Topic: Wrote a poem ....

Forum: Acknowledging and honoring our Community — Share accomplishments, milestones, goals of community members, family members or yourself.

Posted on: Aug 9, 2015 10:57PM

Posted on: Aug 9, 2015 10:57PM

morwenna wrote:

Back in 2013, when I was recently finished radiation treatment, I posted this on the "In Shock" thread in the "Just Diagnosed" forum.

I had it in my phone, and managed to accidentally delete it, but I didn't want it to be lost, so I searched out the original post, and I am sticking it on here as well :)

Oct 17, 2013 09:45AM Morwenna wrote:

Hey guys, I am not much given to writing "poetry", but this just popped out, so I thought I'd share:

A club that nobody wants to join; exclusive, selective, we, the lucky ones? I think not!

Yet out of the darkness a nourishment flowers-

Human kindness, compassion in the wee small hours.

"The Three a.m. club"! - it is true what they say:

Things ARE much worse without light of the day!

But here, on this website is always on hand

A woman, a comrade, who WILL understand ...

Exactly the feelings we strive to explain;

The fear and the sorrow, the tears and the pain,

But also the moments of triumph and bliss.

Where else but on BC.org find we this?

For some it's a bandaid to help while we heal;

A place we can rant, swear, express how we feel.

For others it may become oh, so much more:

A path paved with friendships to last and endure!

So to all my dear friends, and to those yet to meet,

I send love, and a hope for your healing complete.

Dx 11/8/2012, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/11 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/23/2012 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Surgery 12/12/2012 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/9/2013 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 7/22/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 1/6/2015 Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (Right): Free TRAM flap

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Aug 10, 2015 01:24PM rebelhomemaker wrote:

very nice

Thank you for sharing

Melanie

Aug 10, 2015 05:28PM BarredOwl wrote:

Hi Morwenna:

Lovely! Thanks! You may have a career option in the fine arts!

BarredOwl

Stage IA IDC, 9/2013 BMX. Right: IDC (1.5 mm, grade 2) with DCIS (5+ cm), 0/4 nodes, pN0. Left: DCIS (5+ cm), 0/1 node, pN0(i+).

Aug 11, 2015 02:15PM moderators wrote:

Lovely, morwenna!

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Oct 27, 2015 03:22PM EleonoraFendicirca-1766 wrote:

I am so new to this and need so much support. I have days of severe depression. I need help from people like me. I have written a short essay called "My personal Marathon" but am not sure how to send it to you. It won't fit in this small space. Can I send it via an e-mail address. I am a 65 year old grandmother who loves people and I adore my family. A have a few stories I would like to share with you. Please let me know how I can do this - in other words what platform can I use. I had a double mastectomy for lobular cancer on 24 July 2015. I am oestrogen receptive positive and HER2 negative. 15 lymph glands were removed of which 14 tested positive. I am on oestrogen suppressant drugs and have just completed 30 sessions of radiation. I have a lousy dry hacking cough. Is this normal? I have bone metastasis in three spots, one on my sternum, one on a rib and one on a vertebra which is so small they are not going to radiate it as apparently the oestrogen supps will take care of that. Any comments? Please sit in my corner. It feels lonely here in Africa.

Oct 27, 2015 03:40PM moderators wrote:

Dear Eleonora, Welcome to our community. We are so sorry for our diagnosis and all that comes with it but we are so glad that you reached out from your corner in Africa. You can send us your stories via Private Message. There is a forum for those who are considered stage 4 with mets. You may want to review some of the topics there and post your questions where others will respond. There is also a thread that asks for your story in that forum. Let us know if you have trouble navigating the boards. Stay connected here. Keep posting. The MOds

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Scroll to top button