We are 196,648 members in 81 forums discussing 144,826 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Acknowledging and honoring our Community → Topic: Provide feedback/advice about our site and campaigns?!

Topic: Provide feedback/advice about our site and campaigns?!

Forum: Acknowledging and honoring our Community — Share accomplishments, milestones, goals of community members, family members or yourself. Just finished treatment? Just got married? Watched your child graduate? Ran a big run? Been a huge help to members in our community? Let's honor our members here!

Posted on: Nov 14, 2017 11:00AM

Moderators wrote:

Hi All,

We thought we would post this thread as we try to encourage more conversation with our amazing community into changes we make to our site, funding campaigns, and other possible areas where we could benefit from your insights.

Please add your name here if you would be interested in getting contacted via PM to help on specific asks. In general we find 1:1/small group intimate user-testing much more beneficial rather than simply posting on the site in a forum.

We have a very large, amazing and talented community, and we want to tap into as many people's insights as possible. With great appreciation and admiraton! The Mods and BCO Team

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Nov 14, 2017 01:04PM Meow13 wrote:

I would like more emphasis on research and new drugs and possibly vaccines. What really is upsetting to me is the awareness and prevention part of the campaign. While exercise and overall health are good for people it doesn't prevent you from getting breast cancer. I cannot tell you how many people believe they are at little to no risk of the disease. In many cases it is just pure bad luck, not genetic or health related.

While finding the disease as soon as possible is better it doesn't guarantee you won't die from it. It is a very serious disease and needs to be conveyed that way. Stop focusing on you lose your hair and making it fun and pink, people suffer from treatments and the doctors and drug companies down play it, your lucky to be alive so don't complain.

The focus should be on treatment that doesn't destroy your QOL and health and definitely a cure.

Nov 14, 2017 03:24PM LeesaD wrote:

I would be interested in participating.
Oncotype Score 3, 2/4 Sentinal Nodes micromestasis so pushed for ALND for 'peace of Mind' and surprise found 2/14 positive axillary nodes Dx 2/3/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 4/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2017 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/17/2017 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 5/8/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 8/1/2017 Hormonal Therapy 9/7/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Surgery 11/16/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)