Join Us

We are 217,532 members in 84 forums discussing 160,616 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Did the BIG RIDE to Portland!!!

Forum: Acknowledging and honoring our Community — Share accomplishments, milestones, goals of community members, family members or yourself. Just finished treatment? Just got married? Watched your child graduate? Ran a big run? Been a huge help to members in our community? Let's honor our members here!

Posted on: Jul 16, 2012 04:21PM

Claire_in_Seattle wrote:

I was a bit worried about this one, as had the online article up, and would have felt foolish if I hadn't been able to finish.  I needn't have worried.  All went just fine.  No worse off than a bit tired today.  (Me and about 6000 other riders.)

The total amount of cycling was 204 miles over 2 days.  So back-to-back Century rides.

I was faster than ever on some of the long stretches, so all my training did pay off.  It also has paid off physically, as I got a compliment about my legs while crossing the Longview Bridge.

This is my sixth Seattle-to-Portland in 6 years.  This year, I am adding the journey in the opposite direction to Vancouver BC late next month.

Hardest part of the ride????  Getting back on that saddle on Day 2Innocent

Most fun???  Seeing a mother cow and her young calf at the end of Day 1.  So peaceful.  I told her that her picture would be seen worldwide on Facebook and she was unimpressed.  I wouldn't want to leave the Newaukum Valley on that wonderful July evening either.

Most satisfying moment????  Taking the first sip of a celebratory IPA at the FINISH!!! - Claire

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH)

Page 2 of 2 (31 results)

Posts 31 (31 total)

Jul 17, 2018 07:14PM PreludeSing wrote:

absolutely inspirational Claire!

Dx 6/2/2017, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/5/2017 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 6/26/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 11/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Page 2 of 2 (31 results)