We are 226,650 members in 82 forums discussing 158,895 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Who has the right to delete a memorial page

Forum: Acknowledging and honoring our Community — Share accomplishments, milestones, goals of community members, family members or yourself. Just finished treatment? Just got married? Watched your child graduate? Ran a big run? Been a huge help to members in our community? Let's honor our members here!

Posted on: Dec 4, 2018 03:06PM - edited Dec 4, 2018 03:11PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Message sent to Mods:
I went to look at MammaRay's memory thread. Last person to post was Joanne58. The thread links back to the main forum thread. Did it multiple times. So, either there is a glitch or you have interfered somehow with MammaRay's memory.....thread 
Wiping out the community's memory of a memory thread wouldn't seem to be part of the TOS. Nor under the control of any outside person. This is the record from the forum thread

Joanne58 replied to topic Prayers for MammaRay on Nov 11, 2018 04:11AM (134 total posts) In forum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration .

Since the husband was against her memory here. I object that he had a right to asked for it's removal, if that is what has occurred. Without her written permission, her thread should not have been deleted by anyone.

WHICH raises a very serious question, that needs to be addressed at the highest levels of the organization. Who besides myself can ask for my posts to be wiped out----or my memorial thread. 

Have a nice day. I will create a thread somewhere for discussion Thank you, sassy"

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 2 of 2 (34 results)

Posts 31 - 34 (34 total)

Mar 16, 2019 12:57AM sas-schatzi wrote:

I went through a grieving period for the loss of 6 BCO friends in a short period of time.  MammaRay was one. I couldn't come back. I was grieving too much. Let me name them. MammaRay, Susan3, PDGraham, Magdailine(mags), Bluebird Essa, PattyPeppermint. All were in contact by phone at one time . The seriousness of the phone contacts varied from trying to convince ICU folks to take a different action, to living through 5 trials . 

Nothing apparently has happened here?
Mods?

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Mar 16, 2019 02:08AM runor wrote:

Late to the party, as usual. My two bits:

Anyone who posts here does so voluntarily. Their words are a gift. A donation. A piece in the puzzle and others add and build as we juggle our way through this life event.

No outside force should have any authority over the gifts a member has chosen to leave here. I feel it is the job of the Moderators to manage this site as per the rules that keep this site flowing well. However, it is another thing completely for Mods to take orders or be influenced by people who are NOT members of this community, who HAVE NOT contributed to the site and who ARE NOT the author nor donater of the written words given here. There are inside issues for the moderators to manage and outside issues for them to say no, sorry, go away, this isn't your tea party, buh-bye now. Meaning, if my Hub were to come along after my death and pitch a fit that he wanted my posts removed I hope the answer would be, sucks to be you Buddy!

Mods need to know who issues their marching orders and we need to understand that clearly. Us on the inside or those on the outside?

I have removed my own posts. I believe we should be free to reconsider what we say. But no one else gets to reconsider that for us. Not in life and not in death. I would be interested to know under what circumstances a partner can demand, after our death, that our words be removed? The ultimate edit! It bothers me on a deep level.

Dx 3/23/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/5/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 16, 2019 02:19AM - edited Mar 16, 2019 02:19AM by sas-schatzi

You go girl, I agree. Love your words.

" I believe we should be free to reconsider what we say. But no one else gets to reconsider that for us. Not in life and not in death. I would be interested to know under what circumstances a partner can demand, after our death, that our words be removed? The ultimate edit! It bothers me on a deep level." runor. March 16 , 2019

Mar 16, 2019 07:53AM Peregrinelady wrote:

Glad to see you back, Sassy. I was worried about you.
Dx 4/24/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2015 Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox) Surgery 4/17/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 2 of 2 (34 results)