Topic: Unexpected silver linings and breast cancer

Forum: Acknowledging and honoring our Community — Share accomplishments, milestones, goals of community members, family members or yourself.

Posted on: May 4, 2012 03:05PM

Posted on: May 4, 2012 03:05PM

Alicethecat wrote:

Hi everyone

Has being diagnosed with breast cancer led to any unexpected silver lining for you?

Here are my top three:

1. My ex-fiancee of 30 years ago made a trip over from the US to see me in the UK.

2. You find out who your friends are.

3. The chemotherapy treatment seems to have come on leaps and bounds from ten years ago, says a friend who survived oesophagal cancer and was diagnosed as stage 4 but is alive and kicking ten years later.

Is there anything you'd like to share?

Best wishes

Alice

Dx 1/4/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 2/6/2012 Mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 7/18/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 10/2/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 15 of 15 (145 results)

Oct 20, 2015 08:33AM HopeFaithCourage wrote:

Silver lining is there. I've developed a greater ability to love and be loved :)

Dx 11/2/2012, IDC, 4cm, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 2/2015, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 10/2016, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other Radiation Therapy External: Chest wall, Bone

Oct 20, 2015 10:55AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Many here have donated . Thank you !........Wandering around and cheerleading again :)

Donate today, make a difference directly in all our lives. By supporting BCO, we support each other. Thanks and Hugs :)

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/110/topic/834331?page=1

Link to the mainboard donation page

https://secure3.convio.net/bco/site/Donation2?df_i...

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Apr 6, 2016 03:21PM - edited Apr 6, 2016 03:23PM by Pbrain

I am not married and am an East Coaster in the midwest. When I got my diagnosis, I was thinking "wow, you have to do this alone. Your family and friends are just too far away." WRONG! I have the most wonderful friends here and I found so many BC sisters were there to help me, acquaintances I didn't even know had BC . My cancer team was amazing, caring, kind and are now friends.

I lost some friends, sure, but they weren't good friends now that I look back. My issues scared them I guess. So now I'm left with two amazing teachings--believe that others love you and will help you, and trust in yourself. I did a-ok on my own, and when I needed people, they were there.

Jane~**~***~**~Put your head down and run like Walter Payton! And for those in treatment, this was my fight song www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q3LEa... Dx 9/26/2012, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+, Surgery 10/15/2012 Lumpectomy: Left Targeted Therapy 11/8/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/8/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 11/29/2012 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 3/10/2013 Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/13/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 31, 2016 06:32PM Jamiev wrote:

I was diagnosed while I was still breastfeeding my 8 month old. I went 8+months of never sleeping more than 4 hours at a time.

I cried when I had to stop BFing, but silver lining: my baby started sleeping through the night on formula. And I no longer haveto pump at work.

Aug 31, 2016 07:02PM moderators wrote:

Jamie-

More sleep is always a good thing! We love to hear how our members have found little positives among the negatives. Thank you for sharing!

The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 15 of 15 (145 results)

Scroll to top button