Topic: Friendships that have formed on these boards

Forum: Acknowledging and honoring our Community — Share accomplishments, milestones, goals of community members, family members or yourself.

Posted on: Jan 1, 2017 06:57PM - edited Sep 7, 2017 10:31AM by moderators

Posted on: Jan 1, 2017 06:57PM - edited Sep 7, 2017 10:31AM by moderators

moderators wrote:

One of the things that makes our community so special is are the many, many friendships that have formed on these boards; friendships that have gone from anonymous online support, to real-life bonds.

If you've met and developed a close bond with someone during your time here, one that has translated from the forums to real-life, we'd love to hear from you!

As always, thank you, for being here, for sharing yourselves with us, and for sharing your lives with each other.

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 3 of 3 (30 results)

Feb 13, 2017 01:03PM gently wrote:

ArmyChick I am having surgery March 10. I hope to see you in the March surgery group and in other topics. I've only been on this site in the past few days and am heartened by the quality of caring and intelligence creating this foundation of support. I have a feeling we'll have plenty to say in this Friendships topic, over time.

Dx 1/23/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Hormonal Therapy

Apr 4, 2018 10:43PM denisbill wrote:

'm new and don't have any friends yet. I've been in this all alone the whole past 5 years. It seems impossible to ever stop worrying about recurrence.

Apr 5, 2018 03:32AM moderators wrote:

Hi denisbill,

You may like to check out and create a topic in the forum below to find others in your area.

Member Match up and Local Support Groups

Good luck!

Oct 17, 2018 06:43AM nowheregirl wrote:

OMG I didn't know about this topic.

I joined this community right after my dx so it's been 13 years now. I've made friends with quite a few lovely ladies over the years and Donna aka djd has become a special friend to me. Even though we literally live thousands miles away from each other - she in Dallas and me in Japan -, we've met in person 3 times (twice here and once in TX). We are looking forward to the 4th reunion.

Dx 7/7/2005, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 2/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/8/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 3/10/2006 Surgery 3/22/2006 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 4/7/2006 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 8/21/2006 Breast, Lymph nodes

Oct 17, 2018 10:58AM ruthbru wrote:

Some of ladies from the Lets Post Our Daily Exercise thread just got back from our 8th annual road trip. This year we were Nashville Cats!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 18, 2018 10:03AM moderators wrote:

How we love these stories of friendship! Thank you for letting us all know, and see you "in person"!!

Dec 10, 2018 09:26AM Joanne58 wrote:

I've truly enjoyed reading these posts and seeing the pictures of the wonderful women who are friends, forever, because of this site. Thank you, Mods, for starting this thread I just discovered! BCO is a lifeline in so many ways, but providing forums that build friendships--a sisterhood--is the crowning achievement, in my opinion Hug

"There is beauty all around when there's love at home." --John H. McNaughton Dx 9/7/2010, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+, Surgery 9/16/2010 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 10/28/2010 AC Targeted Therapy 1/21/2011 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 3/23/2011 Hormonal Therapy 4/27/2011 Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 25, 2019 04:04PM ASCF wrote:

I am so thrilled I found this site! I work with the Anne Stirba Cancer Foundation in Utah.. and for the past 7 years we have held a party called "Nite off from Cancer". It is a celebration of hope, stories, memories, love, caring and kindness! Anne Stirba was a wonderful, intelligent, beautiful woman who was also a Judge in the State of Utah. She left behind two girls and her husband when she passed away almost 15 years ago. Since we are blessed to be near the Huntsman Cancer Treatment Center here in Utah ..we have formed a good partnership with them.. We are a small Foundation, but we have still been able to help with things some patients have needed for care etc.

I am just looking to say Hi and let people know our little Foundation is here. We want to make friends and connect to be a part of this amazing community of people!

My best to all!

K.

Sep 18, 2019 04:13AM - edited Sep 18, 2019 04:14AM by Animalcrackershusband

Hello,

Can someone please help me? My name is Chris. My wife, Cathy, lost her battle with breast cancer in June. I'm pretty sure she was a regular visitor to this online community...going by the name of Animal Crackers, I believe.

I know how important the online community was to her. I think she would want me to check in and let her online friends know of her passing. I'm assuming any friends out there have assumed the worst, as she hasn't been online for at least a few months if not longer. Still, I'd like to try to let any of her online friends know what happened and how much she loved you all.

Not really versed in navigation tactics for this site or certain what topical forums she might have frequented. If one of you ladies reading this can find your way to assisting me with notifying her friends I, and I'm sure she, up there in heaven, would be most grateful.

Thank you.

Chris (Animalcrackershusband

Sep 18, 2019 05:52AM - edited Sep 18, 2019 06:01AM by moderators

Animalcrackershusband, We are terribly sorry for what you are here, and wanted to extend our sincerest condolences for the passing of your dear wife Cathy. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

It is very sad, but at the same time is nice of you to come here to let all her friends know about her. If you want to know the threads where she used to post, you can use the Search function (left blue menu) and make a "Search by Member Name". This will give you a list whit all her posts and the threads where she had posted, so you can go there and write your own post to let members know. She was a loved and valuable member of our Community, so we're sure her friends will welcome you with open arms.

Hope this helps! And please, let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

The Mods

Page 3 of 3 (30 results)

Scroll to top button