Join Us

We are 216,859 members in 84 forums discussing 160,262 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Help a Breast Cancer warrior with their pets

Forum: Acknowledging and honoring our Community — Share accomplishments, milestones, goals of community members, family members or yourself. Just finished treatment? Just got married? Watched your child graduate? Ran a big run? Been a huge help to members in our community? Let's honor our members here!

Posted on: Sep 17, 2019 05:05AM

KatherineGrace wrote:

Hi

I am a professional pet sitter and one of my clients is taking the challenge to get well. She has 4 kittys and they are her life. I am watching them as she goes thru Dr appts and treatments. Anyone that has a friend with pets you can help them by taking care of their fur babies.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Sep 17, 2019 09:45AM Cowgirl13 wrote:

Katherine, what a wonderful idea! I too am a professional petsitter, mainly with cats.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the Devil says: 'Oh crap! She's up! Dx 5/28/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 6/17/2009 Chemotherapy 8/2/2009 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/21/2009 Hormonal Therapy 2/22/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 17, 2019 10:42AM MelissaDallas wrote:

One of the best “gifts” I got when I had a different cancer was my cousin kept my big dog for several months when taking care of him would have been too much for me to handle

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Sep 17, 2019 10:56AM Meow13 wrote:

A wonderful suggestion. Thanks

Sep 18, 2019 12:01AM KatherineGrace wrote:

Hi,

Nice to hear from a fellow pet sitter. I actually tried to postpone my surgery because I had a pet sit scheduled.

My pet parents really rely on me and I didn't want to tell them about things. But my Dr "strongly" advised to not wait because of open margins. Thankfully the hubster did the first sit that I had scheduled the week right after surgery

It is funny that so many people in the center that I am getting my treatment in love that I am a pet sitter. I actually have a new client from this. Good things do happen.

I went thru the pet sitters international course, did you?. It was challenging having to learn about sitting for farm animals but I think anyone that is watching fur kids should take the time to get certified. I pet site for dogs and furballs.

Stay Strong

Kathy

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)