thanks

Jun 13, 2019 09:54AM ruthbru wrote:

Margun, no, I didn't have any bad SEs from Arimidex. I was a little 'creaky' at first but my body adjusted after about 3 months. My advice is to keep moving, keep moving, keep moving!

Jun 14, 2019 10:57AM - edited Jun 19, 2019 01:43PM by Rosiecat

This Post was deleted by Rosiecat.
Dx 8/24/2018, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/17/2018 Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 10/24/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxol (paclitaxel)

Page 41 of 41 (1,218 results)