Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

A Place To Say Thanks to Members Who Helped You!

2019whatayear
2019whatayear Member Posts: 464

Hi Everyone!

I am hoping that this will become the longest thread on BC dot org someday. The purpose of this thread is to give some public recognition for a member or those members who have helped you with their posts. We have some members who really go above and beyond to share their knowledge with newbies and worried members, let's thank them here so they know we appreciate them!!!Heart

Comments

• 2019whatayear
    edited January 2022

I want to say thank you very much for your posts Moth! For example, you have posted about how when cancer is aggressive (like grade 3) you only have one shot to attack with everything (paraphrasing) during initial treatment and that was very helpful for me.

thanks for taking the time to post and share your knowledge!

• debal
    debal Member Posts: 600
    edited January 2022

great thread idea!! Beesie! There is so much time , effort, and research that countless members put in to help others. It's just nice to know that whenever we need it others are here to help.

• 2019whatayear
    edited January 2022

Beesie you are an amazing resource. I wonder how many people you have talked down from pure panic? Has to be hundreds and hundreds!

• norcals
    norcals Member Posts: 206
    edited January 2022

I would like to thank Lumpie. She’s done a great job in updating the community on research on breast cancer

• 2019whatayear
    edited January 2022

So true Lumpie's thread is one of my favorites. I really appreciate what you do Lumpie!

• debal
    debal Member Posts: 600
    edited January 2022

I've never read Lumpie's thread but thanks to this thread I will now!

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited January 2022

I would like to thank Saulius. Not only is he incredibly knowledgeable and tells us what he learns, but he is a cheerleader not only for his wife but for al of us. A real treasure!

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    edited January 2022

I would like to thank Cure-ous. She is so knowledgeable and shares her findings for new treatments on the clinical trial thread. I have found her input so helpful.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 648
    edited January 2022

Micmel created a great living room for MBC'ers to gather. We laugh and cry together. It's a very warm and cozy place and while we dread when someone new joins, we welcome them with open arms. Heartfelt thanks Mel!

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited January 2022

2019 what a beautiful idea thank you for starting this. Ditto on all the folks already mentioned above - Beesie, Moth, Lumpie and the rest thank you for all you do. I would also like to thank MinusTwo and Salamandra ! This entire community was so helpful to me when I was first diagnosed, literally a lifeline.

• norcals
    norcals Member Posts: 206
    edited February 2022

I would also like to thank Cure-ious. Her contributions to the Clinical Trials thread has been so helpful. I feel that she really helps the community

• 2019whatayear
    edited February 2022

It's that Valentine's Day time of year-- what a great time to share the love and thank a member who has helped you in some way over the days, months or years since you hear that craptastic sentence You Have Breast Cancer. HeartHug

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 752
    edited February 2022

There is too many to name. I knew nothing when I arrived here, other than that lump shouldn't be there. Today, I can read and understand reports and help others. Thanks all! Everyone has also been very supportive to me in my times of grief. I Know I shouldn't go off topic, but I sometimes do! Thanks for all your understanding too!

• 2019whatayear
    edited February 2022

Shetland Pony, I wanted to say I have read many of your posts over the years and you are always a steady calming influence in what can be such a chaotic place.

Thank you xoxoxo

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited February 2022

Aww, thank you. That means a lot to me!

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,625
    edited February 2022

For those of us with HER2+ breast cancer, SpecialK is a generous, helpful member who is a wealth of information! Many thanks!

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    beesie.is.out-of-office Member Posts: 1,435
    edited February 2022

I want to give a special thanks to Shetland, moth, exbrnxgrl, ParakeetsRule and the others who are Stage IV who give of their time and knowledge to offer support to newbies in the Not Diagnosed and Just Diagnosed forums. It can be a challenge for all of us to deal with the worries of newbies - many of whom voice fear about the very lives that we are living - and I imagine that it can sometimes be much more challenging for those who are Stage IV.

Shetland, I haven't posted in your thread, but I've been following and am there with you every day.

Many thanks to all who mentioned me in this thread. Smile

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,742
    edited February 2022

Blush… thank you, beesie

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    edited February 2022

I love this topic. I want to thank you Shetland Poney, she was the first one I asked for advice and she kindly gave me so many useful tips. Then, Moth, full of knowledge and suggestions on cancer and everything else. How about Beesie, with so much knowledge and patience to explain us with graphs and everything else that makes sense to us. Mel is the host of her amazing living room where you feel welcome to stop any time of day or night. Alice with her amazing sense of humor.

• Aklynna
    Aklynna Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2022

I’m still relatively new here, but the advice and encouragement has been wonderful.

My shoutouts go to exbrnxgrl for being so informative, down to earth, and positive in your responses. And, to Serendipity and LW who I “met” in my surgery and radiation groups.

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,221
    edited February 2022

ET - aw, thanks for that sweet shout-out! You do a great job yourself of encouraging the peeps on the TP/Her2+ threads - particularly the newbies!

I want to say that I love what everyone contributes - whether it be support, info, humor, a shoulder to cry on, recipes, personal experiences, resource recommendations, etc. - the combination is what makes this site such a light in my life, and has kept me here for so long.

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    edited February 2022

Aklynna - thank you! (blushing) And I agree with you, LW422 has been very supportive and caring.

NorCals, illimae, SondraF and Lalbo - a special shout-out to you.

And to all the other countless members here who have been so much help in one way or another, it truly is appreciated.

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited February 2022

So many have helped me and I appreciate you all.

To Kristy and Serendipity... hey girlfriends!! Y'all made this "journey" easier for sure. I hope you both are doing well, and thanks for the shoutout!

• l8blmr
    l8blmr Member Posts: 69
    edited February 2022

Love this idea.

Beesie and Moth - a big THANK YOU! Your knowledge is invaluable!

Badger and Ruthbru -love your book suggestions.

Really appreciate everyone for reaching out.

• Gonetruckin
    Gonetruckin Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2022

The Community here was my best friend during my treatment last year! I got more helpful information from reading through posts than from my doctors, nurses, and even PT ( though she was the most helpful in person human). I don’t remember all the names, but I thanked moth within a brief thread I started by asking a question she answered nicely. I actually got to this topic by searching “newbies”, was looking for that checklist of things to do before chemotherapy to make life easier. I know it has been reposted several times. I was ready to stop thinking about cancer finally after finishing treatment at Thanksgiving, but a very good friend was just diagnosed with stage 3 squamous cell carcinoma and will be starting concurrent chemo and radiation for six weeks. I’m trying to be helpful and supportive to her, though she will be having different drugs. If anyone can repost that list or has any other suggesti9ns that would be great!

• kksmom3
    kksmom3 Member Posts: 101
    edited March 2022

So many here, but seriously, beesie!!!! She explains SO many things!!! So knowledgeable, I trust her as much as any doctor!

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited March 2022

Thank you friends for so many kind comments Heart

gonetruckin, is it maybe this chemo thread that you're looking for https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/69/topics... sending good wishes to your friend!

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited March 2022

Thank you friends for so many nice comments Heart

gonetruckin, is it maybe this chemo thread that you're looking for? https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/69/topics...

best wishes for your friend!

• jojo0529
    jojo0529 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2022

Too many to list, but Specialk was especially helpful

• dutchiegirl
    dutchiegirl Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2022

Great thread! Like many of you, there are so many I could thank. I’m not a prolific poster but I’m a long time lurker and this site helped me so much. My diagnosis seemed so dire and it was hard to find HR negative, Her2 positive women in real life. A huge thank you to lkc for her messages of hope. Also thank you to Salfeldi for your friendship and your welcoming, warm tone.