Topic: BLONDIE!!!

Forum: Acknowledging and honoring our Community — Share accomplishments, milestones, goals of community members, family members or yourself.

Posted on: Nov 4, 2015 02:46PM

Posted on: Nov 4, 2015 02:46PM

Tomboy wrote:

Because I think many of us here love Blondie for just plain being herself- funny, wise, deeply caring, smart, and gifted at saying things in a very genuine manner, my friend SlowDeepBreathes and I thought Blondie deserved a thread of her own, where people could come and tell funny stories about her say hello, in admiration of a very fine and tough lady. Who thinks I look just fine with lavender hair. Thank you, Blondie, for being a true good friend here to me. You have no idea how many times you've made me smile on BCO, and in real life. I made these cakes for you, and for everybody to pull up a chair and have some, while we visit...

"I will sit right down, waiting for the gift of sound & vision" David Bowie, Rest in pax, my beloved changeling... Dx 6/8/2012, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 25/30 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 56 of 56 (560 results)

Jul 24, 2016 05:37PM Tomboy wrote:

Blondiesdghtr, it was a pleasure, and I am glad she shared with you

"I will sit right down, waiting for the gift of sound & vision" David Bowie, Rest in pax, my beloved changeling... Dx 6/8/2012, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 25/30 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 6, 2016 11:13PM SlowDeepBreaths wrote:

Blondiesdghtr, I hope you're all doing ok.

I miss her so much.

Dx 4/2016, TN mets to lung. VATS left upper lobe wedge resection. "Fall seven times, stand up eight" Japanese Proverb Dx 7/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+, Dx 7/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-,

Aug 9, 2016 10:10PM sas-schatzi wrote:

I thought of Blondie, She was really pissed off about all the cancer stuff and why it took so long. But my thoughts go now to you that cared fro her and are hurting so much. Sorry for your pain. Sorry for the hole in your heart. Bless you all for taking care for her. Bless you. Thought of you each. No way to make it easier, there are no words.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Aug 10, 2016 09:40PM daisylover wrote:

Happy Birthday, Sandy! Love and miss you. The kids are really rallying together :) I am sure that you are proud. Will celebrate your life with them this weekend <3

Dx 10/22/2013, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 3/12/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 10, 2016 09:50PM SlowDeepBreaths wrote:

Happy Birthday, dear Sandy. I wish you were here with us.

Enjoy the celebration of her life, Daisylover. I wish I could be there with you.

Gentle hugs to you, her family and to all that loved her.

Dx 4/2016, TN mets to lung. VATS left upper lobe wedge resection. "Fall seven times, stand up eight" Japanese Proverb Dx 7/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+, Dx 7/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-,

Aug 15, 2016 12:42PM Tomboy wrote:

....just missing you, Blondie, and hope you were somehow 'there', at your celebration of life. I am glad though that you loved so many, and so well. I take my phone out to the porch, at the time of early nightfall, when we would text a little, just to check in with each other, and sit with it and think of you, a kind of meditation on you.. and also I wanted you to know that I found this great stuff for coloring hair! It's so easy to do yourself, and you would have loved the pastel lilac, and the pastel pink ones especially! And if I had found it before SlowDeepBreathe's WildRide, I would have sent you all the colors of the rainbow, or even, hitched a ride with her, to color your fine head myself!

Aug 16, 2016 05:27AM duckyb1 wrote:

Thinking about you........

Ducky Dx 2/15/2011, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 1, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 4/24/2011 Whole breast: Breast

Aug 16, 2016 11:12AM april485 wrote:

Happy belated Birthday Blondie. Hope that you are making smiles and memories beyond the stars...xo

"Fear has been a huge dictator in my life - so I am trying to stage a coup!" ~ a friend Dx 1/30/2013, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 2/20/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 3/10/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/21/2013 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2013 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 17, 2016 06:14AM daisylover wrote:

Tomboy, Blondie was so present at her celebration of life :) and, 3 of her friends wore purple cotton tanks and white short shorts with flip flops! There were some beautiful stories of happier times. Her daughters both spoke and reminded me of her in their expressions... so forthright... Her beauty lives on in these resilient young women. I was extremely comforted by the kind, humorous nature of the woman from her final hospice who lead the service -- she was in good, caring hands in her final days... After the service, the children released ladybugs at a nearby park in her honor. All 5 kids went out to lunch together the following day! Sandy must be looking down smiling :)

Dx 10/22/2013, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 3/12/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 17, 2016 05:33PM Tomboy wrote:

That sounds so great, DaisyLover! Thanks for sharing that with us

Page 56 of 56 (560 results)

Scroll to top button